Inimicus_7
+26|6352|England, UK
For all of you whining about the 'No commanding & fighting rule', the =SFV= server opporates that. Too many times, have we been all sat there, yelling in chat at our commander to give us a UAV to help us attack a well defended flag, asking for him to spot enemy's that are sneaking down to cap flags behind, us and nothing absolutely nothing, because he's too busy being dead or "fighting" and getting 1337 amounts of point0zzzzzzzzz.
We let the commander defend, he may clay up a point such a suburb and camp with the sniper for the whole round, killing the occasional enemy who attempts to cap it.

But honesty commanders who fight, in my experience just end up pissing the rest of the team off but not doing anything useful besides giving themselves supply drops when they've ran out of grenades, or UAV'ing the one person they are trying to kill.

I hate commanders in general.
LordBF2
Banned
+3|6138|Kentucky

Bobthebuilder13337 wrote:

Please someone tell me how to get points as a commander....? Is it just time you stay commander?
play on a small server with 32 guys or less , longer game but more points and double if you win and you're scored by how many points your team get divided by the numbers of players.
senor_fulff
+25|6750|Yorkshire, UK.
Do
Your
Feckin'
Job
Properly
Ratzinger
+43|6383|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

RoosterCantrell wrote:

"Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted""Enemy Infantry spotted"

is not useful for your team.  Point enemy out, but keep it reasonable.
Because showing your team the location of EVERY ENEMY SOLDIER ON THE MAP is a BAD thing......
JaggedPanther
+61|6464
When your team starts winning; STOP USING ARTY.

You don't get points for using arty and it takes points away from your team, thus your final score tally.
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6142|Some Pub in Valletta
Yeah every time you use arty/supplybox/vehicledrop/uav/satellitescan it takes one point of your com points.... duh nob
fabiator14
+7|6142|Normandy - France

xXCortoMalteseXx wrote:

Yeah every time you use arty/supplybox/vehicledrop/uav/satellitescan it takes one point of your com points.... duh nob
did not know that ! thanks !
Drexel
+43|6467|Philadelphia
I see a lot of commanding myths running throughout in this post.

1.  You do NOT get extra (see point 2) points for kills made that you spot/UAV.
2.  You get commander points in the amount of:  each point earned/how many people are alive at the time.
     -- Thus if an infantry gets a kill and there are 28 people alive on your team at the time, you get  2/28 or  1/14th of a command point.
         Same server someone gets a kill later and there are 16 people alive at the time, you get 2/16 or 1/8th a command point.
3.  Only the command points are the ones that double at the end of the round, NO teamwork or combat points get doubled.
4.  You don't get points while commander for kills/supplies/repairs, however they are recorded and added to your account.

So if you think about it, it's better to be commander on a server with a few players because of the way the scoring is calculated.  A kill with 8 people on your team gives 1/4th a point where 1 kill on a full 64 map gives 1/16th a point.  Plus, with a smaller player base, more flags are capped, giving even more points out.

And yes, using arty actually hurts your score.  Use it only when you need to to provide the largest possible score.  Just make sure you don't lose.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-07-02 07:47:44)

{RR}Broccoli
+0|6135
And yes, using arty actually hurts your score.  Use it only when you need to to provide the largest possible score.  Just make sure you don't lose.
Really? I have never heard that before.  As in "fire the artillery at cost of one point" and not "you might hit your team-mates so don't"? (Though I admit I probably wouldn't notice in game if it did.)

Though translating that advice into "never use artillery" is a little weak.  Unless the server is one of the "don't do this don't do that" type places, artillery on the enemy commander or dummies waiting for helos/aircraft is likely to get one or two kills.  And taking out the commander for 20 seconds is always worthwhile.

Last edited by {RR}Broccoli (2007-07-02 09:11:50)

Drexel
+43|6467|Philadelphia
Never said not to use arty (least I didn't mean it).  I could give a rats ass about my score.   I use it every chance I get.

I'm just saying that if you are that gun-ho about getting the most possible score you can get, using arty will hurt that.  Those 3 guys you kill per strike is three less your team kills, plus the teamwork points you're guys get for reviving, resupplying, recapping the flag they just took.  Plus, if they kill some of your team, you'll get even more points if your team kills them while the others are dead.  So if you kill those guys less points coming your way.

This is an extreme, you must understand.  I personally don't know anyone who plays like this, and only condone it if you are that desperate for command points.  (Though I admit, I purposefully "forget" to inform my team of a soldier going to cap a flag if their team is losing bad.)

Last edited by Drexel (2007-07-03 08:42:21)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6143|what

Sig
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jlspence
+4|6657

Drexel wrote:

This is an extreme, you must understand.  I personally don't know anyone who plays like this, and only condone it if you are that desperate for command points.  (Though I admit, I purposefully "forget" to inform my team of a soldier going to cap a flag if their team is losing bad.)
I "forget" things like that too, not for the points, but because I've been on the side getting my butt kicked.  No need to make it worse by completely shutting them out or dropping arty on them.  The game's a lot more fun for me when there's competition.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard