Icetoocool
+2|6116|Devon England
I have recently purchased a logitech 3d pro joystick can anyone recommened the best config for flying jets etc.
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6131
Ah, the same as mine then. Well i use "button1" as the primary fire button or for the machinegun. Button 2 (the thumb button) as the secondary fire button for missiles and bombs. Throttle yeah guess. Buttun 3 to toggle bombs and button 4 to toggle missiles. Button 6 for afterburners and button 5 for countermeasures. Thats my config anyways works pretty kewl.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

FarBeyondReality wrote:

Ah, the same as mine then. Well i use "button1" as the primary fire button or for the machinegun. Button 2 (the thumb button) as the secondary fire button for missiles and bombs. Throttle yeah guess. Buttun 3 to toggle bombs and button 4 to toggle missiles. Button 6 for afterburners and button 5 for countermeasures. Thats my config anyways works pretty kewl.
No camera changes?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

What are countermeasures?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Ryan wrote:

What are countermeasures?
FLARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6131

NooBesT wrote:

No camera changes?
Nah, you can set them at the little stick on the top of the joystick if you wish, ive just not configurered it totaly, just the basic flight+kill funtions i guess.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6240|Germany, NRW
this is my configuration and i can really recommend it. i play with it for now over 100 hours...

https://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8519/joystickconfigurationzv1.jpg
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6238
Same as first post but bind enemy spotted key to button 2
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6131

Roughshod wrote:

this is my configuration and i can really recommend it. i play with it for now over 100 hours...

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8519 … ionzv1.jpg
Woah. But having secondary fire on the little "nob" then you have to move your thumb (im guessing you're using that) quite a far way. Wouldnt it also be better to have the views set to the little "nob" instead so that when you let go of it, it defaults back to the cockpit? (I think it does that anyway) Isnt it also easier to have all the things around the same area instead of spread out? I find it easier to just use one hand and having it all close by so I dont have to move much during a heat situation.
Icetoocool
+2|6116|Devon England
Do you use the twist for roll.
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6240|Germany, NRW

FarBeyondReality wrote:

Woah. But having secondary fire on the little "nob" then you have to move your thumb (im guessing you're using that) quite a far way. Wouldnt it also be better to have the views set to the little "nob" instead so that when you let go of it, it defaults back to the cockpit? (I think it does that anyway) Isnt it also easier to have all the things around the same area instead of spread out? I find it easier to just use one hand and having it all close by so I dont have to move much during a heat situation.
I am happy with this configuration and as i already said i use it for now over 100 hours. i use both hands to fly because i have a better control to the joystick then. for my hands it is no far way to this little "nob" like you call it. i just pull it down to release bombs or fire missile and i primary use the MG to kill helo's or jets and not the missiles, because if you hear the "beep beep beep" you instantly try to evade but if you only fly with "bombs chosen" the enemy is not alerted by the alarm. if you are good and your enemy is not that experienced you may get them down <1 second. so i dont have to let my thumb permanently on the "nub"
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

Damn that just makes it more complex than using a mouse and a keyboard.
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6131

Roughshod wrote:

I am happy with this configuration and as i already said i use it for now over 100 hours. i use both hands to fly because i have a better control to the joystick then. for my hands it is no far way to this little "nob" like you call it. i just pull it down to release bombs or fire missile and i primary use the MG to kill helo's or jets and not the missiles, because if you hear the "beep beep beep" you instantly try to evade but if you only fly with "bombs chosen" the enemy is not alerted by the alarm. if you are good and your enemy is not that experienced you may get them down <1 second. so i dont have to let my thumb permanently on the "nub"
Hm, gonna give your config a try sometime in SP mode just to try it out. Since I could only judge from what I saw from the picture but different people are comfortable with different configs I guess
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6240|Germany, NRW

rabee2789b wrote:

Damn that just makes it more complex than using a mouse and a keyboard.
yes i thought so before i had a joystick, too. but since i have one i don't ever want to fly without one

FarBeyondReality wrote:

Hm, gonna give your config a try sometime in SP mode just to try it out. Since I could only judge from what I saw from the picture but different people are comfortable with different configs I guess
correct.
CrapHand
+6|6097|Dominican Republic
Check this out:

http://addicted-2-games.com/modules.php … =6027#6027

That's my config, it works like a charm.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6566|Michigan, USA

CrapHand wrote:

Check this out:

http://addicted-2-games.com/modules.php … =6027#6027

That's my config, it works like a charm.
Crap, sorry to tell you this, but you gotta be a member in order to view posts on our forums.  Not to helpful to have to register to see it

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-07-19 21:22:33)

CrapHand
lol i didn't know that. Well i should make the same post here
CrapHand

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard