buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6462|Stealth City, UK

daffytag wrote:

I beleive the heat sink is installed correctly. Its the one supplied with the processor, I followed the instructions and each leg clicked like the manual said it should.
Is there something on the old HD that you really need?

You can always get a better SATAII HD use that as the one you install the OS on and then use your old one as another storage device?

The new hard drive will be much better than the old anyway.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595

buLLet_t00th wrote:

daffytag wrote:

I beleive the heat sink is installed correctly. Its the one supplied with the processor, I followed the instructions and each leg clicked like the manual said it should.

You can always get a better SATAII HD use that as the one you install the OS on and then use your old one as another storage device?

No the old HDD is completley formated. Apart from the dvd drive and the hdd everything else is new.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

daffytag wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

daffytag wrote:

No the old HDD is completley formated. Apart from the dvd drive and the hdd everything else is new.
Have you tried changing the BIOS so that the SATA drive is seen in IDE mode? Have a look in the manual if you don't know where to do it, also see if you can see where the SATA leads should be plugged in. Sometimes there are problems with the ASUS controlled SATA ports so try the Intel controlled ports?
Whitey
+2|6164

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Whitey wrote:

No, I had a 200W PSU and my rig woulnt work cuz it was underpowered.
200W and 700W are slighgtly different....can you guess how?
Stop being so patronising dipshit. Im saying that the setup he has MIGHT demand too much power from his PSU. LIKE it did with my 200W in my old PC. But, acording to you im wrong.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

Whitey wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Whitey wrote:

No, I had a 200W PSU and my rig woulnt work cuz it was underpowered.
Stop being so patronising dipshit. Im saying that the setup he has MIGHT demand too much power from his PSU. LIKE it did with my 200W in my old PC. But, acording to you im wrong.
Because of what you say this guy might go out and buy a 1000watt PSU for no reason at all.

Its nothing personal mate but its happened on here before.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Whitey wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Because of what you say this guy might go out and buy a 1000watt PSU for no reason at all.

Luckily im not too much of a noob, I know my psu is enough. The gpu recommends 600w for a single gpu and 700w for sli. I only have 1 gpu so im fine.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6512|N. Ireland
Definetely sounds like a drive problem. Run 'Boot and Nuke' on the drive (it will {completely irreversibly) remove every piece of data from your drive).
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595
Found my heatsink and fan for cpu was not secured properly, is this a likely cause for my problem?
Kashmir
The J-10 is my J-10
+39|6712

daffytag wrote:

Found my heatsink and fan for cpu was not secured properly, is this a likely cause for my problem?
yup. i would say that this is the problem
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

daffytag wrote:

What make is it?
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6674|Cambridge, England

daffytag wrote:

yep if the thermal grease is all messed up it would probably be  a good i dea to rmove it and apply a spall amount on, just to make sure, not too much though just a small dot of it in the middle.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

jimmanycricket wrote:

daffytag wrote:

yep if the thermal grease is all messed up it would probably be  a good i dea to rmove it and apply a spall amount on, just to make sure, not too much though just a small dot of it in the middle.
If the heatsink is on but not tight, then thats not the problem. I think what leetkyle said was the problem. Do what he said.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-01 13:41:01)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6595

buLLet_t00th wrote:

daffytag wrote:

What make is it?
Its the heat sink and fan supplied with the cpu (e6600 c2d).
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

daffytag wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

daffytag wrote:

What make is it?
Its the heat sink and fan supplied with the cpu (e6600 c2d).
Was it just a little bit loose? As long as there is some contact then its fine. Thats not your problem though.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6679|The darkside of Denver

daffytag wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Whitey wrote:

Luckily im not too much of a noob, I know my psu is enough. The gpu recommends 600w for a single gpu and 700w for sli. I only have 1 gpu so im fine.
Where do you all get these specs from???

straight from newegg... copied and pasted from the hardware specifications tab for the EVGA 8800gtx....

Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.)
sjohn58
+-1|6582
A buddy of mine, had the same problem.
All he had to do was get Windows XP with SP2.
You will not get XP to load with out SP2.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/sjohn46/stat3.jpg[/img]
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

daffytag wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Where do you all get these specs from???

straight from newegg... copied and pasted from the hardware specifications tab for the EVGA 8800gtx....

Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.)
Where do we 'all'? its just that Whitey bloke who has no knowledge what so ever!

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-02 09:56:53)

BluRR33
+27|6407|Sweden
im helpless
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6704|West Yorkshire, U.K
Do you have an card reader installed, sometimes this can be recognosed as a drive.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6512|N. Ireland
I had heatsink troubles too. You'd think when you click it all in, it is actually in - but apparently not..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard