Larkin
Banned
+22|6516|West Yorkshire, England
I did a quick search and this dosn't seem to have been posted before so, watch this!

Rednecks ftw!

Richard Hammond laying a brick while driving a Pick-up...too funny.

EDIT: I've added the Limo one as well.

Embedding won't work so follow the link.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc … ;plindex=7

Last edited by Larkin (2007-07-05 03:37:33)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
This was posted up before, I think. Still very funny though, I have the entire episode on my computer!
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6771|Rotherham, England
Also on UKTV G2 this weekend I think. Sky Plus @ the ready

Last edited by pedigreeuk (2007-07-05 02:26:00)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I was lolling so hard "Hilary For President".

If I were them, I woulda wrote "Allow gay marriage!" "I love men!" "Jesus is a gay black man!" "I love Africans!" "KKK = [rainbow]" on the other people's cars.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
Awh, I saw this before, so much fun!

''I do believe that in some parts of America, people have started to mate with vegetables..'' rofl

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-05 02:35:54)

Larkin
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

I was lolling so hard "Hilary For President".

If I were them, I woulda wrote "Allow gay marriage!" "I love men!" "Jesus is a gay black man!" "I love Africans!" "KKK = [rainbow]" on the other people's cars.
I agree, they could have gone a bit more overboard with their slogans...but maybe they would have been shot if they did.

Best bit is when the woman comes outa the gas station and Hammond is trying to talk his way out of trouble.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6575
Lol " people have started to mate with vegetables" .
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6700|MoVal So-Cal
Damn, the south is an embarrassment.

Last edited by Pernicious544 (2007-07-05 02:42:26)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Larkin wrote:

Best bit is when the woman comes outa the gas station and Hammond is trying to talk his way out of trouble.
I think what really got her goat was when he began using big words and structured sentences like: "We have decorated our vehicles in a distinctive manner."
Larkin
Banned

Pernicious544 wrote:

Damn, the south is an embarrassment.
I think every country needs a certain area which is populated by retards. It just makes the population feel better.

America has the South
England has Essex (which also happens to be in the south...i see a trend emerging.

Last edited by Larkin (2007-07-05 02:47:26)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Where are the intelligent areas of England located? In America it's the Southwest and Northeast. I wonder if there's a trend in that, too?

(Well ok maybe the Southwest of America isn't that intelligent, blame that on the border-hoppers. But since they technically don't exist here, then it is an intelligent area after all ).
Larkin
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

Where are the intelligent areas of England located? In America it's the Southwest and Northeast. I wonder if there's a trend in that, too?

(Well ok maybe the Southwest of America isn't that intelligent, blame that on the border-hoppers. But since they technically don't exist here, then it is an intelligent area after all ).
To be honest England doesn't have a designated "intelligent zone", smart people tend to be few and far between, just randomly populated throughout the country. However! There is alot of stereotyping in this country. Southerners tend to see Northerners as "strong in the arm and thick in the head" whereas a Northern stereotype is that Southerners are "southern jessys/wimps/girls blouses" etc. It's very complicated.

I'm from the North myself and i happen to be quite intelligent, or at least more intelligent than most of the people I know, which really isn't saying much. Anyway, I digress. Stereotyping aside, I think intelligent people are pretty evenly spread throughout England....except for, of course, Essex.

Ooh, I wrote a small essay.

EDIT: I should also mention that the stupidity of the stupid people in England isn't a patch on the retarded antics of Rednecks.

Last edited by Larkin (2007-07-05 03:04:13)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6236|Uk
Haha, i knew what this was just from looking at the still you see before you start the video. Top Gear is so good and this was definitely the best challenge. (Followed closely by them making their own limos)
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Hmm, maybe I should rephrase my question. I guess intelligent people are evenly spread here, too (aside from the majority of the South). But I guess what I'm getting at is where are the more progressive people, in terms of politics, technology, social issues, culture? The problem with the South is that they can't get out of the 1800s. And everywhere else except the SW and NE can't get out of the 1900s. The areas where the population has moved on to the 21st century are located mostly in Southern California and surrounding parts of Nevada and Arizona, as well as most of New England. Seems funny that they're at opposite ends of the country.

[Oh and before people start flaming me, I've been to nearly every state in the U.S. and have relatives from the South, and even cousins that live in Alabama (tragic, I know ), so don't tell me I don't know what it's like at those places. I've road-tripped across the country and visited many places, many times]

And I'd also like to add that visiting Alabama is funny and a bit nostalgic for me. I was last there in the summer of '05 and I felt like I was in the 90s. They didn't know what electronic music was, the internet was a foreign concept (myspace still hadn't caught on yet), gay and bi people only existed in the movies (and those movies were never to be seen around there), and, I shit you not, I was asked many times to speak slower (and I talk nowhere near a mile a minute).

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-07-05 03:19:01)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6654|Teesside, UK
A while back a friend of mine insisted that I download and watch the entire hour long American special of top gear that he had recorded.  Not being a fan of cars i grumbled and moaned that its not my kind of thing but he was so persistent i backed down and watched the whole episode.  Now me and the missus are top gear junkies!

Saw an episode yesterday when they went camping, not a challenges as such but still hilarious.  Mayhem and destruction all the way
Larkin
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

Hmm, maybe I should rephrase my question. I guess intelligent people are evenly spread here, too (aside from the majority of the South). But I guess what I'm getting at is where are the more progressive people, in terms of politics, technology, social issues, culture? The problem with the South is that they can't get out of the 1800s. And everywhere else except the SW and NE can't get out of the 1900s. The areas where the population has moved on to the 21st century are located mostly in Southern California and surrounding parts of Nevada and Arizona, as well as most of New England. Seems funny that they're at opposite ends of the country.
Okay, I understand your question but I can't really answer it. There isn't really any particular place in England where people are stuck in a time trap and refuse to embrace mordern culture. Well' I'm sure there are certain individuals who think like that but they are in the minority. The most counterproductive people is England/Britain today (and this is the only comparison i can make to the Rednack problem in America) are the racists. Britain is a multi-cultural place and that isn't going to change, but some people just don't want to accept it.

mkxiii wrote:

Haha, i knew what this was just from looking at the still you see before you start the video. Top Gear is so good and this was definitely the best challenge. (Followed closely by them making their own limos)
Lmao, that was a funny one too.

Last edited by Larkin (2007-07-05 03:30:33)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I think I'm gonna download all the episodes or try finding them on Netflix or something. Despite me knowing nothing of cars and not caring about cars at all, I would still catch myself watching episodes when my roommate a few years ago was hooked on the show and watching all them. The Top Gear guys are really entertaining and are good at hooking in the layperson when it comes to automobiles.

btw, has anyone seen the movie Gumball 3000? That movie is pretty funny and cool. It's about a race across the country starting in San Francisco I believe.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6236|Uk

Larkin wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Okay, I understand your question but I can't really answer it. There isn't really any particular place in England where people are stuck in a time trap and refuse to embrace mordern culture. Well' I'm sure there are certain individuals who think like that but they are in the minority. The most counterproductive people is England/Britain today (and this is the only comparison i can make to the Rednack problem in America) are the racists. Britain is a multi-cultural place and that isn't going to change, but some people just don't want to accept it.
Yep, basically, we have chavs.  They are mostly distributed evenly among the various areas of the country, thus decreasing the IQ of the country evenly. However more chavs tend to accumulate around the Norwich area in Norfolk (olololol imbred farmers rofl) and even though the majority of people in Norfolk, as in England are relatively intelligent, the IQ of chavs (which is likened to that of 'Two short planks' (or one which is twice the width)) causes the average to drop to below 0.
Larkin
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

I think I'm gonna download all the episodes or try finding them on Netflix or something. Despite me knowing nothing of cars and not caring about cars at all, I would still catch myself watching episodes when my roommate a few years ago was hooked on the show and watching all them. The Top Gear guys are really entertaining and are good at hooking in the layperson when it comes to automobiles.
I'm not that interested in cars either but thats the beauty of Top Gear, it's ability to hook anybody, it's just good comedy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard