Oronisi
+4|6447

icecreamgod wrote:

Why would anyone give assault class a hard time? Comeon its a fun class to play, you're in the firefight, you have 3 great guns at your disposal, you are a bullet eating machine, and best of all... you are a killing machine. now I have never once gotten first with an assault or racked up hundreds of points, but hey, I am sitting pretty in the 60s after an 8 minute IO only server and I think its fun. Doesn't anyone else? I mean it takes skill to get multiple kills per death and living in the danger is somewhat exiciting. Sure they got the n00b tube, but hey, snipers got claymores, spec ops got c4, everyone has their own thing.
Because that kit sucks....it does not help out a squad.  No med packs, no repairing, no strategic explosives, no resupplying.  The ONLY thing that kit should have going for it is raw killing power.  You help your squad by killing the enemy.  Problem is, most people can do better with the medic or support or sniper kits.  So Assault is beaten at it's own game.  Hence why it sucks and everyone bashes it.
aj0405
+19|6163

Oronisi wrote:

You help your squad by killing the enemy.  Problem is, most people can do better with the medic or support or sniper kits.  So Assault is beaten at it's own game.  Hence why it sucks and everyone bashes it.
if you ever play on the US server you will see otherwise.
Jamesey
I HATE you
+26|6158|Scotland!

aj0405 wrote:

Oronisi wrote:

You help your squad by killing the enemy.  Problem is, most people can do better with the medic or support or sniper kits.  So Assault is beaten at it's own game.  Hence why it sucks and everyone bashes it.
So on the US server there's awful medics support and snipers?
aj0405
+19|6163

Jamesey wrote:

aj0405 wrote:

Oronisi wrote:

So on the US server there's awful medics support and snipers?
not exactly.however,there's no Karkand so i doubt we'll see you there.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6415|Belgium

Oronisi wrote:

icecreamgod wrote:

Why would anyone give assault class a hard time? Comeon its a fun class to play, you're in the firefight, you have 3 great guns at your disposal, you are a bullet eating machine, and best of all... you are a killing machine. now I have never once gotten first with an assault or racked up hundreds of points, but hey, I am sitting pretty in the 60s after an 8 minute IO only server and I think its fun. Doesn't anyone else? I mean it takes skill to get multiple kills per death and living in the danger is somewhat exiciting. Sure they got the n00b tube, but hey, snipers got claymores, spec ops got c4, everyone has their own thing.
Because that kit sucks....it does not help out a squad.  No med packs, no repairing, no strategic explosives, no resupplying.  The ONLY thing that kit should have going for it is raw killing power.  You help your squad by killing the enemy.  Problem is, most people can do better with the medic or support or sniper kits.  So Assault is beaten at it's own game.  Hence why it sucks and everyone bashes it.
I don't know about you but if I'm medic or support, I tend to focus more on the team aspect of the kit, thus getting me killed often because I'm distracted. If I'm playing assault, I'm fully focused on killing which is why I get better KDRs with this class.

Plus the tube owns.
icecreamgod
+13|6168
yeah the way i see it is, if you kill enough guys, lets say... 20 guys while assault, lets say 7 of those are revived thats 13 tickets down, and 1 ticket is all you need to win. sure you can be support and add to the bullets people use, but in all honesty you need guys with powerful guns that are mobile to use those bullets. and as for medics, i understand how medics are considered the better version of assault, but hey i like the body armor i get as an assault. just me....
Oronisi
+4|6447

icecreamgod wrote:

yeah the way i see it is, if you kill enough guys, lets say... 20 guys while assault, lets say 7 of those are revived thats 13 tickets down, and 1 ticket is all you need to win. sure you can be support and add to the bullets people use, but in all honesty you need guys with powerful guns that are mobile to use those bullets. and as for medics, i understand how medics are considered the better version of assault, but hey i like the body armor i get as an assault. just me....
Ya thats the idea....its just that not many people pull it off well, or better than people can pull off with other kits....most not all.  On top of that, some people just hate getting the tube so they write off the whole kit as cheap or crap.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6145
The moment they nerfed the GL, assault became a poor man's medic with no distinguishing features of its own.

Things assault does better than medic: Body armour
Things medic does better than assault: Too many to list..
dill13
+67|6196

i would probably have allot more complainies on the us server if they didnt nerf it i wish i was here before they did how affective was it it was never as good as the pr one is or was it.
aj0405
+19|6163

dill13 wrote:

i would probably have allot more complainies on the us server if they didnt nerf it i wish i was here before they did how affective was it it was never as good as the pr one is or was it.
way too effective.it didn't bounce,it just exploded as soon as it hit the ground so all you had to do if you ran into someone was jump,fire at your feet,and it was over.the GL user would take little to no damage at all.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6755|Toronto, ON
Assault is the easiest kit to get kills with, I normally get 60 kills in a game if I am assault.  And these aren't high point servers too.
Alpha as fuck.
simmy.uk
+117|6441
If you have 2 equally skilled players who have the same gun, but 1 is medic and the other is assault, they both aim at the same time, the assault guy will always come out on top because of the body armour.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6292|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Mordoc_the_Gorilla wrote:

I suppose the rocket can be good, but id rather see an AT rush at me with a knife than a pop around the corner with a hug ass rocket...but maybe thats just me
But they're so easy to dodge.

Just join in on an AT battle sometimes. You learn to time your jumps just right.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6681|Middle of nowhere

cowami wrote:

I suppose the rocket can be good, but id rather see an AT rush at me with a knife than a pop around the corner with a hug ass rocket...but maybe thats just me

Just join in on an AT battle sometimes. You learn to time your jumps just right.
everytime i try and dodge an AT rocket it still hits me...

fuckin hit-boxes
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6145

simmy.uk wrote:

If you have 2 equally skilled players who have the same gun, but 1 is medic and the other is assault, they both aim at the same time, the assault guy will always come out on top because of the body armour.
Except maybe the assault guy was in a bad position due to poorer endurance, or maybe his GL resulted in him being unable to take the medic out on a roof, or maybe the assault guy was weak from a previous battle whereas the medic had healed himself up

Or maybe the medic & assault guys got a couple of shots off and then the medic had a health kit at his feet, healed himself and killed the assault guy? 

You can spin it either way.  I always prefer medic.

When alone it keeps you alive via self-healing.  When in a squad, it helps keep the revive train going.

P.s. can people please stop saying "when I'm kit x I always get x kills and y deaths per round"?  It's blatantly untrue.  What you really mean is "in the right circumstances on the right map with the right teams, I can get 60 kills on a good night".

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2007-07-13 20:09:06)

aj0405
+19|6163

cowami wrote:

o rly?i've been waitin to use these babies for a long time.

https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2121/screen232gf1.jpg

https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4603/screen233ho8.jpg

https://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1728/screen238zg4.jpg

https://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6079/screen240hd3.jpg

https://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5217/screen243ip1.jpg

https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4386/screen244fn6.jpg

hax tbh.

Last edited by aj0405 (2007-07-13 20:08:12)

golgoj4
+51|6777|North Hollywood
I personally love assault class. Nothing like making that nub spawn-camper go boom with a good shot. True, they contribute nothing, but I think that is assaults strength. Ideally, the medics will revive, the support will resupply, snipers will provide some intel engi fixes stuff, etc. But assaults one purpose is to take point and encounter the enemy.  I would argue that every class there is only there to support the assault class. They are the ones who are going to win the matches because their only concern is carnage, death and destruction. So while the medics heal and the support resupplies, assault is always the one who is locked and loaded. No distraction. Thats a benefit in itself IMO.

Its good they nerfed the nade launcher. Im getting way too good with that damn thing. And its so efficient when dealing with the people that love to shoot while doing a handstand.
golgoj4
+51|6777|North Hollywood

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

Except maybe the assault guy was in a bad position due to poorer endurance, or maybe his GL resulted in him being unable to take the medic out on a roof, or maybe the assault guy was weak from a previous battle whereas the medic had healed himself up

Or maybe the medic & assault guys got a couple of shots off and then the medic had a health kit at his feet, healed himself and killed the assault guy? 

When alone it keeps you alive via self-healing.  When in a squad, it helps keep the revive train going.

P.s. can people please stop saying "when I'm kit x I always get x kills and y deaths per round"?  It's blatantly untrue.  What you really mean is "in the right circumstances on the right map with the right teams, I can get 60 kills on a good night".
this is exactly why I rarely play medic. dont like being in the same class of people that need to constantly 'heal' themselves so they can do better. Chessy as hell. On the plus side, i get a hell of a lot of points because these so called 'medics' only heal themselves, never seem to bother with anyone around them.
victor.uk.
+10|6488|cwmbran
gp-30 grenade launcher ftw
mafropetee
+18|6146|Altamonte Springs, FL
M16A2 (M203) FTW
AK-47 (GP-25) FTW
AK-101 (GP-30) FTW
G3 FTW
F2000 FTW

w00t
David.P
Banned
+649|6277

golgoj4 wrote:

I personally love assault class. Nothing like making that nub spawn-camper go boom with a good shot. True, they contribute nothing, but I think that is assaults strength. Ideally, the medics will revive, the support will resupply, snipers will provide some intel engi fixes stuff, etc. But assaults one purpose is to take point and encounter the enemy.  I would argue that every class there is only there to support the assault class. They are the ones who are going to win the matches because their only concern is carnage, death and destruction. So while the medics heal and the support resupplies, assault is always the one who is locked and loaded. No distraction. Thats a benefit in itself IMO.

Its good they nerfed the nade launcher. Im getting way too good with that damn thing. And its so efficient when dealing with the people that love to shoot while doing a handstand.
So true man so true. Right now on Ghost i was owning with the GP-30 as usual, On upper south i took out 3 guys with one shot! It was awesome nade launcher rocks even with the nerf, And i was playing with this new guy named afkwarrior, What a teamplayer, Always listening to me spawning on me taking out my targets etc, Real good for a newbie.
Moggle
+4|6582|I'm not sure

People use the Eryx bc they relized they cant use a real gun and they have to be pussies about it. If your scared, take out your knife, if its me ill gladly comply with a knife fight. Im not an asshole and shoot you when you charge me.
Actually, I use the Eryx on soldiers at range cause it is all I have.  I'm AT in the first place to kill vehicles/boats/heli's and cause I love the DAO for close combat.  If the eryx is all I have and you are moving slowly of course I'll use it on you... and if you are crazy enough to pull a knife just because someone charges you...I'll happily gun you down - why would I be being an asshole by killing someone on the opposite team? Strange ideas mate.
psH
Banned
+217|6386|Sydney
I don't think ive actually ever seen anybody badmouth the assault class on this forum. Its a good kit, but it gets annoying when you waste a whole M16 clip on an assault'er, when it looks like all the bullets hit hes actually on full health..well body armour ftw i guess.

Last edited by Ashlite (2007-07-13 21:04:08)

Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6145

golgoj4 wrote:

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

this is exactly why I rarely play medic. dont like being in the same class of people that need to constantly 'heal' themselves so they can do better. Chessy as hell. On the plus side, i get a hell of a lot of points because these so called 'medics' only heal themselves, never seem to bother with anyone around them.
Sweeping generalisations ahoy!  Apparently exploiting a kit's value to its fullest is 'cheesy', but it works, so people do it.  Like I said, assault advantages are few and far between -- medics do it all and more.  I don't clan, but I bet clans use almost nothing but medics in IO games because it's the most effective way to get the job done (the job being capturing flags and killing the enemy more than they kill you).  If I'm in a squad and we don't have at least 3 medics out of 6 on city maps (with vehicles), then the squad inevitably sucks or, even if full of good players, doesn't do nearly as well as a squad with 3 or 4 medics.  Tellingly enough, when I play with good infantry players they almost always choose medic.

If people want to play assault then that's fine, but I don't see the point in denigrating other people's choices.  Oh he's playing medic, what a cheesy self-healing point-whore.  The way I see it, if someone wants to play assault and enjoys it, good for them.  Objectively speaking though, medic has far more advantages than the assault kit does.  Whether you decree those advantages unfair, cheesy, lame etc. is neither here nor there. They are advantages nonetheless.  Don't hate the player, hate the game etc.
Djbrown
+129|6499|Adelaide, Aussieland

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Tellingly enough, when I play with good infantry players they almost always choose medic.
no

your basing that off k/d's now arent you. all stat SPM / KDR padders play medic, hence when you see 8+ KDR's you think theyre actually good infantry players. Good infantry players can use all the kits equally as effective, ESPECIALLY assault if they were any good at the game minus the medpacks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard