Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6456|The edge of sanity
alright ive been using FL Studio 7 for a while know but i wanna know how to make the beats a full song instead of 2 second clips
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA
Do you know how to use the playlist?  It's been a while since I've messed around with FLs but you create your little beats and then paste them into the playlist organizer thing... this is going to be terribly hard to explain, lemme see if I can dig up some pictures..

http://xltronic.com/media/images/attach … 626906.jpg

you click on that thing, and then create your different beats and what have you and mix them together.

Do you know how to use the piano roll and stuff like that?

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-07-10 23:31:54)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6637|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Mmm fruity loops, not used that for over a year now!
georgewmugabe
+1|6161
Havn't used 7 but I asume its the same format as older versions.  First thing you need to do is build a few patterns / loops.  In the tool bar at the top there should be a box labeled pattern.  Make sure its set on number 1 (you dont have to start at 1, it will just be easier to explain if you do).
By the sound of it you all ready know how to make a drum pattern on the step sequencer (that thing with the buttons labeled kick, snare hihat ect) so make a pattern with just drum sounds (boom tish boom tish).  Now go back to the pattern box thing and set it to 2.  Open a bass sound out of the browser and you should have a channel for it on the step sequencer.  Right click on the bass sound you just opened and "send to piano roll".
Make a melody.  NOW click on playlist (PL in the toolbar) and draw in to fill the first 8 boxes of the pattern 1 lane.  In pattern 2's lane start at 5 and fill to 8.  Make sure the song light is highlighted in the main transport (the box with play stop rec and tempo) and hit play.  You should have a "song" that starts with just a drum pattern and then a bassline kicks in after 4 loops.  enjoy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard