Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina

Bubbalo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's funny, Bubs...  I thought you were the one who hated Western culture so much.  Shouldn't you be praising the virtue of Iranian society?
Whoever said I hate Western culture?  I hate the West constantly trying to impose it's will on the world (which I suppose might be considered a part of Western culture), but I don't hate Western culture.  Sure, there are some places in the West I wouldn't choose to live, but there are plenty of places I wouldn't choose to live (like Sydney, goddamn pussies had to build an army and work themselves up before they were willing to take on a few Lebs).
Good, I'm glad you cleared that up.  In a different thread, I got a different impression.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
The reason I often come across as hating Western culture is that I'm constantly having to argue with people who hate non-Western culture.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina

Bubbalo wrote:

The reason I often come across as hating Western culture is that I'm constantly having to argue with people who hate non-Western culture.
Point taken...  I just have a personal aversion to theocracies and any other forms of government tied to religion.

I also have problems with my own culture, but they are lesser concerns by comparison...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6405

Bubbalo wrote:

Well, as being half-western only (born in Australia with foreign parents), I can view the arguments objectively.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
No, you can't.  There is no such thing as complete individual objectivity.  Even if there was, you there are more the three cultures on the planet (even when you're being as broad as talking about Western culture as a single culture).
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6501|Melbourne

usmarine2005 wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I highly doubt it.  We do tend to focus more on training than some other militaries (lacking both size and technology), but that's just a little ridiculous....................
From what i have heard from some of the boys yes.
Mind telling me how they compare it?

Just from my own experience....

We were doing some training at Ft. Lewis, Washington State.  Home of the 1st Special Forces I believe.  So we did an exercise with them.  We were in the defense, and the spec forces were on the offense.  We set so many damn booby traps that there was only two ways to exit the defensive line....and that was not easy.  The goal for the spec ops was to take our food and water.

Guess what?  They got it all.  We even knew what night they were going to come get it, they told us FFS.  That is how bad ass those dudes are.

So, you are trying to tell me a basic Aussie grunt is as well trained as that?
Well one of the dudes i spoke to was ex-USMC he didn't obtain rank fast enough, so they discharged him.  He joined the 1st RAR and said the training for infantry was alot like the training the Delta Force did in the states.  I cant tell you if  it is true or not, but thats what he said.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
Uh........1st RAR aren't grunts, exactly.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6735|Sydney, Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

But they are part of the Australian "regular army".
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6336|Orrstrayleea
Lol YEH!! WE SHOWED THEM WHO'S BOSS!!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Harmor wrote:

Australians, just like Texas if it was an island.
Not true.

Have you ever been here. Very different to Texas. I've never been to Texas and I can assure you that. No where else on Earth quite like the NT.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England
Those pesky I-ranians. I blame Bush and/or Liberals.

I'll still safely say our Navy is better than theirs. Wanna turn this into a full fledged pissing contest?!?!

Exactly.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6408|The Gem Saloon
LOL @ aussies infantry being trained to deltas standards.
you fucking wish!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6771|Argentina
Who made a lot of money selling their stories?  The Brits won.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England

sergeriver wrote:

Who made a lot of money selling their stories?  The Brits won.
Innit, that was a bunch of bullshit and the sailors should be ashamed of themselves. With the tabloids labelling them as heroes, excuse me what the fuck did they do to become a fucking hero. Get kidnapped, oh that's really heroic.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

mcminty wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So is Delta Forces.  Doesn't mean an Army grunt is as well trained as Delta.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine2005 wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

So is Delta Forces.  Doesn't mean an Army grunt is as well trained as Delta.
I thought Delta Forces was attached to SOCOM or what ever and was a "special" force...

1st RAR are a regiment of soldiers deployed in the same way as any other Australian Force.
scout_charlie
+0|6419|Sydney, Australia
i thought the 1st RAR are commandos from regular and reserve

i highly doubt that our light infantry are trained in the same respects as a Delta Force Operator...maybe our SASR are though
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6533|Adelaide, South Australia

scout_charlie wrote:

i highly doubt that our light infantry are trained in the same respects as a Delta Force Operator...maybe our SASR are though
SASR are trained BETTER than Delta Force.
toutinette
+2|6274|Canada
you guys are dumbs, i guess you work either at walmart, bk or have no jobs at all.

the us military is getting his ass kicked in iraq by sandniggers in rag clothes.

i despise both equally but i have to admit they are much better than usmc fags

5,000 fuckers back in a plastic bag and all the maimed and wounded it is too funny to watch

i guess those sandniggers people are fighting for their country and they have guts and some fighting spirit when the us military kids just come out of a bf2 training server and just gobble burgers/pizzas all days playing ps2

during this time a lot of people are making a lot of money of the dead in washington

youre just a bunch of lemmings so leave me fucking alone

Ty wrote:

Ignore this fool...

Last edited by toutinette (2007-06-25 02:34:07)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
And people call me a Liberal nutjob................................
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6405

Bubbalo wrote:

And people call me a Liberal nutjob................................
Liberal nutjob.  Go home.
toutinette
+2|6274|Canada
moron
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

scout_charlie wrote:

Actually no...

Delta boys only go from the order from the president, and no one else. SAS is pretty good compared to other branches of SF in the US army... But not delta.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Delta boys only go from the order from the president, and no one else. SAS is pretty good compared to other branches of SF in the US army... But not delta.
By that logic Dick Cheney is a one man army...................
Flecco
iPod is broken.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

scout_charlie wrote:

Actually no...

Source please. From here on in any comparison of special forces units and their training must have sources provided for your info that is verifiable, be it in book or hyperlink form.

Stop pulling shit out of your arses or saying "well I heard from some guy..." because it's all hearsay. It's not debate, it's dickswinging, it's not serious talk either unless you all start backing up your fucking statement.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard