sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

well, we are the greatest country in teh world.  it's a burden, but it's our burden.  you dont hear people say, hmmm my life sucks, I think I'll move to Argentina.
Well maybe if you lived in Paraguay or Uruguay you might...
And Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Colombia, etc.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Some Americans seem so concerned about every tiny comment about America.  Then, we have people thinking that the World has this obsession with America.  Why do you think is that?
I guess getting constantly kicked in the balls does that. Damned if you do damned if you don't. It's either, America save us, or America fuck off. Never seems to be a happy medium.
I rarely hear people crying out 'America save us'. The last time was in 1939. It then took the US a couple of years (and of course the Pearl Harbour incident) to get up off their arses. Having said that: GG USA in WWII. Much appreciated.
LOL.....  you make me laugh.... That is so NOT true.

America send help, Tsunami relief... Ring a bell? 

Hundreds of examples just like that, from Humanitarian aid to Military help.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6177

aj0405 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I believe that is something to do with the fact that a lot of people are quick to critize the US, but forget or are not interested in what the country has done to help the world. Its a lack of appreciation thing IMO. I'd be ticked off too if everyone went on a mission to bring up everything wrong with my country, wouldn't you?
That's the point I don't agree with.  Most of the World has a huge appreciation for American contribution.  We watch American movies, American tv, we use a lot of things invented there, so don't feel that the World only sees the bad things of America.  Besides, most of the criticism is for GWB and the US foreign policy.
then why is it that when when we have foreigners talking to us or about us they seem to only bring up negative points?doesn't look like appreciation to me.
Bingo!!!! Since I have been on this site..there are 3 to 4 posters here who constantly bring negative comment or try to paint my country as this unlawful cancer on the world....not just once or twice but almost on a daily basis. Have I seen a positive post....No! If I were to come here and daily post something negative about your country...over and over and over and over...wouldn't you take offense? Some of you say its only foreign policy or Bush, but it never stays on those things and this continuous bashing is honestly getting very old. Now we are having tit for tat posts using basically the same post idea...pretty childish and finally Serge...you say its about foreign policy and Bush...then explain this post??

I dont see anything in your title or this post that says anything about foreign policy or Bush, so get off your high horse. You know damn well why you made this post, strictly to react to the one made by an earlier poster and of course push the American button again. Lame and childish.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

Superslim wrote:

LOL - You think the US was the ONLY country in the world to be asked for aid!!! We are talking about military intervention here mainly. Humanitarian aid nobody has a problem with. Military aid: big problem.

Let's not forget what the rest of the world did for the US in the wake of Katrina.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-04 16:03:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

Having said that: GG USA in WWII. Much appreciated.
lolz europ wuz liek gogogogogogo
gogogogogo
gogogogogog
goggogog

and us wer getting a cold bear and like skru u guyz lmao

kekekeke

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-04 16:04:42)

DeathBecomesYu
+171|6177

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Some Americans seem so concerned about every tiny comment about America.  Then, we have people thinking that the World has this obsession with America.  Why do you think is that?
I guess getting constantly kicked in the balls does that. Damned if you do damned if you don't. It's either, America save us, or America fuck off. Never seems to be a happy medium.
I rarely hear people crying out 'America save us'. The last time was in 1939. It then took the US a couple of years (and of course the Pearl Harbour incident) to get up off their arses. Having said that: GG USA in WWII. Much appreciated.
OMG..what a short memory...this is a classic example of hate blinding people. You are so focused on the negatives that you fail to even remember anything recent. There is A LOT of short term memories here and VERY LARGE blinders. Just like Slim said above....we are always the first to be asked for help and the first to offer it. We give more to charity and aide than any country in the world but of course you fail to see or remember that.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6476|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Partly to do with the constant bashing it seems we recieve.  We're kinda insecure about ourselves I guess, but God Bless us Anyway.  And yes you guys may not like what our government does, but the Government =/= America.  If the President sends our forces into Iraq, you can hate the president.  But when you leave a message saying "OMG USA YOU NUB" you apply the actions of our leaders to our whole country.  Let's say a man on you're block murders an old lady on the street.  You would be upset if everyone said "That Block produces nothing but bad apples".
Like I'm sure someone isn't going to appreciate this:
https://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4493/sillyenglishmu5.th.jpg

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2007-07-04 16:06:20)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

aj0405 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That's the point I don't agree with.  Most of the World has a huge appreciation for American contribution.  We watch American movies, American tv, we use a lot of things invented there, so don't feel that the World only sees the bad things of America.  Besides, most of the criticism is for GWB and the US foreign policy.
then why is it that when when we have foreigners talking to us or about us they seem to only bring up negative points?doesn't look like appreciation to me.
Bingo!!!! Since I have been on this site..there are 3 to 4 posters here who constantly bring negative comment or try to paint my country as this unlawful cancer on the world....not just once or twice but almost on a daily basis. Have I seen a positive post....No! If I were to come here and daily post something negative about your country...over and over and over and over...wouldn't you take offense? Some of you say its only foreign policy or Bush, but it never stays on those things and this continuous bashing is honestly getting very old. Now we are having tit for tat posts using basically the same post idea...pretty childish and finally Serge...you say its about foreign policy and Bush...then explain this post??

I dont see anything in your title or this post that says anything about foreign policy or Bush, so get off your high horse. You know damn well why you made this post, strictly to react to the one made by an earlier poster and of course push the American button again. Lame and childish.
Well, I didn't want to be subtle, so yeah, I made this thread over the other one.  But, this isn't an attack to the US.  Explain how this is an attack to your country.  And, I never criticized American people or America itself.  I have a great admiration for Clinton, and he happens to be born in the US, so explain how come my comments are anti-American.  I don't like GWB, as I don't like the president of my country.  The thing is nobody cares about this guy, while most of the World do about GWB, coz the US has a main role in international affairs.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

OMG..what a short memory...this is a classic example of hate blinding people. You are so focused on the negatives that you fail to even remember anything recent. There is A LOT of short term memories here and VERY LARGE blinders. Just like Slim said above....we are always the first to be asked for help and the first to offer it. We give more to charity and aide than any country in the world but of course you fail to see or remember that.
YOU ARE NOT 'THE FIRST TO GET ASKED' - you're blinded yourself in that regard. You guys believe the US is some knight in shining armour! The west as a whole gets appealed to. You give less to charity per capita than most western countries I might add - not to belittle the good will and generosity of the US when it comes to aid, the US is very generous.

By the way DBY - if you think it's just three or four posters on a forum then you're way off. If you haven't left the US recently then I can tell you that goodwill towards the US is at a global all-time low. Mainly thanks to G.W. Bush.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-04 16:08:31)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

There's a lot of blind nationalism in the US. Which is a different thing entirely to patriotism. Those who are blindly nationalistic don't realise the difference and call it patriotism. I think that plays a big part in it.
That's not the only reason, some people are just touchy.

Lots of Americans aren't like that at all. But like so many things, it only takes a few to make it seem like a big deal.

I'm a big fan of the ideals America was founded on, even if I do feel some of those ideals have been eroded in some areas. America has done very well and now it is their moment in the sun - it won't last forever, nothing does, someone else will take the lead at some point (probably China, which could be quite scary).
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

LOL - You think the US was the ONLY country in the world to be asked for aid!!! We are talking about military intervention here mainly. Humanitarian aid nobody has a problem with. Military aid: big problem.

Let's not forget what the rest of the world did for the US in the wake of Katrina.
Your hanging on a thin wire, I saw the news reports, the citizens of the effects regions were asking for America, not Italy, not Canada, not Russia, not Iran.......so on and so on.

As for Katrina, yaaa  a little payback was in order. Canada sent a lot of aid as well as expert medical and rescue teams, because, if the same happened to us, we know America would be the first to step up to the plate.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Superslim wrote:

Humanitarian aid nobody has a problem with.
Except for the people who are being killed by those said aid's going too.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

CameronPoe wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

YOU ARE NOT 'THE FIRST TO GET ASKED' - you're blinded yourself in that regard. You guys believe the US is some knight in shining armour! The west as a whole gets appealed to. You give less to charity per capita than most western countries I might add - not to belittle the good will and generosity of the US when it comes to aid, the US is very generous.

By the way DBY - if you think it's just three or four posters on a forum then you're way off. If you haven't left the US recently then I can tell you that goodwill towards the US is at a global all-time low. Mainly thanks to G.W. Bush.
PS. I live in CANADA. The US is our best friend, greatest neighbor and awesome ally. You shit on my friends, you shit on me, and thats not a good thing.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

Superslim wrote:

Your hanging on a thin wire, I saw the news reports, the citizens of the effects regions were asking for America, not Italy, not Canada, not Russia, not Iran.......so on and so on.

As for Katrina, yaaa  a little payback was in order. Canada sent a lot of aid as well as expert medical and rescue teams, because, if the same happened to us, we know America would be the first to step up to the plate.
Stepping up to the plate? This doesn't just go for the US but also for the EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and other western nations:

- Genocide in Darfur

- Starvation and brutal dictatorship in Zimbabwe

- Brutal dictatorship in Myanmar (Burma): democratically elected leader under house arrest for over a decade

- North Korea dictatorship & oppression of the civilian population

- Anarchy in Somalia

- Hardline Islamic fundamentalist Wahabi regime in Saudi Arabia

- Nuclear armed military dictatorship in Pakistan

- Horrific reign of General Suharto in Indonesia for several decades

That's to name a few of the causes deemed 'not worth bothering about'. It seems only oil-rich countries, those that are of strategic benefit or those with powerful lobby groups within the US can bend the ear of the president.

By the way - I don't think it's our business to be interfering in any of those situations. All we should do/should have done is isolate them and refuse to trade with  them.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

Superslim wrote:

PS. I live in CANADA. The US is our best friend, greatest neighbor and awesome ally. You shit on my friends, you shit on me, and thats not a good thing.
Why? What has the US done for Canada recently? I would hope they're nice to you - they're your neighbours ffs.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Stepping up to the plate? This doesn't just go for the US but also for the EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and other western nations:

- Genocide in Darfur

- Starvation and brutal dictatorship in Zimbabwe

- Brutal dictatorship in Myanmar (Burma): democratically elected leader under house arrest for over a decade

- North Korea dictatorship & oppression of the civilian population

- Anarchy in Somalia

- Hardline Islamic fundamentalist Wahabi regime in Saudi Arabia

- Nuclear armed military dictatorship in Pakistan

- Horrific reign of General Suharto in Indonesia for several decades

That's to name a few of the causes deemed 'not worth bothering about'. It seems only oil-rich countries, those that are of strategic benefit or those with powerful lobby groups within the US can bend the ear of the president.

By the way - I don't think it's our business to be interfering in any of those situations. All we should do/should have done is isolate them and refuse to trade with  them.
That's not entirely fair. The US had a go in Somalia and lots of countries off that list. The Korean war they helped the South Koreans not get invaded by that brutal dictatorship to their North.

Helping out in Africa doesn't achieve much. If you try to stop these genocides, they'll only start again when you turn your back. Look at the good the EU force in DR Congo is doing (fuck all, that's how much good - but they are all French I think).

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-07-04 16:30:07)

The_Mac
+96|6223

sergeriver wrote:

I think its a hint that the French need to stop taking dumps in the middle of a public road!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

Bertster7 wrote:

That's not entirely fair. The US had a go in Somalia and lots of countries off that list. The Korean war they helped the South Koreans not get invaded by that brutal dictatorship to their North.
My thoughts are they shouldn't have. That was a regional issue for Koreans to iron out. Going into Somalia? Well let's just say they didn't last long and for good reason. 'The west' needs to stop intervening militarily outside of 'the west'.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6177

CameronPoe wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

First...the posts here MAINLY come from a few people in regards to negative posts towards America on these forums...not the world, and that is what I said "most" posts come from a handful here. You have to understand that when you guys post things...whether its about Bush or policies or whatever, it still is America. This post turned from the sarcastic nature it was intended into defending our country. This is what happens everytime and it always turns into our foreign policy in the middle east....its an endless cycle of the same bashing over and over on these forums. Surprise, Surprise! it happened again.

This post is exactly what I am talking about. It started out as a post based on another that was based on another as a sarcastic shot towards Americans here on these forums getting tired of the endless bashing and you damn well that is how this post started. I know you are smart enough to know why this post was started and there was no other reason for it. I will stand up to BS like this especially on my nation's birthday.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

First...the posts here MAINLY come from a few people in regards to negative posts towards America on these forums...not the world, and that is what I said "most" posts come from a handful here. You have to understand that when you guys post things...whether its about Bush or policies or whatever, it still is America. This post turned from the sarcastic nature it was intended into defending our country. This is what happens everytime and it always turns into our foreign policy in the middle east....its an endless cycle of the same bashing over and over on these forums. Surprise, Surprise! it happened again.

This post is exactly what I am talking about. It started out as a post based on another that was based on another as a sarcastic shot towards Americans here on these forums getting tired of the endless bashing and you damn well that is how this post started. I know you are smart enough to know why this post was started and there was no other reason for it. I will stand up to BS like this especially on my nation's birthday.
You're right and I understand what you're saying. I don't mean to disrespect America 'the nation'. Have a happy 4th of July!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

My thoughts are they shouldn't have. That was a regional issue for Koreans to iron out. Going into Somalia? Well let's just say they didn't last long and for good reason. 'The west' needs to stop intervening militarily outside of 'the west'.
I'd mostly agree.

Not about the Korean war though. South Korea is a decent, productive, democratic state - which it wouldn't have been otherwise. I'd say it's an excellent example of how American intervention has worked well. I'm all for intervening in international conflicts, it's domestic issues that should be left well alone. If one country decides to invade another, that's not on. Someone needs to look out for smaller countries, like the US is keeping an eye on Taiwan.

I think there is a very important distinction between intervening in international conflicts and domestic conflicts and no one should ever be intervening in domestic stuff. But it is against international law to invade other countries, in general. I feel that should be enforced.
dill13
+67|6191

so you think that the us should be punished for invading iraq or are they above this international law. iknow the same can be said about england and other countries but thats not the point.

Last edited by dill13 (2007-07-04 16:50:15)

imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

CameronPoe wrote:

You mean laugh, make light and fun of it, and proclaim to all who would listen that we deserved it for our corrupt and evil ways?
imortal
+240|6663|Austin, TX

dill13 wrote:

so you think that the us should be punished for invading iraq or are they above this international law. iknow the same can be said about england and other countries but thats not the point.
...except that it was not an illegal action.  I am sure this has been argued to death in here, but if the UN didn't want anyone to interfere with Iraq, they should have written those sanctions a bit better.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6329|teh alien spaceshit
Due to the fact that America helped 90% of the countries in the last century, yet people never realize it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard