Republican Presidential Nomination

Code:

RCP         Average
Giuliani     28.6%
Thompson     19.2%
McCain       15.4%
Romney        9.6%
Giuliani   +9.4%
Thompson, who is not even an official candidate is leading McCain and Romney.  Should there be a Thompson + Giuliani ticket?

And the reason why I'm not suggesting a Giuliani + Thompson ticket is because Thompson has already stated that he has no aspirations of being a Vice Presidential candidate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Fred_Thompson.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Rudy_Giuliani.jpg/195px-Rudy_Giuliani.jpg Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani

Last edited by Harmor (2007-07-14 21:13:46)

Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Thompson is the most empty suit since Reagan.  and that is probably enough for our retarded electorate.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6639
the republicans are doomed this election.  they might as well choose a can of chicken soup for their candidate.  I dont think jesus could win that election as a republican.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-07-14 21:26:06)

Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I dont think jesus would run as a republican.
theelviscerator
+19|6284

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the republicans are doomed this election.  they might as well choose a can of chicken soup for their candidate.  I dont think jesus could win that election as a republican.
LOL you said that last election too probably.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6639

theelviscerator wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

LOL you said that last election too probably.
I did, youre right. I havent been the same since.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA

Reciprocity wrote:

Thompson is the most empty suit since Reagan.  and that is probably enough for our retarded electorate.
What policies do you disagree on?
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6278|Pennsyltucky

Reciprocity wrote:

Thompson is the most empty suit since Reagan.
Reagan an "empty suity".

Yeah, OK.

How old are you?

Did you ever think you would see the Berlin Wall fall in your lifetime? I know I didn't.

I know, you're probably saying "What wall ?" Since Reagan tore it down before you were even born.

Show a little respect.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
Ron Paul is the last hope for republicans... But he's never gonna win.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
Reagan was amazing.... actually got to meet him...
and it looks like Guilliani will win in 08... maybe Thompson would be cool with being VP?
God help us if Hillary was in the Whitehouse... except for the parties Bill would have when she was out of town... lol
Love is the answer
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6525|Global Command
Fuck them both.
Vote independent.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6525|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

T.Pike wrote:

I know, you're probably saying "What wall ?" Since Reagan tore it down before you were even born.
Yeah mate, because Reagan was single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the Soviet Union and the end of communism.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA

TeamZephyr wrote:

T.Pike wrote:

Yeah mate, because Reagan was single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the Soviet Union and the end of communism.
Reagan told the Soviets to either put up or shut up!! They were so scared Reagan would do something, they bankrupted themselves. . . .

Ronald Reagan was absolutely instrumental in the further destruction of the Soviet Union. . . . Lets put it this way, Jimmy Carter was a fucking joke, and the Soviets knew it!! When Reagan took the helm they knew that they were dealing with a guy who would put his "money where his mouth is". . . .

Reagan was the straw that broke the "Communist camels back" so to speak. . . . . Its proven he was! His legacy will always associate him with being the man who finally ended the Communist stand off etc. PERIOD!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-07-15 00:36:17)

HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6275

T.Pike wrote:

Reagan an "empty suity".

Yeah, OK.

How old are you?

Did you ever think you would see the Berlin Wall fall in your lifetime? I know I didn't.

Show a little respect.
Please, that doddering old fuckbag didn't tear down shit. The USSR fell apart because they couldn't outspend us and because they overextended themselves militarily. Reagan didn't single-handedly defeat them, they defeated themselves. Authoritarian state communism failed. All Reagan did was make a lot of tough noises and happen to be in the fucking White House when the USSR finally choked on its own ambition. A ham sandwich could have been in the Oval Office instead of him and the only difference would have been that the sandwich wouldn't have randomly shit its pants and forget where it was during the whole process of the USSR's collapse.

That said with all the respect I can muster for a lying, conniving, murderous, sack of shit betrayer of both Constitutional principles and his oath of office.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

That said with all the respect I can muster for a lying, conniving, murderous, sack of shit betrayer of both Constitutional principles and his oath of office.
Are you talking about Bill Clinton. . . . .lol?

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-07-15 02:49:09)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6642|Peoria

fadedsteve wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

T.Pike wrote:

Reagan told the Soviets to either put up or shut up!! They were so scared Reagan would do something, they bankrupted themselves. . . .

Ronald Reagan was absolutely instrumental in the further destruction of the Soviet Union. . . . Lets put it this way, Jimmy Carter was a fucking joke, and the Soviets knew it!! When Reagan took the helm they knew that they were dealing with a guy who would put his "money where his mouth is". . . .

Reagan was the straw that broke the "Communist camels back" so to speak. . . . . Its proven he was! His legacy will always associate him with being the man who finally ended the Communist stand off etc. PERIOD!
Which George Bush got to take all the credit for... Talk about getting handed the best presidency ever. Regan's like "Ok Georgie, here is everything all nicely tied up in a bundle with a bow."

Personally, I feel Republicans could do better than a celebrity ticket.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA

fadedsteve wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

T.Pike wrote:

How do you feel knowing Bush pissed away all of Reagan's work with the Russians?

On topic:

No. I know he looks good on Law and Order, but.....no.

And G Man has so much dirty laundry, your a fucking retard if you vote for him. My opinion of course.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA
Both you guys mentioned George Bush. . . .

George H. W. Bush had a great presidency for the most part. . . .he simply ran THE worst campaign against Bill Clinton I have ever seen!! It was almost as if he didnt care to be president anymore.  Safe to say I was perplexed at his actions in 92'. . . He could have smoked Bill if he had any semblance of energy and will to win the election.

George W. Bush is a fucking idiot. . . . .nuff said! Never even close to as talented or intelligent as his father.  Total case of people voted for him cause they liked his father, and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I think the same is going to happen to Hillary Clinton!! She is going to be the first women president, and be a complete disaster. . . . She is going to ride Bill's coat tails just like W. rode daddy's!  She is a fucking total disaster waiting to happen.

side note: The Republicans are fucked for 08' PERIOD. . . .There is no viable candidate that anyone can rally around, and the country essentially is tired of Republicans in general.  Not to say they are thrilled with the Democraps either its just Republicans have been in the White House for 8 years etc. and the general consensus is a change is going to occur.

Personally I couldnt be more mad at George W. for selling out the party, and generally displaying incompetence unseen since Jimmy Carter.  I cant wait till his stupid ass is retired to Crawford, Texas. . . . .

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-07-15 05:36:04)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6658|USA
*Searches for old posts of neo-cons shitting on liberals for their opinion of GW.

Also

*Laughs at irony of neo-cons backtracking the last few weeks.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

*Searches for old posts of neo-cons shitting on liberals for their opinion of GW.

Also

*Laughs at irony of neo-cons backtracking the last few weeks.
I supported George Bush. . . I voted for him twice!!

He lost me with the Immigration Bill. . . . that sealed his fate with me!!  His utter incompetence and stubborness in Iraq is also wearing thin as well!  I agree with trying to fix up Iraq and rid it of one of the worst dictators of our time. . . .but jesus christ man, have an after plan of action once you take out the son of a bitch. . . .

p.s. I havent backtracked one bit on my stances over the last few weeks. . . . prove me wrong!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-07-15 05:39:46)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6620|Birmingham, UK

ATG wrote:

Fuck them both.
Vote independent.
This is the only reply to this topic that has truly made sense.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA

TheDarkRaven wrote:

ATG wrote:

Fuck them both.
Vote independent.
This is the only reply to this topic that has truly made sense.
Fuck the Presidency!! Thats peanuts compared to who really pushes laws!!!

The House(s) of government that need the most house cleaning is the Senate and House of Representatives!!! Senate in particular!! Its time to get rid of the old farts that dont do shit nor give a fuck about the average working American!!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire
I'm so not in the Republican loop at the moment ...Fred Thompson the actor is running for office WTF???
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA

Braddock wrote:

I'm so not in the Republican loop at the moment ...Fred Thompson the actor is running for office WTF???
He has been in the Senate before. . . .

He represented Tennessee as a Republican in the U.S. Senate from 1995 thru 2002.

He has more fucking experience than Obama or Hillary combined. . . .

He may be an actor but so what. . . .since when does acting disqualify you as a candidate?? See Arnold and Reagan for example.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6286|Éire

fadedsteve wrote:

Braddock wrote:

He has been in the Senate before. . . .

He represented Tennessee as a Republican in the U.S. Senate from 1995 thru 2002.

He has more fucking experience than Obama or Hillary combined. . . .

He may be an actor but so what. . . .since when does acting disqualify you as a candidate?? See Arnold and Reagan for example.
I seen all of that on his wikipedia profile, and he has cancer too (non-fatal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma). I wasn't saying he should be ruled out because he's an actor, I was just surprised to see a famous character actor in the Presidential running. I like him as an actor, I'd say he could play a good US President!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard