Operation Road Rage39%39% - 28
Midnight Sun5%5% - 4
Operation Harvast30%30% - 22
none - bought AF, don't play2%2% - 2
n/a - don't have AF21%21% - 15
Total: 71
slydawggiex916
+0|6195
Our server continues to go from regular BF2, SF, and trying AF right now.  We have all of the AF maps in rotation right now.  What are your thoughts on the maps in AF?
fitz8402
+10|6615|The Halls of Montezuma
I would have to go with Midnight sun.  It is one of my favorite attack chopper maps, the abundance of AA makes it challenging.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA
I like operation harvest, it has everything the other maps have, but with a few less AA guns.  I think road rage is overkill with the AA, it just seems like they are everywhere, even if there is only 2 or 3 of them on the map.  I also seem to get good scores on harvest and the map is pretty wide open and both teams are well equipped.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6273
Don't own AF, can't be bothered to download that EA downloader thingy.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6663|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
Harvest
fitz8402
+10|6615|The Halls of Montezuma
Nobody else likes midnight?    Flying just below treetop level to avoid AA while chewing up infantry who have no chance of hiding on the snow covered hillsides.  Only 1 A-10 to worry about.  Tanks actually have a chance to ambush and destroy eachother in the woods before there adversary can find out where they are being attacked from.  The U.S. littlebird coming down out of the black sky cannons blazing!   Holy crap that level is awesome.
aj0405
+19|6166
i like RR the best,but Midnight Sun is cool too.i can't stand OH though.
=VTA= Muncan
Venting That Aggression
+5|6324|England
<3 roadrage
David.P
Banned
+649|6279
Roadrage.

1. It's well balanced.

2. It's a freakin highway map! I mean come on it's awesome for dpv racing.
Volatile
+252|6709|Sextupling in Empire

I'd have to go with Operation Harvest as that map is really Armored Fury and not Bombing Fury.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6488|P-way, NJ
all of them
topthrill05
+125|6583|Rochester NY USA
Midnight Sun here as well, AF and SF had the best maps all the way.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6636|New Hampshire, USA

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

I'd have to go with Operation Harvest as that map is really Armored Fury and not Bombing Fury.
No no no you have it all wrong.  It is called armored fury because all the new anti-armor weapons infurates armor whores.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Volatile
+252|6709|Sextupling in Empire

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

No no no you have it all wrong.  It is called armored fury because all the new anti-armor weapons infurates armor whores.
Lol.

I played nothing but AF for a few weeks on only one server cause nobody plays boosters for some f-ing reason. I discovered that most(not all) of the time the server was filled with:

A.) Low rank newbies that were new to AF.

B.) Those who were adept with air vehicles, and decimated the newb population.

How to own with a10/other bomber that i have no fucking clue as to what it's called:

-Climb up high 300m(?) 
-Drop down and bomb target
-throw flares/ascend
-resupply
-repeat
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Harvest then Midnight Sun then Road Rage in a very distant 3rd.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

All 3, but Harvest is my favourite.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
In this order:

1) Op. Harvest:
Has no jets, so it's really mainly an armor based map. The one attack chopper can easily be dealt with by a combination of scout heli & AA tank.
Also, the map has the least linear flag disposition.
2) Midnight Sun:
Has jets and attack helicopters, but the mass of trees protect the armored forces on the ground quite well.
Can lead to a stalemate at times, as the 2 bridges are a bottleneck for troop movement.
3) Op. Road Rage:
The map layout is way too linear and there is virtually no cover for the ground forces from the jets.
Leads to rushed captures of the fursthest flags and very often a stale mate at the bridge near the MEC un-cap.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6656|The Netherlands
harvest you cant see it in the stats but atm i like harvest the best
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6743|Great Wall
Harvest
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6598|Lexington, Kentucky

globefish23 wrote:

In this order:

1) Op. Harvest:
Has no jets, so it's really mainly an armor based map. The one attack chopper can easily be dealt with by a combination of scout heli & AA tank.
Also, the map has the least linear flag disposition.
2) Midnight Sun:
Has jets and attack helicopters, but the mass of trees protect the armored forces on the ground quite well.
Can lead to a stalemate at times, as the 2 bridges are a bottleneck for troop movement.
3) Op. Road Rage:
The map layout is way too linear and there is virtually no cover for the ground forces from the jets.
Leads to rushed captures of the fursthest flags and very often a stale mate at the bridge near the MEC un-cap.
Ah, but that third one in my experience, isn't accurate.
What happens first off is a rush for the middle flags. (Junk Yard, Overpass, etc.) Followed by the Scout Helis picking off ground troops, and the Bombers causing general armour havoc.

Only if the Frogfoot can't suppress the armour, does the USMC pin the MEC to their uncap. But then I've seen it the other way, too.

If the A-10s are not being used, then the USMC gets pwned to the uncap.

Edit: Also, RR has a lot of AA, but it is only really very useful against the Scout Helis. Bombers either fly too high/fast, unless it's a noob in the cockpit.

Last edited by Anfidurl (2007-06-23 05:43:28)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

I'm actually better at Road Rage, but I love playing Harvest. I just have more fun on it. Love the open fields and the massive tank convoys. Road Rage is just too linear for me.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6445|A drop house
Operation Road Rage.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6763|06-01
have it, dont play it. yet.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6417|Belgium
I just love the map layout of Operation Road Rage. Plus I do best with the little bird on that one. Operation Harvest has too many trees imo plus I seem to get locked on from about everywhere on the map.

Midnight Sun is just bleh. If I'm not in a chopper or jet I disconnect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard