BootsJD
+10|6228
Hey guys, I was playing on SF Last night and was getting pissed at this guy TKing me all the time. My brother was on the same server and the same Side as me and he said that It didn't show him that i was getting TK'd so Finally I realized there was some sort of glitch happening. One of the members from the other team was lighting up with a Blue tag on his name, and I would just ignore him thinking it was a Team M8 and he would kill me, then I realized I was British and he was Inserg but showing blue. My brother did not see this he looked red to him and it was the only person on this server that was doing that to me. Then I started to kill him when I saw him and t started saying I TKd him. I started freaking on Vent saying WTF to my bro and he said he still could not see the message.

We also could not create a Squad ( Which I had seen happen before ) however there was on squad already created , but either me or my bro could join that squad or create our own. With that being said after all this was happening I decided to try to make a squad and see if it would work yet. I noticed 2 Squads and said that's BS why cant we make a new squad and now someone else did ( Meaning there was 2 Squads Showing there ) He check he was like What are you one man there is only one squad showing. I was like DUDE I am looking at 2 fucking squads right now. I expanded the view and sure enough it was that dude on the other team That I am speaking of. Also when I was checking scores I was 3rd for Brit the I noticed I was tied with 3 people and on was the guy from the Insurgs ?? I'm going to post the Screen shots and see if anyone has ever seen or heard of this before.

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x265/BootsJD/screen059.jpg

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x265/BootsJD/screen060.jpg

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x265/BootsJD/screen061.jpg

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x265/BootsJD/screen063.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

Wrong section.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

This is the nefarious red-name bug. It's been around for a long, long time in all of the delicious flavors of BF2. It's pretty uncommon and there's not much you can do about it except find another server.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6196
yes it is a bug..ive seen it a few times as well. Nothing to worry about...it rarely happens.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6767|Chicago.
The nametag bug was not entirely fixed in 1.41. It still happens from time to time. Re-load on the server and you'll be fine.

And moved (in case anybody else has anything to say).
h2ostg2
+4|6623|winston salem,nc
some times when the round is over and you start a new round you get stuck in a squad. if you look at your screenshot of the map with a squad 3 you will notice you dont see a squad 3 anywhere on the map.  its a glitch that just happens sometimes. you have two choices either restart your game or wait until round is over it will fix itself alot of times.  the only problem with staying in the game is the server recognizes you as  a lonewolf and may autobalance you to the other side still leaving you locked in a fake squad.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

I rarely come across this bug, but when I have done, Ive noticed that the rank of the player is ALWAYS, without fail, a Private.
I've never seen any other rank "posing" with the redname tag issue.

Ive even had it on Smoke Screen where they appeared on my teams scoreboard, they never shot at me but I could actually lock onto his jet and fire missiles at him (some of which did actually kill him, some just slammed into the jet and did nothing). And it would always appear as a tk.

Imagine if they had this bug in CS. That would be hilarious at round start

Last edited by Snake (2007-07-07 12:57:06)

kajukenbo_kid
+36|6432|...
I saw this lastnight, its not the red name tag though, its blue and it's annoying, when you kill him it will say you tk'ed him.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6803|Bulgaria
the no-squad bug is known and I hate it!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard