kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
Unfortunately, I recently learned that I suffer from light chronic insomnia. Do any of you suffer from insomnia as well? I find myself:

- Unable to sleep sound through the night;
- Impossible to get to sleep immediately;
- Feeling very tired during the day;
- Frequent headaches.

Sucks, but I am sort of used to it. Any of you in the same position?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I used to, actually. Just a mild case of it though. I used to just lie awake for hours before getting to sleep most nights. Then I'd end up with a headache in the morning.

It seems to have cured itself now, I sleep like a log every night.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.
I have not slept since friday morning so yes.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

mikeyb118 wrote:

Damn, that's a long time without sleep.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.

liquidat0r wrote:

mikeyb118 wrote:

Damn, that's a long time without sleep.
Including night work = $$$
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6314|New York
I used to suffer from insomnia myself.  I found that avoiding caffeine before bed, getting on a regular sleep pattern, and using a fan for white noise really helped me alot.  Of course the medical professionals I consulted wanted to pump me full of drugs but I was not about to be a pill popper.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.

Villain{NY} wrote:

I used to suffer from insomnia myself.  I found that avoiding caffeine before bed, getting on a regular sleep pattern, and using a fan for white noise really helped me alot.  Of course the medical professionals I consulted wanted to pump me full of drugs but I was not about to be a pill popper.
Pills do tend to hang-over, I remember when I was at college; my maths teacher was boring enough I didn't need the remaining sedative effect.

Last edited by mikeyb118 (2007-07-08 15:55:40)

Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

I guess I could be considered and insomniac.
I have trouble getting to sleep on some nights, and I do wake up sometimes in the middle of the night.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6568|S.C.
It's a shame that EU/UK PR servers don't remain populated throughout the night.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

That's not insomnia, leetkyle, it's just BF2s overusage, nkown as Bftwosia. Go off the forums for a week and you'll be allright.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

I usually go to sleep at 3-4am. Do I need to say more?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6135

leetkyle wrote:

Unfortunately, I recently learned that I suffer from light chronic insomnia. Do any of you suffer from insomnia as well? I find myself:

- Frequent headaches.

Sucks, but I am sort of used to it. Any of you in the same position?
I'm in this same position, every day a horrible headache and last night I slept about 4 hours.

Insomnia it is
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I have narcolepsy.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6266|Bloomington Indiana
oh lord yes....its pretty much bad news.
i go 70+ hours without sleep sometimes just because i cannot fall asleep. then i pass out for a looooooooong time. headaches all the time...yeah..its not a good thing while having a job and going to school.
Larkin
Banned
+22|6486|West Yorkshire, England
I normally go to sleep at 4/5am then wake up at 9/10AM then go to sleep that night at 9PM wake up at 4PM...rinse repeat.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6628|South West England

leetkyle wrote:

- Frequent headaches.
Yes to all of the above
DankmanHightimes
+24|6470|atlanta GA
i did and the doc wrote me an Rx for a shit load of Xanax and sleeping pills.

i trashed the sleeping pill
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6430
Everything you typed I have.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Cryle you need lunesta ASAP or you might go berserk as we prophesied in IRC.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6280|South Jersey
you've probably already tried this, but for me, a healthy dosage of jacking off right before bed knocks me out like a baby. a few beers does nicely, as does a few hits of mary jane. if you're feelin really lucky, try a combination of all three. might not get that far into it before passing out though.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

mcjagdflieger wrote:

you've probably already tried this, but for me, a healthy dosage of jacking off right before bed knocks me out like a baby. a few beers does nicely, as does a few hits of mary jane. if you're feelin really lucky, try a combination of all three. might not get that far into it before passing out though.
Beer is good - it's a depressant.

Mary Jane (assuming you mean marijuana) is not so good - it can cause insomnia.

Jacking off... hmm... guess that could work... like actually having sex (maybe with someone called Mary Jane)...

Anyhoo... to answer the OPs question - sometimes, yes...

Oh, and you should go see your GP, get them to refer you to a Sleep Clinic - they'll be able to figure out what's wrong with you and (hopefully) fix it...

Oh, and as others have said - don't go down the medication route - sleeping pills are not a good thing.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Yep, had it all my life. Cutting down caffiene didn't help me much, but I've been working out for the past year or so and that's helped a lot. The other thing that helped was keeping the temperature down at night and cranking up a fan. People tend to sleep a little better when they're cooler.
d.cripz
+29|6379
Most people probly do suffer from what you've listed just in various degrees. I find that i have trouble if I dont do anything during the day. Basically as long as i go out and do something away from my house then i get to sleep fine.
link52787
+29|6491
I have insomnia but I am not tired during the day.  I just sleep later at night.  I sleep around 3 or 4 in the morning.  I wake up about 9 am.  Just intime to go to work.
PASSUBY
+30|6602|Louisiana
I go to work @ 5:00 A.M and the ONLY way I could get to bed early was take Lunesta....THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS SAVED ME....Im good to go after AT LEAST 6-7 Hrs sleep...Non addictive too...Wake up feeling good in the mornings...(Take your vitamins too...I take tham along with Whey Protein).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard