Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York
Ok so, I've got an 8800 GTX and I really wanna OC it. It's at stock settings right now.

What's a good OCing program for it? I tried RivaTuner but it won't work. Gives me this weird message that the install wasn't complete.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6453|Stealth City, UK
Download it again? The only two programmes that I know of are that and ATi tools.

There's no point OC'n too much at the moment as it can deal with any game at full settings without a problem. What it will do though is increase the heat and probably void any warranty.
Pyrri
+7|6633
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Download it again? The only two programmes that I know of are that and ATi tools.

There's no point OC'n too much at the moment as it can deal with any game at full settings without a problem. What it will do though is increase the heat and probably void any warranty.
Alright, cool. Thanks.

I wanted to up it to maybe 626 MHz...but if you said it's just gonna void the warranty it's probably not worth it.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

Poseidon wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Alright, cool. Thanks.

I wanted to up it to maybe 626 MHz...but if you said it's just gonna void the warranty it's probably not worth it.
Depends what one you've got. Some companies wont really mind but others wont replace the card if its obviously been OC'd (when the BIOS is changed).
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

Try ATITool.
I don't use it, but it's the quickest way without having to go through a bunch of steps with you.
And it shouldn't void the warranty either. If the card is acting up and you need to send it back, just revert back to stock speeds, they won't notice a thing. (I hope)

Last edited by Ryan (2007-07-15 10:25:43)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6364|West NY

Poseidon wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Alright, cool. Thanks.

I've never encountered one instance in which it does not void it. If it was also the stock for your PC it also can void any of your PC warranties. Same w/ processors.

Last edited by Noobpatty (2007-07-15 10:26:11)

bobby177
+129|6484|Texas.. getting out asap
isnt atitools for.... ati cards only?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

bobby177 wrote:

Nope.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51
Why in the world would you want to OC and 8800GTX. Its the second fastest card out yet..>.<
Ryan

bobby177 wrote:

Nope, you can OC Nvidia with it too
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6560|UK

Nah, it cant distinguish between makes, maybe its optomized for ATI but you basically just turn up the numbers of what the card is set at, in his case 575/1800, he could turn it up to 626/2000.  Wouldnt push a GTX past 630 without some pretty good additional cooling.

Martyn
Barka84
+5|6325|Newcastle UK
geNius
..!.,
+144|6452|SoCal
Ehhh, Nvidia NTune

You get it right from Nvidia's site, and it integrates right into your Nvidia control panel.  I can run mine at 617/2012 for days on end with no problems, but let's be honest here: there's absolutely no need for it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Ryan

Barka84 wrote:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

coolbits reg tweak
Yeah, but then you need to download NVTweak and nTune also.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

Barka84 wrote:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

coolbits reg tweak
Not really......created in 2004?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6452|SoCal
Instead of overclocking, type "game.lockfps 0" in the in-game console.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard