Entertayner
+826|6560

The latest Game Informer reports that Spore has been "delayed indefinitely", but reached for comment today, Electronic Arts says that "Spore has slipped out of fiscal 08 and into fiscal 09". Either way you cut it, it means that the game we've all been waiting to play on our computers isn't coming anytime soon.

With all of the videos we've seen of gameplay showing off the different stages of Spore development and all of the media stops Will Wright has done talking about the game, it's kinda hard to figure out exactly what is taking so long. Could they be trying to port it to a console for a dual launch? Did the game need a major overhaul? Does Will Wright hate me and just like torturing me with some sort of non-existent Sisyphusian game?

Actually, I don't really care what the reasons are, I just want me some Spore.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6546|Brisbane, Aus

09.... fuck....

better be totally awesome by then
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6664|Canberra, AUS
09?

Damn... I didn't know you could predict a game that far into the future.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6698|Charlie One Alpha

Spark wrote:

09?

Damn... I didn't know you could predict a game that far into the future.
Duke Nuke 'em Forever. That thing will outlast us all.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6742|Florida, United States
Man the world could end by '09
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6736|The United Center
I don't know if it's just me, but that link doesn't work.

Also, that really sucks.  That game looks pretty incredible.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6684|UK
Can't say I care, I watched a few trailers and dont know why it appeals to so many people, get Crysis instead
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

If it comes out ... great ... if not, thats fine too.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6377|New York

jsnipy wrote:

I'm beginning to feel the same way. Take your time Will, and nobody will care anymore.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6654|NT, like Mick Dundee

heggs wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I'm beginning to feel the same way. Take your time Will, and nobody will care anymore.
Thinking it has more to do with profit margins for the publisher. Remember seeing a thread on this a while back.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DemonAlucard
+2|6463|Laredo,Texas USA
The expected release date has been pushed further into the future in successive announcements. The most recent statements were made at Electronic Arts' conference call for investors on May 8, 2007, in which CEO John Riccitiello said that the release of Spore is "...right on the bubble with Q4 [January–March 2008], if not for Q1 fiscal 09 [April–June 2008]". CFO Warren Jenson stated that the game will not be included in the company's financial plan for its current fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2008.[17]

i think you people are confusing with Fiscal years and actual years...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6612|Little Bentcock
Yeh guys remember that when it says fiscal '09 doesn't mean the actual year 2009, so it's not that long a wait. Before reading this thread I had never even heard of it. Now all I can say is gimme gimme gimme!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6609|Mhz

I had a sinking feeling about this game ever making it to the shelves as soon as I noticed EA was involved with it I can see plenty more delays to come, which is a shame as it's about the only game that actually has me interested in it ATM.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6755|UK
This is old news....as DemonAlucard has said. Fiscal year 2009 in is 2008. Which we already knew it was being released then.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6436|Boulder, CO
wasn't HL2 actually delayed for many years and in the end it took 10 years to make, or was that bioshock, or it might of actually been something else the name of which has completely slipped my mind, with that native american guy in space and big mutated things. damm memory loss.
Ryan
+1,230|6832|Alberta, Canada

Samtheman53 wrote:

Can't say I care, I watched a few trailers and dont know why it appeals to so many people, get Crysis instead
The man is right.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6609|Mhz

Noobeater wrote:

wasn't HL2 actually delayed for many years and in the end it took 10 years to make, or was that bioshock, or it might of actually been something else the name of which has completely slipped my mind, with that native american guy in space and big mutated things. damm memory loss.
I think you're thinking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that took ages to come out.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6755|UK
No hes referring to Prey.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6564
I hope its not too sims like.
bobby177
+129|6463|Texas.. getting out asap
I am glad they keep delaying it. If they released it too early it would turn into another BF2.... and none of us want that.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6626|Wigan. Manchester. England.
what is spore?

ive not even heard of it...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6546|Brisbane, Aus

this is spore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_%28video_game%29

Basically It's made by the people who make the Sim city/sims games. But in this one you can control the evolution of a planet.

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-21 17:23:15)

The_Mac
+96|6214
EA now says that the Delay report was falsified and they called it "misinformation"
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6557|Mountains of NC

"At first glance, Spore is a "teleological evolution" game, or a "God game". The player molds and guides a species across many generations, growing it from a single-celled organism into a more complex "

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this is Gods way on telling us that evolution never existed

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6654|NT, like Mick Dundee

SEREMAKER wrote:

"At first glance, Spore is a "teleological evolution" game, or a "God game". The player molds and guides a species across many generations, growing it from a single-celled organism into a more complex "

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this is Gods way on telling us that evolution never existed

But that is evolution... Just guided.

Creationists argue that everything just magically appeared in the garden of eden.

ABRA KADABRA!

Then later God added fossils to test our faith. Or they claim that scientests forge them.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard