Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|5567|Adelaide, South Australia

Bertster7 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:


Dont you like to see people die? Even if their cartoons.
YOU KILLED THE ENDING FOR ME! I was getting the series off of a friend in one week!
Don't worry. There are two different endings. At least one of them can be a suprise for you.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I now leave this thread in the hopes of never finding another spoiler.
David.P
Banned
+649|5321

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:


YOU KILLED THE ENDING FOR ME! I was getting the series off of a friend in one week!
Don't worry. There are two different endings. At least one of them can be a suprise for you.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I now leave this thread in the hopes of never finding another spoiler.
What you did'nt know? It's like me saying darth vader is luke's father. Everyone knows so... Why cant i say it?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|5567|Adelaide, South Australia

David.Podedworny wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:


Don't worry. There are two different endings. At least one of them can be a suprise for you.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I now leave this thread in the hopes of never finding another spoiler.
What you did'nt know? It's like me saying darth vader is luke's father. Everyone knows so... Why cant i say it?
Well, I obviously didn't know! And I'll bet I'm not the only one here who didn't.
Trel
Member
+70|5724
David.P, if you want a 'grown-up' anime, watch Cowboy Bebop.  Amazing ending.

FLCL, Eureka Seven (subs for the love of god, not the terrible dubs on Cartoon network), Wolf's Rain, Evangelion, The Big O are my favs.

And I forget who said it, but it's completely true.  99% of anime is complete shit, and honestly I thought it was all stupid cartoons until I watched Bebop and Evangelion for the first time.

Always, Subs > Dubs.

And Fenris, don't worry about the spoiler.  Watch the series completely, then the movie, and you'll still go 'WTF?' at the end.
Good to be back.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|5608|Australia, NSW
full metal panic > evangelion

ive seen cowboy bebop before as well it was alright


has anyone heard of Voltron before, its really old and lame, but picking the 100s of plotholes is hilarious
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|5778|Uhh... erm...

David.Podedworny wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:


Don't worry. There are two different endings. At least one of them can be a suprise for you.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I now leave this thread in the hopes of never finding another spoiler.
What you did'nt know? It's like me saying darth vader is luke's father. Everyone knows so... Why cant i say it?
Yes, yes, we all know you're SOOOOOOO knowledgable in the field of anime. Well, I don't know about the ending. And Evangelion isn't as widespread as Star Wars is. If I go to Brazil, I'm willing to wager that they wouldn't even know what Evangelion is.

Bottom line, you generalise too much, not all anime have emo pretty boys and unstable girls, not everyone knows the ending to Evangelion. So shut up.
David.P
Banned
+649|5321

Bertster7 wrote:

Why do they often have big robots or magic? Because lots of anime is set in either fantasy or sci-fi settings, simple as that.
Dont get me wrong i like sci-fi(Especially bladerunner and akira) But i dont like giant robots to me its cheap to use that as a median it's too over used and hard to explain in most cases(Which is why evangelion was ok because it explained why they used giant robots, Which i'm not gonna spoil for grayclaw) Look at terminator and matrix, Their stories centered around humans vs machines, They told you how exactly the world came to be in their universe,(Which i'm not gonna spoil again for greyclaw) Ghost in the shell thrusts you into the story without first giving a reason why the robots exist.
The thing is i like for a director to explain the story gradually not all at once or really fast(Kinda likes pirates 2 and 3 they rushed through them to get to the last scene) And to me thats the weakness of most Anime.

If you find a show with a main character who is not depressed, Has no giant robots or magic as a median to ride the story on, Or emotionally vulnerable girls call me, Till then i'm gonna watch myself some good 'ol action movies with a decent backstory.

Tetrino wrote:

Yes, yes, we all know you're SOOOOOOO knowledgable in the field of anime. Well, I don't know about the ending. And Evangelion isn't as widespread as Star Wars is. If I go to Brazil, I'm willing to wager that they wouldn't even know what Evangelion is.

Bottom line, you generalise too much, not all anime have emo pretty boys and unstable girls, not everyone knows the ending to Evangelion. So shut up.
1. Actually i dont know much but i know enough from all the shows i've watched(And i have watched alot)

2.. Actually brazil and south america have one of the most widespread anime fanbases next to america(Ask jeeves)

3.I dont generalize too much, Give me the name of a popular show right now and i'll be right(Other then Naruto because that show pisses me off!)

4. Dont tell me to shut up please dont i could whip your ass so hard in a discussion about this if i wanted to(Which i dont because t's not worth my time arguing with people like you who think they are right all the time)

5. This is going to turn into another Me vs Them flamewar see ya.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-02 06:59:32)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|5629|SE London

David.Podedworny wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Why do they often have big robots or magic? Because lots of anime is set in either fantasy or sci-fi settings, simple as that.
Dont get me wrong i like sci-fi(Especially bladerunner and akira) But i dont like giant robots to me its cheap to use that as a median it's too over used and hard to explain in most cases(Which is why evangelion was ok because it explained why they used giant robots, Which i'm not gonna spoil for grayclaw) Look at terminator and matrix, Their stories centered around humans vs machines, They told you how exactly the world came to be in their universe,(Which i'm not gonna spoil again for greyclaw) Ghost in the shell thrusts you into the story without first giving a reason why the robots exist.
The thing is i like for a director to explain the story gradually not all at once or really fast(Kinda likes pirates 2 and 3 they rushed through them to get to the last scene) And to me thats the weakness of most Anime.

If you find a show with a main character who is not depressed, Has no giant robots or magic as a median to ride the story on, Or emotionally vulnerable girls call me, Till then i'm gonna watch myself some good 'ol action movies with a decent backstory.
I don't see thrusting you into a world without any explanation to it as a flaw. They focus on developing the relative narrative. In the case of the Ghost in the Shell series' there is no need to explain anything, since it is not directly related to the plot - in Terminator they need to explain a bit more because it concerns alterations to the timeline, thus is essential to the plot (the same with the Matrix, it needed to be explained to Neo, so doing it diegetically made sense). If directors spent all their time explaining stuff that isn't directly relevant, there'd be no time left for developing the narrative. I prefer stuff to be implied, yet left unsaid, especially when it comes to backstory.

Lupin the Third stuff has no giant robots, magic or that lot (the occasional vulnerable girl, but not always - Fujiko certainly doesn't count as a vulnerable girl, so none of the main characters). Street Fighter 2 the animated movie, is another decent example.
jetxburned
Member
+8|5263
A little late to this post I am.
Let's see ...

Elfen lied
Ergo proxy
FLCL
Noein
Fullmetal alchemist
green green
Spirited away
Ghost in the shell: SAC
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Beebop

I used to watch naruto and bleach, but dammit I can't take all the fillers. It seems the shortest animes are always the best. Elfen lied and ergo proxy are the best animes I've seen to date. Btw, if you're watching these shows in english, you're really missing out. Fansubs are the best.
I suggest http://www.otaku-station.com/

Last edited by jetxburned (2007-08-06 16:01:14)

Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|5801|Florida, United States
Just Bleach. Starting watching it on adult swim.

Oh yea and there's one that I saw couple months ago called S-Cry-ed on Adult swim also.

Last edited by Xblade-3o5- (2007-08-06 15:56:44)

Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|5526|Vancouver, USA
No
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|5344|Bloomington Indiana
the kenshin series is ok.
i watched Hellsing all the way through once...never really watched anime after those too....

ums..cowboy beebop too

Last edited by Schwarzelungen (2007-08-06 15:59:19)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,920|5679|949

Just saw Ghost In the Shell 2 (Innocence) last night.  I liked the first one better.
David.P
Banned
+649|5321

Cobra4545 wrote:

No
https://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/11/scarface_million.jpg


Come on i had to!

And

https://www.qwantz.com/fanart/anime.PNG

I dont wanna turn into one of them again.(Long story DBZ related)

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by David.P (2007-08-06 16:49:38)

Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|5526|Vancouver, USA
LOL, David. Nice pics/post.  +1

BTW, I am still not going to watch anime
Redratson
Member
+2|5640

thareaper254 wrote:

If you like anime I suggest you check out Elfen Lied, here's a trailer. Not that great, but it shows what it is about sort of.

*WARNING* There are cartoon nipples. EDIT: Also a lot of gore.
Okay a couple things
1. That one scared the $#%$in chit out of me.
2. Even though it did it look so freakin awesome
3. I have been watchin bleach and Naruto more or less but Im startin to like Blood Trinity

Last edited by Redratson (2007-08-07 06:04:13)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5809

fuck no
David.P
Banned
+649|5321

Cobra4545 wrote:

LOL, David. Nice pics/post.  +1

BTW, I am still not going to watch anime
Lol thx! Who needs anime when you have Action packed, Blood rushing, Adrenaline pumping films at home?
ReverKeenan
Too much mythos
+0|5494
One Anime freak here, my personal faforites One Piece, Elfen Lied, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach and list just goes on, but allmost anything goes.
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|5167
use to watch pokemans and dbz
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|5701
Posting in this thread to prevent Generic Search Replies.


I've watched a fuckload of TV shows since I got a rapidshare account, so i figured it might be worth giving anime a try. Death Note was awesome, Haruhi was great, Evangelion was good despite the lack of an actual ending and the fact that you need to have read the bible to understand it. Most of them, however, I just can't enjoy. They're either immature, oversexed, or for pedophiles, none of which make for particularly good TV. I'm still looking around for some good animes, but those are almost impossible to find as they're drowning in a sea of fail and shonen-fans. Shonen? wut? ANIME FOR KIDS. That includes Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball z, et al.

I like the idea of anime, I like the japanese style, but I'm not going to let that turn a bad TV show into a good one. Just compare your average anime character to Gregory House: do you see them paling? It's because House is fucking awesome.

frustration somewhat vented.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|5527|Sheffield-England

Mitch wrote:

anime porn, yes.
Sicko
PspRpg-7
-
+961|5745

Naruto annoys me...The only anime I like is Cowboy Bebop, and a couple of others...But those shows from Japan with the pointless sex, the retarded gore is just...stupid. I can't stand it.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2008-01-18 13:29:03)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|5701

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Naruto annoys me...The only anime I like is Cowboy Bebop, and a couple of others...But those shows from Japan with the pointless sex, the retarded gore is just...stupid. I can't stand it.
completely forgot about cowboy bebop D: It's good, but I really don't like how every episode is one story in itself.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5047|...
anime is gayness entering the body XD
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard