Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6548|San Diego, CA, USA
There is chatter that is warning that the United States may break up into separate countries.  There are even some states like Vermont that want to succeed from the Union (16% want to leave).

If the United States did break up into several different countries, what's the fallout?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US
???
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Oh, you're serious?
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6295|Bloomington Indiana
umm..i havent heard anything about this...
links?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
never gonna happen...the states are too stuck on the lactating nipple that is the federal government (and the money)...maybe Cali.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

the world would freeze, aliens would come down from the sky, the universe would literally turn inside out...
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6548|San Diego, CA, USA

Schwarzelungen wrote:

links?
Some Vermont Residents Want to Secede From U.S.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6485|UK
we live in hope
chittydog
less busy

The only one stupid enough to even consider it might be Texas. The "native" Texans consider themselves Texans first and Americans second. But that's still a 1:100,000,000 chance.

You would have gotten a better response if you'd just asked what would happen if the country split, without making some ridiculous claim about it actually being a possiblity.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6482|P-way, NJ
Then move out of the country.
chittydog
less busy

Harmor wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

links?
A few weirdos in the mountains of Vermont don't make a credible source for the whole country breaking apart.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6452|Ontario, Canada
This would never happen, ever. It's physically impossible.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD

Harmor wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

links?
Yeah I saw that too.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6295|Bloomington Indiana

Harmor wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

links?
thanks for the linky

if it happened...id be realy surprised. the president would never allow it
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6583|U.S.A
Ummm....... Vermont... enough said.
howler_27
+90|6686
What would happen? Perhaps better government spending,  programs, and control or current situations run amuck.  Who knows really, but would it be for the better of the world...doubt it.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA
It would make sense.  I've been thinking about this for a while, some states differ so radically in thinking it only makes sense to split the states into smaller -- more easily governed countries.  I think it'd be neat anyway.

And if not small countries than split it up into provinces or something.  I just don't like the way things are set up now.. it doesn't fit well anymore
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6545
LOL! FOX News... LOL! Vermont...
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Oh no, i'm not learning 50 fucking new countries and capital cities. You stay together now.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Harmor wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

links?
I would imagine Vermont's population would be cut by 87 percent as it crashed and burned.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CommieChipmunk
+488|6569|Portland, OR, USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh no, i'm not learning 50 fucking new countries and capital cities. You stay together now.
Lol! it'd be stupid to split into 50 countries.  We would be much more efficient (and much less imperialistic) if we split into five or six separate provinces (but all still maintained a relationship through a type of "American Union" or something).  I think it'd be a sweet idea.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
LOL. The USSR didn't split up into lots of different countries. It split up into Russia and all of the countries that existed before the USSR came into existence. The analogy is woefully poor.

I take it you meant 'secede' when you said 'succeed' by the way...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-05 15:34:58)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
Well, then there would be Mexifornia, Florivana, Jew York, Blowsianna, Nutah and some more maybe.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-07-05 15:52:50)

Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL. The USSR didn't split up into lots of different countries. It split up into Russia and all of the countries that existed before the USSR came into existence
Gotta disagree here , most of ex-USSR countryes were Russia's parts from XVI-XIX senturies ... Soviet administration made them sami-autonomic republics .  Actually , USSR teritory was almost similar to monarchy Russia's  .

Last edited by Longbow (2007-07-05 15:56:02)

amak1131
+4|6161
Well, I can tell you right now: California, New Mexico and Arizona would merge with Mexico to form....idk, La República de México?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard