RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

Well i just got into this game agian after god knows how many years and i was wondering how to do that thing where you can import an old character into a new game, anyone know how?
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6388|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
isnt this game older then the 1st rocky movie?
']['error
Banned
+630|6641|The Netherlands
never heard of it before....
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6388|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

']['error wrote:

never heard of it before....
i think it was made a little before pacman
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6655|California
Great game, import character where?  It's the first game of the series.

You import him to BG 2...

I beat it as a druid and ranger...

one of the best d&d games there is.
Magius5.0
+106|6379|UMass Amherst
Baldurs' Gate was released in 1998 guys, it isn't THAT old for crying out loud.  I remember it was a blast when I first picked it up sometime around 1999 or so, and my bro and I actually just reinstalled it.  Only problem: the sprites have major issues due to our graphics cards.  Blargh.  Still a helluva blast, since it was so much more tactical than Neverwinter Nights, and battles against some enemies often boiled down to sheer nerve.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

BG owns face.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Sarrk wrote:

BG owns face.
Sarrk owns face, he brings the funny
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

I am not certain, but I thought you could only do that in the BG2. I'll have to check it.

/edit: I checked; you could also do it in the first version. You might wanna brwose a little through this page: http://www.vaulscastle.com/games/bg/index.htm (although the exact 'howto' should also be  described in your manual)

@the rest: C'mon the game ain't that old and for its time it was freaking awesome. In contrast to Oblivion it really gave you the idea that your characters increased in power; at low level you weren't able to stray to far or you where cooked meat. While at higher level you were the king of the back-country yet your main quest was still very challenging.

Don't miss-understand me, I really liked oblivion... but the random spawned characters aren't much of a challenge after level 5 and nobody is after level 20-30. The only thing that really change is that highway men later in the game risk their lives for some petty trifles, while themselves wearing armor worth a kingdoms (a lone robber wearing 3 different pieces of glass armour, each worth 2500+ gold pieces?).

Cheers,
R
Ps.: Reading this post makes me want to reinstall BG2
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6655|California
From what I remember, Tales o/t sword coast, is an expansion to Baldur's gate..

So there's no importing...

When you get Baldur's Gate 2 Shadow's of Amn, (Awesome) you can transfer your character to that game..

Then buy Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Baal expansion...

You'll have a good time by then.

Great gaming.

At least I thought so...

The funniest lines from gaming came from the original Baldur's Gate...

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!"

"Squeeky wheel gets the kick!"
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

i got BG 2 and its expansion but i lost the first disc for BG 2 so i cant install *facedesk*
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

Go for the eyes, Boo!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6265
The boots of speed!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
hey thats when i started SC ;p
DeltaGrey
+1|6522|Finland
Best RPG out there!

"Why dont we all just lay down and die..."
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

i never liked the start of BG 2, i hate dungeons

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2007-07-03 03:43:45)

Thoruz
+42|6323|Germany
but it's just a short dungeon with some niec stuff in the beginning

and there is an import button in the character creating screen
just put the files in your characters folder and it will show up there

BG 1 & 2 are my fav games
i think i wasted more time than bf2 on them

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-07-03 21:26:20)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6526|Belgium
To answer post #1, you should look for some BG mods. I know there the megamod (or ultramod.. something like that) which combines BG1 and 2 (with expansion(s)) into one big game. So you can play through BG1 and then keep your char for BG2. I think that might be what youre looking for.
Evil_Apu
+40|6580|Denmark
lol?
Thoruz
+42|6323|Germany

iPoon.be wrote:

To answer post #1, you should look for some BG mods. I know there the megamod (or ultramod.. something like that) which combines BG1 and 2 (with expansion(s)) into one big game. So you can play through BG1 and then keep your char for BG2. I think that might be what youre looking for.
what you are talking about is bgtutu which is a bg2 mod that enables you to play bg1 with a higher resolution like bg2 you need both games to make it work

importing a character from bg1 to bg2 was always possible just copy the files from the bg1 folder to the bg2 folder
bg1 even exports your character when you finish the game

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-07-04 07:40:27)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

i need help killing saverok(i dont know how to spell his name) any one remember how they did it?
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6818|Belgium

I asked my good friend google and he said:

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.htm … p;forum=19

Does that help you?

R
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6312

Cheez wrote:

Go for the eyes, Boo!
yep.. i love my minsk...

If i were you .. be a paladin and get the most powerful sword int he game....

CARSOMYR+5...AKA.... Holy avenger sword.. need to kill a big ass dragon called firekkan or something like that.. once you get that sword. enemies drop like flies.
Thoruz
+42|6323|Germany

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

i need help killing saverok(i dont know how to spell his name) any one remember how they did it?
get a staff that enables you to summone creatures (5000 gold in a shop somewhere in baldur's gate) summon monsters block sarevok with them kill him with ranged weapons that's how i did it (i lost 200 creatures because of the traps and resummoned everytime he killed another group that kept him busy while the rest of my party slowly killed him)

minsk is good as he is doesn't need to be a paladin
the dragon is called firkraag and you can make some nice armor out of his leftovers (i did that in chapter 2 was a bitch to kill him at this time)
and you are talking about bg2

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-07-05 08:52:23)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6233|Uk

Cheez wrote:

Go for the eyes, Boo!
fuck, i was hoping no one had said that

this is my miniature giant space hamster!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard