l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6838|Dundas, ONT, Canada
Discuss

BTW Ive seen Russian movie. It called "9 platoon" And have to say from all of guys who where in that platoon only one survived.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
USA won. Get over it.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6456|The edge of sanity
dude thats shit from jarhead which shows the bad side of gulf war. Ur trying to make russia look better
Commie Killer
+192|6387
Im guessing this is a joke? Or are you seriously suggesting the the USSR is better then the US?
fitz8402
+10|6611|The Halls of Montezuma
WTF was that crap fest.  What are a couple clips from B movies supposed to prove.  The US is still around, the USSR isnt.  Sounds like 1-0 USA to me.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
That's the stupidest movie I have ever seen in my life. Most of those scenes were out of context and they were movies ffs! Not real life. будьте тихи.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-07-09 23:22:58)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

I'm highly confused with how two movies depict real life training from these countries. You ever seen an actual Russian training battle? With real bullets and real 'crack that dude in the face with ur rifle butt', I doubt it would be considered the best approach. This is like me saying Sylvester Stalone owned hudreds of Russians in real life (Rambo III).

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-09 23:39:35)

elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6338|EsSeX
cheers for showing me that film and its called 9th Rota (9th company)
http://www.russiablog.org/2006/09/9_rot … o_acad.php
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417397/
Smitty5613
+46|6527|Middle of nowhere, California
FIELD FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
jamiecracker
+17|6748|Wollongong,Australia
that was the worst movie i have ever seen..i want those minutes of my life back

i dont think whoever made that crap has any idea

i want to see the russian movie 9th rota now
l=l-Oneill-l=l
First off I just found that movie on youtube, followed some Forgotten Hope 2 videos. I'm pretty sure some one made it as a joke. Stop flaming at me.
I'm not  going to wrestle here who was the most powerfully in the world, but consider this before fall of USSR every male at age 18 had to serve in the army. Given size of the country and its population the size of armed forces. Ground war would of been won sheerly by numbers.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

jamiecracker wrote:

Unfortunately this movie available  only on Russian. So if you can understand I'm sure you can download it from some where
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6663|Groningen, The Netherlands

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

jamiecracker wrote:

Unfortunately this movie available  only on Russian. So if you can understand I'm sure you can download it from some where
Really, thats kinda weird.....and it makes sense
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

First off I just found that movie on youtube, followed some Forgotten Hope 2 videos. I'm pretty sure some one made it as a joke. Stop flaming at me.
I'm not  going to wrestle here who was the most powerfully in the world, but consider this before fall of USSR every male at age 18 had to serve in the army. Given size of the country and its population the size of armed forces. Ground war would of been won sheerly by numbers.
America has a greater population than Russia.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
l=l-Oneill-l=l

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Don't forget U.S.S.R. was not Russia by itself. It had 14 other republics so POPULATION of Soviet Union was much greater than USA's. Plus service in US forces is voluntary.
Smitty5613

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

no, we had more nukes
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Don't forget U.S.S.R. was not Russia by itself. It had 14 other republics so POPULATION of Soviet Union was much greater than USA's. Plus service in US forces is voluntary.
Draft. US is much better equipped. Technology, quality of training and equipment overcomes numbers.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

Smitty5613 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

no, we had more nukes
I was talking about ground war. Think Armored Assault. Either side would never use Nukes. No I take that back, Russkies crazy enough to do it.
l=l-Oneill-l=l

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Draft. US is much better equipped. Technology, quality of training and equipment overcomes numbers.
By the time US would draft enough people to fight it would of been to late. You know about US training but I'll bet you know nothing about training of Soviet soldiers. For example did you know that army training was thought in schools? So by the time young man would get into a army he would had a basic knowledge.
l=l-Oneill-l=l
here is some thing from the movie, I knew some of the guys who came back from there and the said that that movie right on the money.

Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6176|sverige
no, we had more nukes
maybe, but you both had more than enough to destroy all living life on earth and still can.
Smitty5613

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

no, we had more nukes
I was talking about ground war. Think Armored Assault. Either side would never use Nukes. No I take that back, Russkies crazy enough to do it.
idk, i think the US had better techknowlogy, and a better string of command.... the Russains would have been afraid to do anything that they werent ordered to do, much like the Nazis in WW2...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

no, we had more nukes
That was one of the scenarios for starting a nuclear war, Russia would send out its massive tank assaults, US would use tactical nukes to destroy them as it was the only effective way, Russia responds yadda yadda yadda, gets a bit nippy .

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-10 02:02:20)

ChrisHXZS
+4|6633|England
OK how do i put it Cyborg your a bit dumb wait no thats an understatement your really dumb.
Smithy i think it is well in actual fact having more nukes makes no difference. At the time Russia had roughly 300 nukes and the US had 5000 or so but 300 maybe more but it is enough to destroy everything therefore having more nukes means nothing.
The US at the time maybe more technically advanced but look at Vietnam technology meant nothing.
The US got buttraped in Vietnam. Yeh you can say we killed loads but the war was not about numbers and therefore meant that North Vietnam won.
Shere numbres may not have won the day either as there are more factors that need to be accounted for.
Therefore in actual fact neither of the sides would have won but may have ended in nuclear armageddon.
a55inatorsbiatch
+0|6137
no, we had more nukes
wrong again, USSR always had more nukes than USA, in fact there were more nukes stationed in Ukraine than USA had total.

But like it has been said before its irrelevant, because nobody would ever win, total annihilation was only outcome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard