Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873
What myths can you dispel?

The Bullet explodes a gas tank.

Dead horse on your leg that  pins you down.

Hiding behind a car door in gun fight.

As a youth, I tested the Exploding gas tank with a Rifle Round  ( Rounds ) Tracers too.
And couldn't get a 5 gal. Jerry can to light up. 5 gals of gas can really torch a garbage dump it seems.
but that's another story.

I have had a Horse on my leg Ala " TRUE GRIT " and  " ROB ROY " and found I could slip out easy.

Maybe if he had a different rig on it would off hooked on something? Didnt seem like it.
He was a big boy too and he lived so frett not.
He gave me this look like " now your mad at me, right? " I was like " its cool, be cool  "
and I didn't even spill my coffee !

I can drink coffe at any gait, but Firing from a moving horse is pretty tuff.
I mean actually hitting a target. I had to get like less than 6 feet.

I have had the pleasure of shooting the shit out of tons of house hold objects and you'd be surprised what a bullet will pass through, Even soft point hunting rounds. Ball ammo more so.

Auto engines, Cinder blocks, 1/2 plate steel ( leaving large holes 4 times the diameter of the bullet itself )
Note,  all at 100 yards or less

on the other hand small saplings 1 1/2 inches will ( sometimes ) deflect a bullet 45 degrees.

Glass too. Bullets can skip off snow.

Arrows to are pretty deadly I have had them pass right through Hay bales and go a pretty long way.

My girl friend tells me real horror stories about life after a organ transplant. I always thought you were all set. Apparently not, its more like you trade one debilitating disease for another.

I also thought that Canada had this great health care system we should adopt post haste on michael moore's say so . But apparently many many Canadians ( other nations as well ) travel to the USA to seek medical attention.

It would be interesting to here other stories.
If its ok with RedFoxster...lol
Tarasque
+0|6755|Norway
yeeeeeha :p

Healtcare system in canada is top notch and a lot simmilar to the norwegian. However you can buy better treatment in the US as with everything
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6807|AUS, Canberra
we tried to replicate the one where a person fires a bullet at an old bath tub thats upright with inside facing you and the bullet does a loop around and comes back and hits the person!!

it could prob happen under the right conditions but it didnt work for us.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873

Tarasque wrote:

Healtcare system in canada is top notch and a lot simmilar to the norwegian. However you can buy better treatment in the US as with everything
really? how much better? it must be alot better to pay those medical bills instead of getting it for free?
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
+25|6786|Maine, MA, and PJ concerts
The gas can exploding can be done...all you need is a metal gas tank/can.  The bullet upon puncturing the tank will cause a lot of heat as well as a spark which can ignite gas vapors causing an explosion.  Not sure how big/powerful the "explosion" would be however.  Plastic containers will not work.

On another note...There have been some instances when a spark from getting out your car at a gas station has caused the vapors to ignite.  Saw this on the news once.  Wasn't a large explosion but only a small gas fire.

-Teebs
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873

Teebaggs1 wrote:

The gas can exploding can be done...all you need is a metal gas tank/can.  The bullet upon puncturing the tank will cause a lot of heat as well as a spark which can ignite gas vapors causing an explosion.  Not sure how big/powerful the "explosion" would be however.  Plastic containers will not work.

On another note...There have been some instances when a spark from getting out your car at a gas station has caused the vapors to ignite.  Saw this on the news once.  Wasn't a large explosion but only a small gas fire.

-Teebs
Sorry..

Jerry can, metal, sealed tight, bam bam bamm bamm ....didnt happen...

the Cars I have seen "light up" where usaully oil on a hot exuast manifold. so a bullet into an engine block would do well it seems.
dalfiuss
+1|6867
The Mythbusters TV show actually did both the gas tank and car door myths.

Both were completely busted, they pumped a ton of every caliber of round through a metal car gas tank, and it would not ignite.  They also fired a large assorment of rounds through a car door to find the rounds massacred the inside of the car, some going through both doors and out the otherside.

They did get the gas tank to ignite with tracer rounds, but only at a longer distance (due to the distant required on their subdued tracers).
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
Umm sorry

(the following is from a TV show called Mythbusters.  They tried to explode a gas tank twice...the first test was not confirmed...the second, posted below was confirmed).

From: http://kwc.org/blog/archives/2005/2005- … ted_2.html

Exploding Gas Tank

Myth: a car can explode when the gas tank is shot (original car capers episode summary)

Error according to viewers: they should have used tracer rounds, even though the Hollywood myth they were busting didn't involve tracer rounds. Tracer rounds contain phosphorous that glows when the bullet flies through the air.

revisited

Added note: tracer rounds are illegal... unless you can get the FBI to help out with your test.

New setup: They used .223 tracer rounds and shot into a gas tank at a firing range.
Results

Jamie unloaded a clip into the tank and couldn't get it to explode. Then four of them unloaded on the tank simultaneously and couldn't get it to explode.

revisited

Jamie decided the tank was too close and had the tank moved 50 ft back to give the phosphorous more time to ignite. This time, after several rounds, the tank ignited. It didn't explode, perhaps because the tank was riddled with holes, but the gas inside caught on fire.

revisited revisited

confirmed (separate myth from the original, though)

Yes they used tracer rounds which are illegal in most areas BUT they proved that a bullet can indeed explode a gas tank.

NEXT:

http://www.esdjournal.com/static/hoxie.htm

Need I say more?

-Teebs

ps..thx for playing

Last edited by Teebaggs1 (2005-12-17 12:51:12)

dalfiuss
+1|6867
Teebaggs, you are retarded.

You said, "The gas can exploding can be done...all you need is a metal gas tank/can.  The bullet upon puncturing the tank will cause a lot of heat as well as a spark which can ignite gas vapors causing an explosion.  Not sure how big/powerful the "explosion" would be however.  Plastic containers will not work."

Horseman said his experiment was set up as you had suggested and didn't work.

You then bring up the Mythbusters experiment to try to debunk him, but the Mythbusters experiment that somewhat succeeded was not set up like how you suggested AT ALL.

Stop being a dumb fuck.

Last edited by dalfiuss (2005-12-17 12:56:45)

Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6813|Kansas, USA
Hmm...you say that snow can deflect a bullet, but a car door cannot? I always thought police were trained to be behind the door with the door at about a 45 degree angle. In any case, it gives the other guy a smaller, visible target.

And the gas tank thing, it's the gas vapors that are dangerous. In liquid form gas is much more stable. Any test should be conducted with only partially filled containers. In any case, I think it would be very unlikely for a gas tank to explode.
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member

dalfiuss wrote:

Teebaggs, you are retarded.

You said, "The gas can exploding can be done...all you need is a metal gas tank/can.  The bullet upon puncturing the tank will cause a lot of heat as well as a spark which can ignite gas vapors causing an explosion.  Not sure how big/powerful the "explosion" would be however.  Plastic containers will not work."

Horseman said his experiment was set up as you had suggested and didn't work.

You then bring up the Mythbusters experiment to try to debunk him, but the Mythbusters experiment that somewhat succeeded was not set up like how you suggested AT ALL.

Stop being a dumb fuck.
Ok dipshit...let the flaming begin..
The original facking post was, and I quote:  "What myths can you dispel?  The Bullet explodes a gas tank?"  Now I admit, my first post was not 100% correct, but the underlining hypothesis was dead right.  A bullet can in fact cause a gas tank to ignite/explode.

Now, reread this fucktard:  http://kwc.org/blog/archives/2005/2005- … ted_2.html

Mythbusters confirmed it can happen...period!  Thats all I was dispelling...is that hard to understand?

Now...for your post.  I'm probably retarded, yes...but if I've proven you wrong...u must be what?  hmm...not sure there. 
Horseman must be a scientist?  Cause you seem to like his test more than a professional shows' test (which I must add again, was confirmed).  Now I ask you, how can I be a dumb fuck as you have asserted, when I have only produced fact.  A bullet can cause a tank to explode (albiet not a powerful one)(and using a tracer round).

Why is it that 12 year old bastard children have to come on here throwing around big words like "you're retarded" and "you're a dumb fuck" to try and make their points legit?  Try doing some research and then tell your parents to use better birth control next time, ok?

You've just been teebagged.

-Teebs

Last edited by Teebaggs1 (2005-12-17 13:25:51)

[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6823|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
https://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9151/emily6ri.th.jpg
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6749|Norway

Horseman 77 wrote:

Tarasque wrote:

really? how much better? it must be alot better to pay those medical bills instead of getting it for free?
Don't know about Canada, but norwegians don't pay for hospital. (unless, of course, one decides to go to a private clinic)

Peace and Love
WildBlueYonder
+0|6775|New Brunswick Canada

Horseman 77 wrote:

Tarasque wrote:

not necessarily better but FASTER, in canada you WILL get treated no matter your social/fiscal standing.... EVENTUALLY, but if you have the $$$ then you can go to the states and cough up for virtually immediate treatement. Problem with canadian health is the waiting lists for certain procedures
First
+3|6756|Canada
Canadian medical care is nice and all but docters here in Canada can only make a certain amount of $ a year so all the good docters go hey wtf em i doing here making only 50,000 a year where in the states they can make as much money as they can
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6882
Actually to blow a gas can up is quite possible, but the way most peopel do it as it was said before are done using filled and pessured gas in liqid form. Now if it were to work you need enough oxygen to fuel the fire. While most gasses have oxygen in them it isn't enough to ingite.

If you use a half full can, in gas form on a very hot day 100F or 40C with a very powerful weapon (not in calibre as in powerful shot) should do it. A hornet (I forget the technical name) can do quite a bit of damage and if you hit it at about 75 yards it should set it off. Basically when most bullets peace soemthing pessureised the gas comes out and therefore no oxygen no explosion.
A moer powefrul shot should put a hole big enough to cause the air to be sucked in as well as the gas t go out, now in the time the bullets gest to the other side (depending on the psi) it should have enough oxygen tolight it up once it busts out the other side. Usually the friction of the bullets tearing through the tank should do it, eithr that or the scraping of the bulletys causing a spark.
For this ti properly work you'd need soemthign over 75psi preferably 100psi if your magicaly enough to get a tank that can hold it.

Simply put: Gas + High pressure + Hot day = Very unstable tank

Unstable Tank + High powered bullet + Adique oxygen = Big bang!
THA
+609|6807|AUS, Canberra
Teebaggs1 wrote : Why is it that 12 year old bastard children have to come on here throwing around big words like "you're retarded" and "you're a dumb fuck" to try and make their points legit?

and also wrote : reread this fucktard

what your saying then is that your a 12 year old bastard child?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873
no one liked the Horse thing ?
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member
Teebaggs1 wrote : Why is it that 12 year old bastard children have to come on here throwing around big words like "you're retarded" and "you're a dumb fuck" to try and make their points legit?

Umm...sure...whatever bro.  If that makes you feel better.

ps...you're cool!  (and funny)

I'm glad to see you added a ton of info to this discussion...thx.

Last edited by Teebaggs1 (2005-12-17 19:00:39)

THA
+609|6807|AUS, Canberra

Teebaggs1 wrote:

wow that was a realy crappy comeback!!!!!
you prob would have been better off not replying to my post.....
Teebaggs1
X-LG Member

the_heart_attack wrote:

Teebaggs1 wrote:

wow that was a realy crappy comeback!!!!!
you prob would have been better off not replying to my post.....
Let's not turn this into a "my sack is hairier then your sack" thread.  You stated nothing interesting in your post, so I posted nothing interesting in mine.  All you meant to do was make a post to try and outwit, be clever, pat yourself on the back and say to yourself "wow...I'm pretty damn good!!!!."  So, go ahead and pat yourself on the back...you rule! you're the God of the internet forum, blah blah blah.  Try posting something that adds a little to the discussion next time or leave your condesending comments out.
Peace.

-Teebs
THA
+609|6807|AUS, Canberra

Teebaggs1 wrote:

Now, reread this fucktard:  http://kwc.org/blog/archives/2005/2005- … ted_2.html

Why is it that 12 year old bastard children have to come on here throwing around big words like "you're retarded" and "you're a dumb fuck" to try and make their points legit?  Try doing some research and then tell your parents to use better birth control next time, ok?

no i was pointing out the fact that you use the same sort of mentality in your post that you say is for 12 year old bastards, then you add your little teebagged comment at the end to signify that you won some little battle in your mind, when really all you did is let your emotions take over and try to  quote " make your point legit ".

news flash....you fucked up, deal with it, dont get the cranks over it.

but back on topic please

you have just been hearted attackeded....ed
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6749|Norway

the_heart_attack wrote:

Teebaggs1 wrote:

no i was pointing out the fact that you use the same sort of mentality in your post that you say is for 12 year old bastards, then you add your little teebagged comment at the end to signify that you won some little battle in your mind, when really all you did is let your emotions take over and try to  quote " make your point legit ".

news flash....you fucked up, deal with it, dont get the cranks over it.

but back on topic please

you have just been hearted attackeded....ed
Hehe... "heart attackeded...ed" now that's a word you don't hear every day

Let this dead horse die, which thankfully 77's didn't - although if it had busted a leg or something you could have cured it with a gunshot wound
Just ask Larry the Cable Guy...

Peace and Love
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6818

uhm....you guys scare me
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6799

bad thing about Canadian Healthcare are waiting lines.

"Thank you for coming to Lion's Gate Hospital. We are sorry for the delay but due to the massive number of operations needed, we have scheduled your appendix removal surgery for February 18, 2014."

I went to a private hospital instead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard