usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

I am really having a hard time understanding the word "whore" being applied to everything.  You guys know, "tank whore", "helo whore", etc.  I do not get why people are being yelled at for using the vehicle they like.  Who gives a shit if someone is always in a tank, helo, or airplane.  EA put them in the game for people to use, so why not use them?  People get angry at stat padders, why?  Why do you care if someone is tossing flashbangs the whole round, or grappling buildings all round?  In my opinion, stat padding is built into the game because of awards and rank.  We all stat pad to some degree.  If you cannot admit that then you have no integrity.  Some more than others I admit, but we all do it.  So I have to ask, why does everyone get so pissed at it?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
the only thing i get upset with is the noob tube and bunny hopping.

i use the tank pretty much and ive been flying more and more, so i choose not to be too hypocritical.

have no integrity?  i'd like to think you chose the wrong word.  you're either overemphasizing or you don't know what the word means.
kA_sick
+0|6758|Wien
lol man read the forum and try to find out what stat padding is....
statpadding is when you work together with the enemy to obtain many,many points....
and i mean ok i try to get the awards (f.e. expert knife) but u know i try it with skills and not asking someone of the enemy team if i can kill him 18 times with my knife to get the award man....
and to you question if u dont like "whore" then call them tank bitches or i dont know what....
7h3647h32in6
+0|6734
Are you smoking crack?

Stat padders are the guys that get 700 pts a round without playing the freaking game. It's OUR stats that are getting abused by these whores and it needs to be stopped. Imagine a new game called BF2 where you get a gun, but noone uses it, instead they get a guy on the other team to kill someone on their team so they can revive them over and over and over again and the winner of the round is the one who revived the fastest.

If you want to play that, feel free to, but the rest of us have taste and put time into our skills.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

My point is, if it does not effect you, i.e. by killing you or blinding you, then why do you care so much?  I am just trying to understand.  I see people getting so pissed off about it, but I do not understand why.  I get more pissed off at other things, but I must be in the minority.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

7h3647h32in6 wrote:

Are you smoking crack?

Stat padders are the guys that get 700 pts a round without playing the freaking game. It's OUR stats that are getting abused by these whores and it needs to be stopped. Imagine a new game called BF2 where you get a gun, but noone uses it, instead they get a guy on the other team to kill someone on their team so they can revive them over and over and over again and the winner of the round is the one who revived the fastest.

If you want to play that, feel free to, but the rest of us have taste and put time into our skills.
No, check my score, I suck, I do not do that, I just do not know why everyone gets so pissed at it.
7h3647h32in6
+0|6734

usmarine2005 wrote:

7h3647h32in6 wrote:

Are you smoking crack?

No, check my score, I suck, I do not do that, I just do not know why everyone gets so pissed at it.
Because I do not suck, and yet the guy next to me owes his ranks and unlocks to 5 rounds.
kA_sick
+0|6758|Wien
lol other question so when i use an aimbot and from that point im 1000 times better than everybody else giving headshots over 10000 metres, would this would be ok?! u could also say well im still better then he because without hacks he sucks.... but the fact is that he is destroying the game through cheating....
i feel the same about statpadding, even more noobish, because writing hacks isnt so easy......
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6737

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Can live with that. The only thing I realy hate is shooting with AT equitment on infantry.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

well, tbh, as long as the padders don't interfere with regular gameplay, I couldn't care less. let them hide in some quiet place and pad. what bugs me are people that stop me from having fun while playing the game. TK'
s, cheaters, stupid teammates, commanders who don't command, etc...

I can live with the occasional stat padder and bunny hopper. the latter will be wiped out with the next patch anyway. and as long as the plane whore or tank whore is on our team, it's just fine.

btw, to me the whole "whore" thing is more of a compliment anyway. I admire people who have become so good at using a certain asset that others have no other choice but to flame them for it.

It's sort of like the AWP whore in CS.
kA_sick
+0|6758|Wien
well but the difference is that u can take an AWP lamer down in cs with a normal weapon, if u are medic,support,sniper,assault u really have no chance about killing someone....
i mean sure if someones good in a tank, but i played karkand today and the USMC was camping with 2 APCs and 1 Tank in our first base and they even didnt wanted to catch the point there where just camping at the spawnpoint to kill as many people as they can.... u cant call this really skill....
its like sitting somewhere as Special Forces planting c4 on some roads and waiting for someone too past by (even for more than 5 mins) thats just ridicoulus....

Campers have no skills, spawnrapers have no skills its just like beating up 12 year old children as a 22 year old and then talking about his fighting skills etc etc....
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6750
imo "whore" is someone who TKs to get tank/plane etc.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

imo "whore" is someone who TKs to get tank/plane etc.
That's what I understood, but now it seems "whore" is being used for everything.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6769|Brixham, UK
I'm a rifle whore.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

DUFFKING wrote:

I'm a rifle whore.
LOL.  I must be a "have a job" whore, or "shower and shave" whore.
Otto_Mattic
+0|6720

usmarine2005 wrote:

My point is, if it does not effect you, i.e. by killing you or blinding you, then why do you care so much?  I am just trying to understand.  I see people getting so pissed off about it, but I do not understand why.  I get more pissed off at other things, but I must be in the minority.
It matters to those who follow their own stats and compare them to their friends and others.  Stat padders invalidate those numbers.

Also, if you have a couple of yahoos out in the woods somewhere killing and reviving each other, the one getting killed all of the time is hurting his team immensely.
Octavarium
+1|6721
The only thing which annoys me is when i'm not having fun....

that is usually because either:

Somone is insulting me
Somone keeps TKing me
Somone is cheating
Someone is repeatedly n00b tubing me
Someone is sat 10 ft from an uncappable spawn with a helicopter and tank

AFAIK I play BF2 for fun so the fact that somone is stat-padding doesn't bother me as much as n00b tubing because 'tubing has a direct impact on my enjoyment.

I'm unlikely to leave a server because somone is stat-padding (if they wanna do that then its their own sense of achievement down the drain!!) but if people are doing things which ruin my enjoyment then I leave.

Peace :-)
pogled
+0|6789|Europe

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Can live with that. The only thing I realy hate is shooting with AT equitment on infantry.
As long as he's doing it over a certain distance there is nothing wrong with it. The best (and only) way to deal with a sniper if an AT get's caught out in the open. (I am not talking of guys running around and firing at you from a few meters...)
And to forestall the question "..what about RL?": The british forces  for example used MILAN AT missiles to take out Argentinian machinegun posts or stronger infatry resistance of any kind ('82, Falkland).

I'd have to admit that it is a bit unfair since it is a 100% kill if you hit an infatryman - but on the other hand wouldn't the same apply to a guy with a assault rifle trying to kill the AT?

Last edited by pogled (2005-12-20 10:31:01)

Gotham
+3|6743
Basically in BF2 if youi log into the account server more than once you are a whore.
CBRacky
+0|6767
my ex-wife is a whore.  no, really!  she is!
Dr_3V|L
+51|6736|Twente, The Netherlands

Otto_Mattic wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

It matters to those who follow their own stats and compare them to their friends and others.  Stat padders invalidate those numbers.

Also, if you have a couple of yahoos out in the woods somewhere killing and reviving each other, the one getting killed all of the time is hurting his team immensely.
That is'nt true, by reviving the guy the team loses no points. Only if someone of the team really dies and respawns, the team loses points.
pogled
+0|6789|Europe
My defintion of a whore:
A *whore is person who repeatedly displays a behavour that is interfering with the game experience of all other palyers in a match in a negative way.
This may result from misuse of buildt in game mechanics (balancing or physics problems; bunnyhopping or noobtubing) or simply by beeing TKing, egomaniacal  bellyacher who is damaging the effort of his own team ("stealing" his own teams equipment).

There is nothing wrong with bunnyhopping perse:  in UT it is okay (because it is SciFI, fast and a fragg orgy).
But BF2 is a teamplay and tactical oriented, military FPS (at least in theory). Thats why it's got flagg points, support kits, realsitic weapons (as far as balancing allows it), squads and command structures - it was not meant to be a simple team-deathmatch.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6752|In your head
I have said it before.....if you don't like it don't play the damn game.

I mean come on guys in real life if you don't like something you don't do it right? (unless absoulutley necassary.....and playing a video game is not)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard