RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
Funneling, sounds cool in that accent. But I like to call it Circle of Death. Sounds more lethal
Flyer066
+0|6127
Nice vids

They're very helpfull for beginners

BTW, i also prefer to use mouse and keyboard, believe me usibng a joystick is hard...
Irishpride2
+2|6125
wow mate u got 1 funny sense of humer! pop on my ts for a round ! i got a fellow scot on my ts all the time nd he sounds as old as you..feel free 2 pop on marra!
JaggedPanther
+61|6474

Irishpride2 wrote:

wow mate u got 1 funny sense of humer! pop on my ts for a round ! i got a fellow scot on my ts all the time nd he sounds as old as you..feel free 2 pop on marra!
Who's marra? yer wife? :p
Xinos
+0|6642
This is quite cool, I didn't know about the looking around in cockpit view XD.

The only thing worse than a gunner who can't aim is a gunner who doesn't seem to know that he can shoot at all. It's like he'll mount up and go to sleep and just expect you to rack in all thoose driver assist scores for him.. worthless.

Last edited by Xinos (2007-07-23 04:14:05)

Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6126|So Cal
Where's me lucky charms? ---- Heh heh.. Me likee your accent.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Irishpride2
+2|6125
lol tits ... My clan [TMH] (The Marra Hood)... Marra is army slang for mate or friend..yes i am irish!
cheify0
+2|6229|Philippines
nice vids
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6402|dm_maidenhead
Any more coming soon?
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
I have no free HDD space, so unfortunately not.  I do intend to make more when I get a new HDD, though.
trepid_jesse
+4|6719
I got the coooooooooooooobra.
x=Rocko=x
Wubmo
+1|6129
you use a mouse right?
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
Yeah... I did mention about three times in the videos that I use the mouse & kb.
k0balt
+1|6646|Cincinnati, OH
I have a question. What sensitivity, yaw factor, and pitch factor is recommended?

In those videos, the helos stopped on a dime...
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
Read the second page
ssonrats
+221|6645
I use 10 sensitivity and 2000dpi for flying, so does my bro (dbss) and you can still get a really smooth turn etc out of it. We have had countless rounds that have been won just because me and him got the heli. Your sensitivity is 3 and dpi 1200, which might be fine for pubs but turning quickly and evasively with 10 sensitivity is much better for avoiding other tv's imho.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
Once you go over a certain threshold, it's all just pissing in the pool IMO.  I don't have to throw the mouse around to turn the chopper and I don't have any problem rolling or pulling up etc.
AncientPC
+1|6167
Arnie thanks for the tutorials.

I've been practicing on empty servers and while I can get a lazy funnel going it's hard for me to increase the pitch without losing control of the chopper or nose-diving into the ground.  In the 2nd video after "Experiment" you basically revolve around a single point directly below you.  How did you accomplish this?

From what I could tell you said you didn't roll, so gain some altitude, stick the nose down and accelerate (W) and strafe (A/D)?  Whenever I try to stick my nose down I always seem to lose a lot of altitude  move forward and/or crash into the ground, is it because of holding accelerate down?
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
You've gotta hold accelerate.  Just make sure that, before you put the nose down, you're not travelling too fast.  If you're flying straight and try to go into a funnel or tight spin without first killing your speed, it'll be harder to control.  The best way to learn it is to point the nose a bit towards the sky before you begin.  This means you lose any excess speed and can start turning tightly without losing too much altitude.  Just keep practising
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
Buying hacks help with your flying ability, trust me, I'd know. I code my own.
markzed
+5|6381
I cranked up the sensitivity on my MX518, but is there another setting in the options of the game - cause it only made a small diffference to my roll capability.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

ssonrats wrote:

I use 10 sensitivity and 2000dpi for flying, so does my bro (dbss) and you can still get a really smooth turn etc out of it. We have had countless rounds that have been won just because me and him got the heli. Your sensitivity is 3 and dpi 1200, which might be fine for pubs but turning quickly and evasively with 10 sensitivity is much better for avoiding other tv's imho.
More sensitivity won't make the chopper turn any harder than it can. It just makes you have to pick up your mouse less often, something I've never really had a problem with.
ssonrats
+221|6645
I disagree, when you circle in the helo with 10 sensitivity it's much sharper and more responsive, ie. if your gunner spots a chopper you can quickly line him up.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA

ssonrats wrote:

I disagree, when you circle in the helo with 10 sensitivity it's much sharper and more responsive, ie. if your gunner spots a chopper you can quickly line him up.
I play with 7 sensitivity, works fine for me...
AGayGirl
+0|6109|where ever da f00k i wanna be
i like choppers.  is a 4.0 k/d ration good in a chopper??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard