Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but here goes.

Awhile back, I was hearing people on this forum say they hate PETA, but I'm not sure why.
Could you guys give me some insight as to why you don't like this organization?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I hear lots of people hate Al Qaeda, but I'm not sure why.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina
..because they behave like idiots to promote their message....

I think animal rights are a noble idea, but as of late, human rights have become a much greater issue.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL

Ryan wrote:

Awhile back, I was hearing people on this forum say they hate PETA, but I'm not sure why.
they spend time trying to save squirrels, even though people are being massacred around the globe.

they take isolated incidents and make gore-fest movies about them, but imply that all meat plants are that way.

they're hippies, and we hate hippies.

they refuse to consider other points of view.

they want to take away my happy meal

oh, and they're hippies...

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2007-06-30 11:43:06)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

bc they would kill you to save a mouse from dieing

they throw all this proganda bullshit out there
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

I have a problem with extremist of any kind. They tend to shove shit in your face.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6616|Camoran's Paradise
One example:

Barnum Baily Circus came here.  Three ring big top, everything.  They staged a protest outside of the courthouse because of the circus animals.  They did the usual throw blood buy they also had a few people strip naked and lock themselves in cages; all because they think that an elephant (that lives better than a lot of people) in captivity is cruelty.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-06-30 11:45:52)

Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
they're terrorists, they're hypocrites, and animal liberation is fucking stupid.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Kmarion wrote:

I have a problem with extremist of any kind. They tend to shove shit in your face.
That was kinda what I was aiming at.
Ryan

Reciprocity wrote:

and animal liberation is fucking stupid.
But it's a good cause, you know. They are trying to save animals, but from what I've heard, they do it in a pathetic way.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6597|Sea to globally-cooled sea

S.Lythberg wrote:

Ryan wrote:

they spend time trying to save squirrels, even though people are being massacred around the globe.

they take isolated incidents and make gore-fest movies about them, but imply that all meat plants are that way.

they're hippies, and we hate hippies.

they refuse to consider other points of view.

they want to take away my happy meal

oh, and they're hippies...
QFE!!  I love it!!

They esteem animals higher than people.

They're libs.  They're for the ethical treatment of animals, but they're pro-choice.

they're anti-gun

they're libs.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

I think animal rights are a noble idea, but as of late, human rights have become a much greater issue.
All animals and humans have rights.  We should learn to respect all of them.  I think people don't like PETA or Greenpeace because they act in an extremist way in many senses, and then you have the WWF which IMO is the best organization in the World when it comes to animal rights and biodiversity conservation.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-06-30 11:48:27)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
We don't necessarly hate the idea, we hate the hippy tree hugging activist liberals who lie to kids about the facts of what is really going on, and the kids who sign up thinking they know what there talking about because some guy with a tiedie shirt and a pony tail told them about some real cruel things.
15 more years! 15 more years!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL

Ryan wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

But it's a good cause, you know. They are trying to save animals, but from what I've heard, they do it in a pathetic way.
lol, It reminds me of an episode of Pinky & the Brain where PETA guys "rescued" them and set them free in the wild.

obviously, captively raised animals have no survival skills, so freeing them would be even worse for them.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6597|Sea to globally-cooled sea
ps--i love cute little animals

...especially in a good gravy
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Ryan wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

animal liberation means no meat, no animal testing,  no pets, no seeing eye dogs. animals are allowed to run around completely free and we aren't allowed to have any influence or impact on them.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6267|Bloomington Indiana
change it to the People for the Eating of Tasty Animals and im ok

ive seen some pretty ridiculous protests by them...and they generally seem to care about animals more than humans..thats why i hate them
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6497|Milkystania, yurop
I love my chinchillas <3
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Good cause, stupid ways of promoting it. In an essence, they're making it worse for the very thing they're trying to help, by acting like idiots. That's why.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-06-30 11:53:08)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I'm all for environmentalist causes and ethical treatment of anything, but I don't care for the people who think they've had an epiphany when they finally realize it. They also tend to be more political than I like to see. Save the rainforest, endangered animals, whatever. It goes without saying, really.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w58/weirdowadlow/9403c10b.jpg

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/SweetMelissaJaso/TommyPETA.jpg

Let me point this out ^^^^^^^ he has a leather belt on hmmmmmmmmm where does leather come from

https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Heatflames/pampeta.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Baywatch is cancealed and no movie offers, better think of something to pay the bills 

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/tentacos/joannakrupa2-large-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would rather you go naked too thxs

https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/tash_6969/peta.jpg

Sex sells ----- even if its for soem dumbass organization ......... can't wait to see what the ACLU will pull out

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2007-06-30 12:03:19)

Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6655|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
well peta all in all is a bunch of liberals and im am a republican
1 peta all in all wants to get guns out of our hands
2 they stupid stars that do it for the publicity
3 they say they protect animals but they did recently get 31 counts of felonys crultity to animals did they not
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Ryan

That reminds me, on MTV, a PETA member was talking about this celebrity who supported PETA. A month later, she was wearing fur,
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

All animals and humans have rights.  We should learn to respect all of them.  I think people don't like PETA or Greenpeace because they act in an extremist way in many senses, and then you have the WWF which IMO is the best organization in the World when it comes to animal rights and biodiversity conservation.
Well, I agree with that.  It's just that I think human rights are a greater issue.  We can never hope to treat animals humanely if we can't first treat each other that way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard