V1king
+10|6155|Land of crocs and cane toads
I asked someone not so long ago why the world is fighting wars and to give a simple answer.   It astounded me when she said  "BORDERS".  Great answer that not even myself would have come up with so quickly.

When I now think about it, borders are everywhere.  Countries, states, suburbs and even your back fence.  A divide that creates divide?

What do you think?
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
Its the correct answer, IMHO. If everyone belonged to a single country then there would be no need for war because people would all be equals. There would be no shortages because there would be no excess (take us here in the U.S. we can have anything we want any time of the day...excess to the maxxxxx) so there would be no conflict over food or water. Oil would no longer be an issue as there would be no country that others would hate. This would of course require everyone to view everyone else as an equal...which will never happen because were fucking human. No im going to go back to hating people (Including but not limited to; French, Germans, Brits who think they are better then everyone else, religious nuts and fat people)...because Im human and i can!
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6358|CA, USA

Pernicious544 wrote:

Its the correct answer, IMHO. If everyone belonged to a single country then there would be no need for war because people would all be equals. There would be no shortages because there would be no excess (take us here in the U.S. we can have anything we want any time of the day...excess to the maxxxxx) so there would be no conflict over food or water. Oil would no longer be an issue as there would be no country that others would hate. This would of course require everyone to view everyone else as an equal...which will never happen because were fucking human. No im going to go back to hating people (Including but not limited to; French, Germans, Brits who think they are better then everyone else, religious nuts and fat people)...because Im human and i can!
This assumes that the one-world country would be the USA.  Consider how it would be different if it were a one world country called Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.  now that would be a nightmare.   i'm sure that the have-nots would plunder the haves at the formation of the one-world state and distribute the resources so that essentially we'd all be 'have-nots'.  depends upon whether you are a have or have-not really.

on the border issue, the haves (ones within the border) stand to lose alot due to the have-nots (illegal immigrants) in terms of nickle and diming.  right now, we pay x% in taxes.  if border security remains as unchecked as it is today, then this will end up being >x% in following years when it needn't be the case.  i plain and simple don't want to pay for people that shouldn't be here.  i'm a terrible person.  whatever. 

i keep wondering why these other countries really have it so bad in the first place.  why are they leaving like rats from a sinking ship in some cases?  i guess the spirit of the OP was that if it was one country/world, we could more easily address those problems directly instead of what we have now (World declares there is a problem, UN puts pressure on country, UN says 'stop or i shall say stop again', US goes in and tries to fix the situation and the world yells at the US).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard