FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum

leetkyle wrote:

just wondering.. why do (most of) you swear? are you trying to voice something or what not?

fuck off kylie
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6506|N. Ireland

Larkin wrote:

brickZ28 wrote:

This about sums it up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMp-zkTE4Ng
Haha nice find.
.. it really, really isn't.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6643|Washington, DC

leetkyle wrote:

Larkin wrote:

brickZ28 wrote:

This about sums it up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMp-zkTE4Ng
Haha nice find.
.. it really, really isn't.
What the fuck went up your ass?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6697|United States of America

Parker wrote:

i buy anything with fuckin!
Will you now?

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5569025972955988971[/google]
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6777|Dallas

leetkyle wrote:

just wondering.. why do (most of) you swear? are you trying to voice something or what not?

Go fuck yourself and your shitty questions.

Jackass.
Ryan
+1,230|6856|Alberta, Canada

Cougar wrote:

leetkyle wrote:

Go fuck yourself and your shitty questions.

Jackass.
Fuck Cunt nozzle.

Last edited by Ryan (2007-07-05 16:04:19)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6532|Adelaide, South Australia

My sig is my opinion.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6584|USA
swear words shouldn't be considered absolute trash. in some cases, they're the best words for the job. you shouldn't use them to talk to people ("fuck you asshole") but rather to describe the nitty gritty situations ("then the damned bear came out of the woods and i shot it," or "then that bitch tried to kill me!"). in that context sometimes a swear can work best and at the same time not sound so forbidden. they should not, however, be mixed with everyday conversation. then it just makes you sound trashy.
Ratzinger
+43|6405|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
An Australian university lecturer once asked a class why they (Australians) swore, and a class member said that while it didn't alter the information in the statement, it made it a bloody sight more emphatic.

Does that help?
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6315
I do it because it helps calm my bowels down.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6210|Winland

In the medival times, you could get more attention from screaming "VAGINAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! (Buy me' stuff) SEXUAL INTERFEARANCEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! (Buy me' stuff) ANUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! (Buy me' stuff) VIRGIN MARY'S NO VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!1111111111 BUY MY GOD DARNED STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Than "Buy me' stuff"
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6493|Somewhere else

What really on my mind is, why does tourrettes syndrome involve uncontrollable swearing? 

Why can't people be stuck saying things like "LOVELY DAY ISN"T IT?!"  "YOU LOOK NICE TODAY?!" "HOW ABOUT THOSE METS!?"

But, as for me, its an emphasis really.  "What are you doing?"  Implies curiousity and and a desire to understand the situation.  "What the FUCK are you doing?" Implies that the person in question is, in your belief, quite possibly mentally retarded, and it implies that something they are doing is obviously amiss and being conducted improperly and in a manner that they should know better. 

By adding fuck to the example sentence, the word FUCK changes the entire sentence and conveys to the person in question all the thoughts the speaker is having, which I have just described above.

Since cuss words are taboo a bit in public places, dropping a cuss word can show that something is important, or needs notice.  Unfortunately, cuss words lose thier flavor eveytime I see a 14 year old kid use cuss words like its something impressive that only he knows how to properly use.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6568
In Ireland it's part of everyday language, much more so than elsewhere (which some tourists find strange), but generally they're used for emphasis.
Hurricane
Banned

RoosterCantrell wrote:

What really on my mind is, why does tourrettes syndrome involve uncontrollable swearing? 

Why can't people be stuck saying things like "LOVELY DAY ISN"T IT?!"  "YOU LOOK NICE TODAY?!" "HOW ABOUT THOSE METS!?"

But, as for me, its an emphasis really.  "What are you doing?"  Implies curiousity and and a desire to understand the situation.  "What the FUCK are you doing?" Implies that the person in question is, in your belief, quite possibly mentally retarded, and it implies that something they are doing is obviously amiss and being conducted improperly and in a manner that they should know better. 

By adding fuck to the example sentence, the word FUCK changes the entire sentence and conveys to the person in question all the thoughts the speaker is having, which I have just described above.

Since cuss words are taboo a bit in public places, dropping a cuss word can show that something is important, or needs notice.  Unfortunately, cuss words lose thier flavor eveytime I see a 14 year old kid use cuss words like its something impressive that only he knows how to properly use.
Maybe tourettes like, taps in to the part of the mind that has words associated as bad. So what happens if a guy who has never heard a swear word, or thinks that swear words are just as usual as "hello" or "haxtbh"????
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6704|Devon, England

Hurricane wrote:

Sentence enhancers.
Well said.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6435|My room

Hurricane wrote:

Sentence enhancers.
^^lol Spongebob.

As for me, I barely ever curse. I only do it when I'm seriously angry. Other than that...substitutes ftw!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6722|Charlie One Alpha
I swear because it relieves me if I'm angry. I'm perfectly capable of behaving myself, but when I'm around friends, the swearcannons fire nonstop. It just feels better to say "yeah, it was fucking awesome," than "it was cool."

Also, if something pisses me off, I actually feel better after saying, "That fucking piece of shit exam was a royal cunt."

Also: infantry. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2007-07-05 16:21:19)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6695|The Lou
Hey, did you guys ever see that soft guy on survivor that got voted off for being so soft? i bet if he used the word fuck instead of frig as a sentance enhancer, he would have got to stay...
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6272|B.C. Canada
cause I fucking love to you fucking mangina!
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6382|Calgary, Canada

Kurazoo wrote:

I fucking hate swearing, you should line all the fuckers up in a line who swear and shoot the shit outta them.
lmao

force of habit.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6401|USA, MICHIGAN
i didn't cuss that much before i went into the Marine Corps, but they totally fucked up my vocabulary, fucking JARHEADS!!!! hahahaha
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6668|Brisbane, Australia

To Australians swearing is a second language.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6452|King Of The Islands

Hurricane wrote:

Sentence enhancers.
*Foghorn* YEAH!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Hurricane
Banned

Cartman: I think I know the answer Mr. Garrison!
Kyle: Nananananna
Cartman: Shut up you fucking jew!
Garrison: Eric, did you just say the F word?!
Cartman: ...Jew?
Kyle: He's talking about fuck. You can't say fuck in school ya fuckin fatass.
Garrison: Kyle!
Cartman: Why the fuck not?
Garrison: Eric!
Stan: Dude you said fuck again!
Garrison: Stanley!
Kenny: Mmph!
Garrison: Kenny!
Cartman: Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck fuck
Garrison: How would you like to see the school counselor?
Cartman: How would you like to suck my balls?
Garrison: WHAT DID YOU SAY?
Cartman: Oh I'm sorry, what I meant to say was, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS, MR. GARRISON?
Kyle: Holy shit dude...
icecold2510
+31|6306
Because it fucking feels so fucking good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard