citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6513|Atlanta, GA
First, just to combat a few of the more common arguments. For any questions/remarks such as "It causes (fill in the blank with horrible thing)" visit this page:
http://citricacid.110mb.com/make/faqs/c … -hemp.html

Marijuana is a Schedule I drug. According to that, it has high potential for abuse, no currently accepted medical uses, and there's a lack of safety for it's use. These are all false.

13 States have legalized medical marijuana; there is a prescription pill called Marinol whose active ingredient is Dronabinol, a synthetic THC. Marinol (more specifically Dronabinol) has been rescheduled from Schedule I to Schedule III yet THC still remains Schedule I.

But not only do 13 states provide people with medical marijuana, but the Federal Government provides 7 people medical marijuana every month. Just Google Irv Rosenfeld. He's been getting it since 1983, since then he has smoked over 200 lbs of marijuana. He's not dead, doesn't have cancer, he's not a bum. He's a Stock Broker in Florida, his reason for getting medical marijuana is a rare bone disorder called multiple congenital cartilaginous exostoses, which is marked by bony protrusions in the body's long bones.

So, obviously, Marijuana DOES have medical uses.

If legalized:
A - it would be taxed like alcohol and tobacco.
B - more money would be put back into the economy instead of the black market
C - less money would be spent in the judicial system arresting, jailing, trying and wasting tax payer money.

A + B + C =  lots of money to be spent on things like Education or Health Care.

So does anyone have a valid argument against relegalization?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

Drugs are bad.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6592|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I have no point against it.  As long as you treat it like it is alcohol with the laws and such, it is fine.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6451|Stealth City, UK
I'm pretty sure Marijuana is used in medical care, well in the UK it is, in its natural state.

I'd take my information from the majority of sites with information on it, not just one that you find suits your current leaning.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-03 12:10:13)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

I'm for it, but it'll never happen.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6579|Portland, OR, USA
If you need a fucking plant to be happy then be my guest.

Breathing in smoke makes so much sense imho, you know.. people die from smoke inhalation, but in moderation you can't be doing too much damage right?

Too bad everyone who does pot at my school has either dropped out by now, skips all of their classes or has a 2.5 or below GPA.  A bunch of our nations brightest if you ask me.

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2007-07-03 12:10:14)

buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
What it should say:

citricacidx wrote:

If legalized:
C - less money would be spent in the judicial system arresting, jailing, trying and wasting tax payer money.

A + B + C =  Lots of doped up people, people missing work because of being 'high', people driving under the influence of drugs, people causing shit because they're under the influence, people growing it in their garden selling it illegally even more than before......I could go on all day.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-03 12:13:27)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6531

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Breathing in smoke makes so much sense imho, you know.. people die from smoke inhalation, but in moderation you can't be doing too much damage right?

Too bad everyone who does pot at my school has either dropped out by now, skips all of their classes or has a 2.5 or below GPA.  A bunch of our nations brightest if you ask me.
ive gotten all a's since 1st grade
sterotypes ftl
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I always managed ok.

Still do.

And as far as the smoke inhalation thing goes, big, big studies commissioned by the US government have shown there is no link between lung cancer and smoking weed. In fact there is a negative correlation compared to smokers who exclusively smoke tobacco, which is due to the anti-tumour effect cannabis has exhibited in many tests.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

CommieChipmunk wrote:

What do you care then? You're better then them all remember?

Infact you're better than anyone who has ever smoked anything.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

ig wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

sterotypes ftl
You've been smoking pot since 1st grade?
ig
+1,199|6531

buLLet_t00th wrote:

What it should say:

citricacidx wrote:

If legalized:

A + B + C =  Lots of doped up people, people missing work because of being 'high', people driving under the influence of drugs, people causing shit because they're under the influence, people growing it in their garden selling it illegally even more than before......I could go on all day.
terrible logic
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6403|The Gem Saloon
not in our lifetime.

no no no no no.

but, yes bertster is right.....especially when it is burned without a flame.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Bertster7 wrote:

Drugs are bad.
Q *cough* FE
ig
+1,199|6531

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ig wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

sterotypes ftl
You've been smoking pot since 1st grade?
nah since 5th and im 21
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

ig wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

What it should say:

citricacidx wrote:

If legalized:

terrible logic
Why? If its legal everyone can do it, the people that can't handle it will be doing it. These things happen now so why wouldn't it increase if it became legal?
ig
+1,199|6531
ok my turn to sterotype
ur from uk, i could care less what u have to say, good day my friend
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ig wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

What it should say:

terrible logic
Why? If its legal everyone can do it, the people that can't handle it will be doing it. These things happen now so why wouldn't it increase if it became legal?
Why would it?

It hasn't in countries where it has been legalised.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6666|California
mmmmm....  pot.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

ig wrote:

ok my turn to sterotype
Who was I sterotyping? People who smoke weed?

And if 'you COULD care less' then its not much of a point is it?

I think you just placed yourself in the stereotype......not really helping your cause by being dumb and completely ignorant.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ig wrote:

ok my turn to sterotype

I think you just placed yourself in the stereotype......not really helping your cause by being dumb and completely ignorant.
That's a Yank thing, not a weed smoker thing. Try to use something relevant as an argument please.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

Bertster7 wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ig wrote:

terrible logic
Why would it?

Its just Holland isnt it? And you can only smoke it in the designated cafes cant you?
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

ghettoperson wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

ig wrote:

ok my turn to sterotype

That's a Yank thing, not a weed smoker thing. Try to use something relevant as an argument please.
I have been!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Why would it?

Its just Holland isnt it? And you can only smoke it in the designated cafes cant you?
There are other countries IIRC. And you can smoke it anywhere. So far, I have never been killed by anyone whose been driving high or have I ever been mugged or raped or any of the other things that you seem to think are an issue when it's legal.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Why would it?

No. You can smoke it in lots of places. So long as you're not obnoxious and anti-social about it.

You can only buy it from licensed cafes - but that's good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard