Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070711/us_ … _WFPcXIr0F

because the guy asked to see their receipt... they said no... it could have ended in 2 seconds if they said..."heres the receipt... see ya"
Now they are suing for 200 million each... sounds reasonable... lol   

I get asked to see my receipt everytime i leave bestbuy etc in one of the wealthiest counties in the US... and i don't give it a second thought... Wait... maybe i have a lawsuit...
discrimination against Irish people that like beer and boobs...     i'm gonna be rich...      lmao
Love is the answer
OmniDeath
~
+726|6643

fucking pathetic. its stories like this that make people prejudice. how often do you hear about some white person suing over something like this? im not racist but people like this (of all races) make me sick.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
That's hilarious.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
Only in America, i'm sure you can sue for anything over there,or is it just state to state it differs?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6387|New York
Wow, playing the race card, when it's not even needed. How classy. Those two dumb cunts need to get hit by a bus.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Idiots, then they wonder why a lot of people have stereotypes about minorities.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6411|Belgium
Wow honestly, I hate people like this who use the term racist to their advantage.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6632|Sin City

Man, I was having a good day until I read that. Now I want to go punch somebody in the face so I feel better. Fucking cunts.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
These kind of suing( i think i just made that word up...not sure ) should not even land in a court...These should be ignored to focus on more important matter....Drugs,Crime etc etc.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6295|Bloomington Indiana

Hurricane wrote:

Idiots, then they wonder why a lot of people have stereotypes about minorities.
yeah, my thoughts exactly.
im very against racism and treating people differently when it comes to color...but seriously folks...crap like this is the reason people have less that awesome views towards others.

dont be an ass and look for easy money
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live
If the store has a policy of having the security guard check the receipts of black customers but not white customers, the store deserves to get mauled in court.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

i was discriminated against, its not pleasant. 200mil might not even put a dent in that emotional harm. Think before you speak.

I know most of you are white.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-07-11 13:10:59)

Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6343|New York
They're just looking for easy money and it's pathetic.  I've been stopped several times by security at Wal-Mart and I didn't throw a fit, the security personnel are just doing their job!
kingofkolt
+17|6223|Boston, MA, USA

san4 wrote:

If the store has a policy of having the security guard check the receipts of black customers but not white customers, the store deserves to get mauled in court.
Agreed. And that's what the article seems to say the store was doing. At first, judging from people's posts, I thought this was a situation where people were playing the race card for no reason but to make money. But now that I've read it, it seems most of the people here just look for an excuse to bash black people.

leesupport wrote:

guess welfare isnt enough these days.
Holy god... go jump off a bridge, please. Jesus...

Last edited by kingofkolt (2007-07-11 13:14:57)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

We Asians have it worse than both blacks and whites. That's why our communities are so tight knit.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-07-11 13:15:52)

{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
I have nothing against any race or colour(for all you mericans)of skin.

The best way for us all the know,if they security camera shows he checked there's and everyone else,then we know the truth or if its the other way round then we know they are fighting for a good cause.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6680|Dayton, Ohio

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Only in America, i'm sure you can sue for anything over there,or is it just state to state it differs?
More like judge to judge and Jury to Jury.  You have to find a Judge that won't throw out the case and a jury that will be simpathetic.  Usually that means going after a big dog and make it sound like you are going to stick it to The Man.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6840

OmniDeath wrote:

fucking pathetic. its stories like this that make people prejudice. how often do you hear about some white person suing over something like this? im not racist but people like this (of all races) make me sick.
you make a good point
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6840

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070711/us_nm/toysrus_suit_dc;_ylt=AnHzYSVRbM116D1vY3_WFPcXIr0F

because the guy asked to see their receipt... they said no... it could have ended in 2 seconds if they said..."heres the receipt... see ya"
Now they are suing for 200 million each... sounds reasonable... lol   

I get asked to see my receipt everytime i leave bestbuy etc in one of the wealthiest counties in the US... and i don't give it a second thought... Wait... maybe i have a lawsuit...
discrimination against Irish people that like beer and boobs...     i'm gonna be rich...      lmao
hehe irish beer....
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North
somehow i imagine that if i was stopped by a black security guard and got treated like shit, i would get laughed at if i tried to sue. and treated like an asshole for abusing the system for "real" cases.... like people who hurt themselves while robbing you and end up sueing you
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

jsnipy wrote:

i was discriminated against, its not pleasant. 200mil might not even put a dent in that emotional harm. Think before you speak.

I know most of you are white.
When I was in school I took a class with about 10 students, including two black women. When we discussed affirmative action and racial discrimination, the two black women talked about how employees routinely followed them around in department stores to make sure they didn't shoplift. It was obvious they were being singled out and it was clear it made them feel like shit. The prof kept mixing up their names and they stopped showing up to class.

Who knows if the store in the OP discriminated against blacks? That's what a trial is for, to find out.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

Archer wrote:

motherfucking KFC hoggers
Hey look.  Another tard with a small mind.  Go you.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North

san4 wrote:

Who knows if the store in the OP discriminated against blacks? That's what a trial is for, to find out.
the problem is it won't matter, they will probably settle once al sharpton and jesse jackson get a hold of it just to get rid of them
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Ah, the race card.

Works great.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6444|Queens, NYC
Race card gets pulled all the time. The worst is the sexist race card. That's what I'm currently trying to get pulled on at work. This female colored supervisor does not know how to work, no people skills whatsoever and constantly yells at my coworker who is from Afghanistan. My manager keeps her because he's scared something might get triggered. I just can't stand people who abuse their "rights".

Back on topic, if the store did discriminate then shame on them. But there's still no need to sue for 200 million. That's overdoing it. I haven't been in a Toys R Us since I was 13 or 14, so I don't know how the policy is now. And yeah, doing this just makes your whole people look bad as a whole. As I learned, it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard