Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6174|sverige
im tired of trying to find a post by someone who karmed me in a thread but did not post in it, now i just dont give a shit
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

Now I'll never gat passed 20 :'(

Seriously... Ehm...

Ehhhm...

I guess it's good...

This post is really an example on what posts NOT to Karma...

And still I've gotten two Karma points from it...

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-06-22 09:22:03)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6634|South Jersey
I think the karma system should be removed.  But that's just my opinion.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6335
i normally don't give out karma unless i am helped or someone makes a good point but this was just so tempting
https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/hehe.jpg
edit: fixed picture
click this to see the pic better
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/hehe.jpg

Last edited by ChevyLee86 (2007-06-20 18:03:32)

Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6522|the Netherlands
+1 K >> when im impressed by that persons post/topic or people make some good statements or funny or good reply in post +1 for you

Reason +1 K  -  Tjasso
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6740|In your head
Can we still karma if something makes us laugh like say something they said or posted?
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6630|USA
Have the mods been to any type of military training lately?  Like any kind of officer training?   

Treat people like babies, and you make more babies, cause its working!
markzed
+5|6379
The karma system is only good for a laugh anyway.  I reckon that it should be treated accordingly.

As if you would waste your time fingering (or hunting down) Karma abusers.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
might as well take karma away and just show post counts
topthrill05
+125|6576|Rochester NY USA
You can't even ask for Karma? I may not be the most respected member here but this new rule seems pointless. It seems that we are making rules for the sake of making them.

*Zips up the flame suite*
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6624|Quebec city, Canada
is my sig illegal?
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6683|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
no offense now we are making rules about karma, btw it was a dumb thing to do in the first place, and tbh it think this forum has lost its luster...

IMO
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Tushers wrote:

no offense now we are making rules about karma, btw it was a dumb thing to do in the first place, and tbh it think this forum has lost its luster...

IMO
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

ig wrote:

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6729|Michigan
Well, when I give karma I always put "spacebandit72" at the end. Is that a form of asking for it back? I don't ask for it back but one may think that's why I put my name there. Seriously... I put my name there so people will know who they got it from.
If it's positive karma, what is the point of making it anonymous?

Sounds dumb but it's a serious question as I don't want to be banned or anything.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

spacebandit72 wrote:

I don't know.  Maybe that makes too much sense???
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

spacebandit72 wrote:

Well, when I give karma I always put "spacebandit72" at the end. Is that a form of asking for it back? I don't ask for it back but one may think that's why I put my name there. Seriously... I put my name there so people will know who they got it from.

Sounds dumb but it's a serious question as I don't want to be banned or anything.
It being anonymous means that the karma-giver can choose for themselves whether to leave their name or not. You can leave your name, and it isn't regarded as "karma me back".

Tushers wrote:

IMO
What was a dumb thing to do? Introducing karma, or making rules about it? IMO they are both good ideas.

Karma: A number of which you can see the a) popularity, b) comedic value c) amount of contributions of a forum member.
Karma rules: Introduced for one single reason - to minimize misuse of the system

ig wrote:

Post counts, schmost counts. If you only saw what I see.

You can have a user with 3000 posts, most of which are spam. On the other hand you can have a user with 200 posts, most of which contributive, helpful or just elaborately composed. In these examples, the karma/post ratio is definitely better for the latter example. See above explanation for why karma exists on these forums for further reference.
I need around tree fiddy.
killer21

I'm trying to figure out why a rule had to be implemented for something that really isn't all that important.  So someone wants to get more karma?  Big deal.  I can think of better ways to use a moderator than to have people fretting about how much karma a person is getting because they have a +1 me and +1 for you in their sig.  If it is such a big deal then get rid of it. All this unnecessary drama over something that is pretty much irrelevant.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

killer21 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why a rule had to be implemented for something that really isn't all that important.  So someone wants to get more karma?  Big deal.
It's about "earning it", not begging for it. Once again, see above for the "essence" of forum karma.

killer21 wrote:

I can think of better ways to use a moderator than to have people fretting about how much karma a person is getting because they have a +1 me and +1 for you in their sig.  If it is such a big deal then get rid of it.
Why get rid of a great "extra" on the forums? Why not rather getting rid of the misuse?

killer21 wrote:

All this unnecessary drama over something that is pretty much irrelevant.
There is no drama. Just specifying some rules here <-- See OP of this thread.
I need around tree fiddy.
killer21

You don't get it and I think you never will.  The fact of the matter is that this whole karma thing is being blow way out of proportion.  I just don't see the need to make a big deal out of people who want karma.  No one cares about karma except the people who keep defending it like it will bring about some new way of saying I liked your post.  This whole thing is very funny.  Making a rule about karma...wow...talking about grasping for straws.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6387|New York
With every system, there will be abuse. There is nothing wrong with setting some ground rules to at least make a system somewhat credible.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6501|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Bernadictus wrote:

The original goal of karma was to reward/punish someone for his/her actions and involvement on the forums.

As many of you know, the karma system had some drastic changes (read: the removal of the negative karma function) because many abused it beyond the limits of adult behaviour. With the removal of negative karma a new problem arose: the askin and/or begging for karma, here after to be called 'asking for karma'. Where one would be negative karma'd for asking in the past, one is now risk free to ask for karma.

Therefore we, the staff of BF2s.com, have decided that asking for karma is now an official offense under BF2s.com Forum Rules #18:

Abusing karma will result in a temp ban.
(If you think what you are doing is questionable then don't do it cause you will be banned for "Abusing the Karma System")

All signatures & postings that feature:
  • +1 if you like it,
  • +1 me and I'll return the favor,
  • +1 me if you like,
  • And other various methods of karma requesting,
will be removed from now on, and will count as a serious offense. Leading up to the state of permanent removal from BF2s.com. And to do that we need your help to! If you see a karma begger, please report him to the nearest mod, by pressing the report button below his post with the appropriate reason.Giving karma because:
  • you liked the thread,
  • someone made a point you agree to,
  • or other various reasons, that have valid cause,

is still allowed and encouraged by the staff, because that is the reason karma was introduced in the first place.

Regards,

Bernadictus on behalf of the entire BF2s.com staff.
I totally agree with you mate... +1 To all the BF2s.com staff.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
What was a dumb thing to do? Introducing karma, or making rules about it? IMO they are both good ideas.

introducing karma, and then taking away negitive it think we should get back the negitive and just make it so when u karma someone it automaticly put the karmaers name on their do u get my flow donfck???

why introduce something when its just going to be abused and eventually takin away
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6745|The United Center

Tushers wrote:

introducing karma, and then taking away negitive it think we should get back the negitive and just make it so when u karma someone it automaticly put the karmaers name on their do u get my flow donfck???

why introduce something when its just going to be abused and eventually takin away
The forums have been abused too.  Should we not have introduced those as well?

Your logic is flawed.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
ok i see your piont sorry for beein so narrow minded...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard