polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

I got my Valorous Unit Ribbon and Legion of Merit Ribbon:

- Not in Karkand. Kubra Dam
- Not Heli/Jet/Tank whoring. I took whatever I got my hands on or walked.
- With minimal intention. I played my game, shot people, took flags, bombed assets.

I'm so proud of myself.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6718|Debris From Space
Well done.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6756
i made both recently as well... on karkand
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6749|06-01
congrats,
don't have those yet..........

sorry i don't sound terribly excited....... have been going for those ribbons but always fall a few points short.

ok ok, shall stop being so self absorbed...

Congrats dude!!!

p.s. ya wanna help me in getting mine???? lol

Last edited by tthf (2005-12-20 21:22:53)

US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
gj guys..i havent played in a week or so now.. took over the clan im for a buddy (CSS clan) that should explain that. so i forgot the glory of winnen shit
Tarasque
+0|6710|Norway
Not to rain on your parade but uh not really like climbing everest. Challenge is the time req, but hey congrats
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

No challenge is NOT getting it in karkand. I was resisting just playing medic in karkand for the quick 50 points. Or just vehicle wh0re for it. But nope, I got it the way the game was to be played

Haha tthf just get on a chopper and fly me around let me long range tv everything in sight, you'll have the 50 points in no time

Or alternatively you can ride in my jet which makes it so much faster.

But i've got a preference for fighters. Unless you get assists riding on the wing

Last edited by polarbearz (2005-12-21 01:00:17)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6749|06-01
kills don't count but kill assists count don't they?????
Dr_3V|L
+51|6717|Twente, The Netherlands
They do, they will count towards your team points in the round.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6749|06-01
then me wonders why i haven't gotten it already......hmmmm
maybe too many TKs or TDs.......damn
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6798|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Congrats polarbearz!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

Thanks Darth!

Anyways. Anyone noticed the new 'Can't create squad' bug gettting more rampant? I'm seeing this on more and more servers already.

I would've taken my meritorious ribbon along with the other 2, but there were ZERO squads ingame.

Pfft.
Tarasque
+0|6710|Norway

polarbearz wrote:

Thanks Darth!

Anyways. Anyone noticed the new 'Can't create squad' bug gettting more rampant? I'm seeing this on more and more servers already.

I would've taken my meritorious ribbon along with the other 2, but there were ZERO squads ingame.

Pfft.
wtf its a common thing, cause its been peewing me off!?
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6719|Germany

polarbearz wrote:

Are u sure that it is a bug? I've been on a server where the server rules said "No commanders or squads" and these options were disabled. I think its somehow the same as it is on servers where you can not start a voting against commanders.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6717|Twente, The Netherlands
It ísn't a bug, server admins can change these settings in the server rules. They can disable squads, or even commander.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6764
I made both on Iron Gator in SF
xaven
+25|6725|Berlin
i didnt pay attention to it, some awards need to go for it, but those dont...

50 team points isnt that hard, go for medic and/or support in a 32 ranked and go getting flags with your squad.

but congrats, well done...
Nubarus
+0|6753

polarbearz wrote:

Or just vehicle wh0re for it. But nope, I got it the way the game was to be played

Haha tthf just get on a chopper and fly me around let me long range tv everything in sight, you'll have the 50 points in no time

I don't see how you can score 50+ team points by using a helicopter, tank or jet.

If you ask me it much harder to get 50+ team points by using them since capping flags in vehicles is stupid.
You deliver your ass to the enemy on a silver platter.

With the latest patch the only way to get 50 team points in let's say a blackhawk is if the gunners get's 50 kills while you fly it so you have 50 kill assists.
1234BGD
+1|6741
I can now say I am also proud of myself. I got better, so much better that I myself noticed I improved. Finally got my K/D above 1, slowly increasing my W/L ratio and SPM... got so many veteran badges in pure war situations. I am so excited when I get something I did not expect... I shout an equivalent of "Go Tiger Go", which is in my language "To Lave" [pronounced Toe Lovei] and literally stands for Go Lion... and it is something from a very popular beer commerical... anyways.... got so better that only thing I hope for is to learn to fly jets. tried few times in single player - but  no way.. kept crushing all the time....

However, got my skill on taking down helicopters with tanks and apc but also shooting other helicopters with TV guided missiles... headshots and traps - I love BF2 it is great!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6780|Singapore

Nubarus wrote:

I don't see how you can score 50+ team points by using a helicopter, tank or jet.

If you ask me it much harder to get 50+ team points by using them since capping flags in vehicles is stupid.

With the latest patch the only way to get 50 team points in let's say a blackhawk is if the gunners get's 50 kills while you fly it so you have 50 kill assists.
Looks like you haven't seen me wh0re mashtuur in a blackhawk before? Or kubra dam chopper? with a decent gunner 50 team points is NOTHING.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6749|06-01
YES! Valorous Unit Ribbon! Missed out on Legion of Merit though..... 49 teampoints..... damn... lol....
pretty decent day today, medic whored..... got a lot of sight seeing done in the backseat of polarbearz's bomber as well...
OneThursday
+0|6726|Long Island

polarbearz wrote:

No challenge is NOT getting it in karkand. I was resisting just playing medic in karkand for the quick 50 points. Or just vehicle wh0re for it. But nope, I got it the way the game was to be played

But i've got a preference for fighters. Unless you get assists riding on the wing
so theres a certain way to play games now? Okay ill make a mental note of that. "dont play karkand, use armor got it!"
KnifeWhore
+1|6745|USA
thats cool man i got em done now for the killer war college
Nubarus
+0|6753

polarbearz wrote:

Nubarus wrote:

Looks like you haven't seen me wh0re mashtuur in a blackhawk before? Or kubra dam chopper? with a decent gunner 50 team points is NOTHING.
That says more about the other team if you ask me.
I can't even remember how many choppers I shot down in this game. (Or strip them of their crew and let it fall down like an empty husk for that matter)

And it's going to be even easier when the next patch is released where the choppers and planes loose their pretty unrealistic (even compared to the other vehicles in this game) armor.

I have even hit a JFS once with a 125mm round and it still continued to fly so I was very happy to read that this will be addressed in the next patch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard