StormsGathering
+2|6434|Center of the US
...At least in my eyes.
I contacted EA about my Middle East Service Ribbon and actually got a real response! So now that my stats are updating properly on the servers I play on, and they gave me a real response, they've redeemed themselves for me. Check it out:

Customer     07/02/2007 01:35 PM
Thank you very much for looking into this for me. You've redeemed EA in my eyes by actually helping and not giving some canned answer. Kudos!

Response (GM Fenris)     07/02/2007 01:29 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

After doing some investigation, I have found that you are indeed qualified to earn the Mid-East Service ribbon, which requires play on each of the Mid-East maps to earn. I have added the ribbon to your soldier profile and you should see it reflected in your BFHQ shortly.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Take care,

EA Rep Fenris
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer     06/30/2007 06:16 PM
Alright, I'm confused.
Last time I asked about this, I was given the generic "you haven't fulfilled all the requirements yet" message from you guys - likely without even looking at my stats. So now I ask you this:
I have done more to try and gain my Middle East Service Ribbon than I did to get my Far East Service Ribbon. Yet the prior is not in my awards. What's the deal?

I've played on every MEC map as both US and MEC. I've played almost 15 hours as MEC - almost as much as I've played as China, and I got the Far East Service Ribbon after around 3 hours as China. I've won at least once on each MEC map.
I've done everything I did to obtain the Far East Service Ribbon and more, and STILL I don't have the Middle East one.

Can someone, without giving me a copy-pasted snippet from your list of generic answers, either confirm or deny that this ribbon is broken?

I ask this because of a rumor that it's glitched if you've played BF2:SF before you obtained it, and that you will never achieve it.

There's a ton of people on various forums that have stated they got it when they first started playing by just doing all the maps for a short time. There's others that are a high rank that still do not possess it.

PLEASE tell me what's going on with this ribbon. It's driving me nuts that it -appears- as though I have all the requirements, yet I don't have it. Can someone there look at my stats, I'll repeat that - actually LOOK at my stats - and tell me whether it's bugged or if there is some requirement that I'm missing. Because to me, it looks like I should have it. As I said, I've done everything to get the Middle East ribbon that I did to get the Far East ribbon but it's not granting me that award. The only thing I did different is play BF2:SF after I got the Far East one but before playing all the Middle East maps.

My ID is "StormsGathering" and my player # is "78795363"
And here's the screenshot to prove it:

https://www.freewebs.com/stormsgathering/MEC%20SB.JPG
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662
cool
jsnipy
+3,276|6540|...

: O

1 out of 9,567,332 customers satisfied.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6644|The Netherlands
i dont get it
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6471|Ontario, Canada
I don't know if they've completely redeemed themselves. They still got a long way to go.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

We should all e-mail EA and ask for awards.
cablecopulate
+449|6755|Massachusetts.
Congrats, you got a ribbon that doesn't require much skill by asking for it.

Last edited by cablecopulate (2007-07-02 13:52:04)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6758|OctoLand
Nice *thumbs up* to EA
I know fucking karate
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6569|Scotland
I DIDNT GET MY DAMN WCR AND GENERAL RANK, GIVE THEM TO ME!!!

lol
Addict
+8|6361|The Netherlands
lolzors good for you
LT.Victim
+1,175|6580|British Columbia, Canada
Thats a first for EA.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6464|Boulder, CO
I didn't know they could actually reach into your stats and do things like that. I should start bribing EA employees, mind you they'd probably only end up giving someone else the stats and awards by accident.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
they can add awards to your profile?

hmm....
Casartelli
No skills, just luck
+14|6167|The Netherlands
Wow Kudo for EA (just this one time!!)
Evolution1
+2|6165
I asked for a beautifull big tittied naked woman to fall out of the sky 3 days ago and it hasnt happend yet.. i should call them

Last edited by Evolution1 (2007-07-02 14:40:31)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Im actually impressed. Well done EA.

Now just fix the game, give us some more maps and we'll be happy
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6497|Somewhere else

Snake wrote:

Im actually impressed. Well done EA.

Now just fix the game, give us some more maps and we'll be happy
lol,  baby steps my friend...baby steps!
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6345|105 RVK
its a fucking ribbon
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6507|Gogledd Cymru

statwhore XD, as if you went to all that trouble for a image on your computer
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6473|the guy in the hind on gator
somone should hack ea and give all of us all the medals and such
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6183

jsnipy wrote:

: O

1 out of 9,567,332 customers satisfied.
probably not fully satisfied
cospengle
+140|6504|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Well that's nice of them to take the trouble to do that. I wonder if they could just run a script or something on teh stats database to automatically do the same of everyone else who got that bug.

BTW Why are people surprised that EA can modify your stats? They made the database...(*waits for some nub to tell me the difference between EA and DICE and Game Spy and Dave's Tyre Service*).
fabiator14
+7|6169|Normandy - France
Lucky boy !
DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6679|Farmland, England
the employee probably got fired doing this btw
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6775|06-01
that guy from EA is called Fenris, are you sure its not just Fenris_Greyclaw pulling your leg?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard