-=ThC=-Neo105
+1|6177|Amsterdam, Holland

AGayGirl wrote:

i like choppers.  is a 4.0 k/d ration good in a chopper??
It's OK

BTW Thanks for posting this, I just CANT stand those guys who take a perfectly good chopper and just crash it as soon as then get near a random tree... *wait 15 seconds... repeat*
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
sweet vids, sweet accent, GET ANOTHER HD SO YOU CAN MAKE MORE VIDS!
I suck at piloting and this is the best tutorial I've seen so far (and I've seen a few)!
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6607|Parainen, Finland
Söta Valpar!!!!

That was really some nice shit!!!
That was a really special accent. +1
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

AGayGirl wrote:

4 Isnt special im pretty crap in helis but i have a 5.5 afaik
baggs
+732|6205

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

thats quite an impressive k/d, if i was half bothered i would start a new account and i would aim for a phat k/d in choppers as im not too bad now. tho...i removed my setpoint drivers and it made a big change to mouse sensitivity, so ive had to tweak and adapt again but i can never find a good round to get some serious practice in.
ssonrats
+221|6646

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

AGayGirl wrote:

Stats don't account for shite in choppers
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

Tru dat, im probably just above average just that in a cobra on wake with the airfield its easier than stat padding
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
Most of the people with really high KD ratios either baserape excessively or constantly play maps that are conducive to chopper whoring (wake, sharqi).  There's nothing wrong with a touch of baseraping now and then, but I'm sure everyone knows a chopper/jet whore who does nothing but baserape while playing one or two maps.  Also, KDR doesn't take into account the chopper pilots who just skirt around the outside of a map and pick off targets rather than actually taking a few risks to score heavily.  They finish on 14/0 and you finish on 50/5.  Who did the better job?  Obviously the 50/5 team (net gain: 45 tickets as opposed to 15).  Finally, I know a lot of people who will bail out of a chopper and crater rather than take the death on their chopper stats.  Stats can give a basic indication of proficiency but it's not really conclusive by any means.
Cpt.Snewo
+4|6122
It seems like all the same thing.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
Case in point about stat-whores who probably have good stats, but actually suck:  Two of the admins (plus several others) on a server I sometimes play on do nothing but baserape.  They also tend to join the non US side when jet whoring unless it's a map where it doesn't matter too much.  I wonder why?  Hmm.

Thing is, they're crap if you manage to get off the ground.  In a straight helicopter fight, Death and I obliterate them.  We shot the baserape duo down about 9 times on Fushe (straight fight, not raping the pad) but the moment you die (usually not because of them, I might add), they're over to your uncap baseraping.  They know the moment you get off the ground, they're going to be outgunned by anyone half decent, so they spend most of the map doing their utmost to keep you there.  It's actually quite amusing because they're so average (both in choppers & jets) despite their rank & playtime that they sometimes have trouble raping the carrier.  I saw one of them crash into a target on the carrier twice and, when I got my F35-B up on Dragon, I shot one of them down three times doing exactly the same thing (just coming down and getting behind as they raped the carrier).

They even suck at baseraping (unless you count 35 kills as 'good' in an Mi-28 round on sharqi).  People like that build decent looking ratios & stats, but they aren't good at the game.  I reckon playing in such a restricted fashion actually atrophies any learned skills.  It's pretty hard to hit a rolling chopper if all you're used to killing is one that's on the pad

*edit haha, I just looked at one of the guy's stats.  The guy who crashed into the carrier twice and flew straight while I was locking him (dying 3 times to an F-35B) has 320 jet hours and a 9.3 ratio.  320 hours and he hasn't figured out that if someone locks you, it's not a good idea to fly in a straight line.  The guy is a craaaaaaaaap pilot.  320 hours of baserape evidently hasn't taught him much.

Btw I'm not wholly against baseraping, I just think it's funny that some people do nothing but base rape at every available opportunity and suck because of it.  Moral of story: Chopper/Jet stats do not necessarily reflect a person's skill.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2007-08-10 19:03:18)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
Hm. How to be a GOOD pilot will be useful, but right now I'm just having trouble controlling the damn things. Any hints on how to bring the damn things into a hover without flying into something? Or on how often to use the throttle key?
mclaren
+0|5988
lol 800% scottish, edingburgh accent by the sound of it.  I'm Scottish
13Jester13
+1|6422|Englewood, Colorado
Any word or time frame on more of those badass (and very helpfull videos BTW)?  Like everyone else I am waiting to see the best way to defense manuver from things.  Also I can barrel roll, but I have to be up high and my barrel rolls come out very slow and probably predictable.  How do you do them so fast and so low to the ground?  Would this be the funneling technique but just a very tight version looking straight ahead?
xxx.B(+)mber
+4|5955|Chicago, IL
Anybodys whos anybody in a chopper isn't talking about anything if they cant beat me more then 5 times out of 10
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6542|Washington
I just watched video 1 and was wondering how does he get such fast reactions with his movements?
I got my settings 100% maxed for my helicoptor controls and I still can't do low altitude barrel rolls or fast side to side movements?
Is it the cheap ass mouse I got (Fellowes Mini Web Pro) or is it something else I haven't discovered?

I can fly great but my sensitivity seems to be only half of what's shown in that video..
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

Spider1980 wrote:

I just watched video 1 and was wondering how does he get such fast reactions with his movements?
I got my settings 100% maxed for my helicoptor controls and I still can't do low altitude barrel rolls or fast side to side movements?
Is it the cheap ass mouse I got (Fellowes Mini Web Pro) or is it something else I haven't discovered?

I can fly great but my sensitivity seems to be only half of what's shown in that video..
You need momentum and full throttle. I fly with some 15 dollar logitech with a cord.
={PS}=Rage
+2|6678|Lake Stevens, WA
Wanna practice flying, and soloing?  Come check out the [TSH] Chopper only mod server.  Server side modded to choppers only, plenty so everyone can have there own and solo, or not.      8.6.76.224:16567   password = tsh
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

You need momentum and full throttle. I fly with some 15 dollar logitech with a cord.
Yeah, no special mouses or 1337 keyboards.

Just takes a bit of practice.

And although you said it 6 months ago, I totally agree that stats don't mean shizzle. I have a poor jet KD ratio (4 ~ 1) Yet I can kill 90% of the J10 pilots with an F35. Same goes with chopper, my ratio is around 3, yet I can TV better than most.

80% of anyone with a high ratio is probably playing in the J10/Sharqi rape.
B3ing u P4in
+4|5963

Hakei wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

And although you said it 6 months ago, I totally agree that stats don't mean shizzle. I have a poor jet KD ratio (4 ~ 1) Yet I can kill 90% of the J10 pilots with an F35. Same goes with chopper, my ratio is around 3, yet I can TV better than most.

Or playing Kubra Dam, Dalian Plant.

Play Dragon Valley where u cant see the Hud in the sky!!!

One good Heli pilot has saying to me that he sucks at dragon, but on Dalian, Wake or Kubra he sees everything
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996
Dragon Valley is my favorite map to chopper whore in, it's the map where you're chances of getting killed are severely reduced, yet I can TV just as well on DV and I can on any other map.

I like Dragon Valley.
B3ing u P4in
+4|5963

Hakei wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Spider1980 wrote:

Like this one sucker:

http://bf2s.com/player/63127104/

Sharqi Peninsula      741:18:18      2,078      1,149      1.81      260

Helicopter      344:39:01      38,221      8,078      4.9411      1693

Obvious raping the USMC TV station. I hate this map, cause there is no balance. When you are Mec, with a good pilot, USMC have no chance to spawun
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6184
I dont understand what the big issue about unbalance is.  People complain about unbalance... the only real issue is that you are on the wrong team.  I dont complain when im just absolutely owning the other team because they have no clue what they are doing.  just dont put yourself in a position where your teammates are retarded.  if you join a server and your team KDR is less than 1, leave.  it is as simple as that.
DVS_SGT
+0|6207|Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks for the help mate!
cheify0
+2|6229|Philippines

Hakei wrote:

Dragon Valley is my favorite map to chopper whore in, it's the map where you're chances of getting killed are severely reduced, yet I can TV just as well on DV and I can on any other map.

I like Dragon Valley.
i agree
too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx

B3ing u P4in wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Like this one sucker:

http://bf2s.com/player/63127104/

Sharqi Peninsula      741:18:18      2,078      1,149      1.81      260

Helicopter      344:39:01      38,221      8,078      4.9411      1693

Obvious raping the USMC TV station. I hate this map, cause there is no balance. When you are Mec, with a good pilot, USMC have no chance to spawun
Actually, you just need to spawn AT and have one guy on the AA site. Let them kill you as many times that they need to and keep firing the rockets away. Eventually, you'll take them down or they'll go reload, leaving you plenty of time to get up. Just takes a good pilot to get out of dodge to engage their pussy asses.

I love MEC pilots on Sharqi claim that it's fine to rape the tower, but you cannot rape their UCB, as the tower technically isn't a UCB. Just horrible players trying to make people believe they're good. I've only ever raped the tower if:

1. I was raped the previous round while I was USMC
2. The continuously rape the UCB

I had never raped to rape. Pretty gay.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard