zomghaxor
Banned
+12|6216|h4X city , Qc / Trojan
Hi guy im new around here, seem a nice place to check ours stats and to talk about many things... Its there any server where we can play together?? Anyway ill be here to check out whats going on...

**im not rly an h4x0r!!! its just a nickname like many others... *
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6650|Washington, DC

Well, there are the BF2S servers for one. Where are you? The BF2S EU server is very well-organized. Us Americans on the other hand...

Use the search feature liberally, and don't get into flame fests. Show respect for all users, and you'll be well on your way to being a respected member of BF2s

Welcome and enjoy your stay
zomghaxor
Banned
Thks man... but what is this :

Hurricane wrote:

don't get into flame fests.
Hurricane
Banned

zomghaxor wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Well, a flame is an insult to another user. For instance, if I called you a fag, that'd be a flame.

A flame fest or flame war is when the heat escalates; a bunch of people start flaming each other. The topics tend to get locked down pretty quickly.

Also, keep your eyes out for a guy known as cdogmn. He's been banned from here over 100 times, but he keeps coming back. You can identify his topics because they tend to target mods (Chuy is the owner and creator of the site, Ty is a mod, BigmacK is a mod, and those three have been his biggest targets). They also include such terms as "anti-faggot bat" and "fagg" (the two g's are very indicative of cdogmn).

edit: Join the IRC some time! We don't bite... too much

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-06-19 21:07:22)

Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6498|Vancouver, USA
Just listen to Hurricane, he is right.
Welcome, and have some karma
zomghaxor
Banned
Wow this CDOGMN seems to be a real fagg !! And can you tell me what are the things that noobs may do and then get banned... Because if i gt banned i dont want to do another account and come back like that guys... Im starting to love you but not as to make new accounts

Last edited by zomghaxor (2007-06-19 21:13:34)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

As hurricane says, you can find some of us other EU BF2s regulars on the BF2s EU server(s). If you're interested in joining us for a few rounds, a browse around here would be a good starting point.
Hurricane
Banned

zomghaxor wrote:

Wow this CDOGMN seems to be a real fagg !! :P And can you tell me what are the things that noobs may do and then get banned... Because if i gt banned i dont want to do another account and come back like that guys... Im starting to love you but not as to make new accounts
To be honest, it's pretty hard to get banned from here.

Again, you should use the search function if you think a topic has been posted before. You might find the answer to your question in a topic that's been posted.

Don't revive old threads (that is, don't post in old threads). Don't flame other users, and type well enough so that we can read (So far you're typing is fine =p). That's basically it.

edit: Karma doesn't mean anything, honestly. If it was used for its original purpose, then it would be a sort of 'reputation' system, where you give people a karma point for a smart, informative, or funny post. The more karma a user has, the better a reputation.

But since people can sign karma messages, it defeats the whole purpose =p Don't worry about it. Also, the -1 button doesn't work because it was abused a lot (people would insult other users anonymously with it), where people would mark down other's karma for no reason other than to be jerks.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-06-19 21:14:50)

Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6497| Texas

Hurricane wrote:

Use the search feature liberally its your best friend here
Hola! hurricane pretty much sumed it up- dont be an asshole and its all good

and to save yourself some trouble- Mods are always right. Remember this and you'll have a good time

and some karma cause i feel like it

Last edited by Darkfire (2007-06-19 21:13:58)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)

zomghaxor wrote:

Wow this CDOGMN seems to be a real fagg !! And can you tell me what are the things that noobs may do and then get banned... Because if i gt banned i dont want to do another account and come back like that guys... Im starting to love you but not as to make new accounts
Just be 'normal' and you'll be ok.

From the way you're starting - saying 'hello' and asking about forum etiquette, I think you'll be fine.

The forum mods are strict but fair - if you're not an idiot, you won't get banned - if you are, you will.
zomghaxor
Banned
All right.... Well it seem pretty easy... But what about the language because i saw many bad words around here. A couple of guys seems to have a tendency to repeat f word ...

What is the goal of karma??? Can i trade them for special thing.. or i need to have a certain number to be a mod .. idk. And also why there is a   -1  button but I CANT USE IT!!! Is it because im a noob...  (i want to -1 Andoura because he said the <F> word ... can anyone do it for me plz:P )
Scorpion0x17
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)

Hurricane wrote:

zomghaxor wrote:

To be honest, it's pretty hard to get banned from here.

Again, you should use the search function if you think a topic has been posted before. You might find the answer to your question in a topic that's been posted.

Don't revive old threads (that is, don't post in old threads). Don't flame other users, and type well enough so that we can read (So far you're typing is fine =p). That's basically it.
Don't want to get too derailed here, but "Use the Search function" but "Don't revive old threads"... flamed if you do, flamed if you don't...
Hurricane
Banned

zomghaxor wrote:

All right.... Well it seem pretty easy... But what about the language because i saw many bad words around here. A couple of guys seems to have a tendency to repeat f word ...

What is the goal of karma??? Can i trade them for special thing.. or i need to have a certain number to be a mod .. idk. And also why there is a   -1  button but I CANT USE IT!!! Is it because im a noob...  (i want to -1 Andoura because he said the <F> word ... can anyone do it for me plz:P )
'Bad' language is allowed, just as long as your post isn't basically a long string of it. I can see why you don't like seeing bad words, but believe me, nobody here really means anything bad from it. The f word is about as meaningful as the word "hax" here.

edit: Yeah scorpion =p After surgeon's little performance last week though, better safe than sorry!

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-06-19 21:18:15)

zomghaxor
Banned
Oh all right so you guys dont give a damn fuck about what people fuckin say? Thats fuckin fine then im using the fuckin F word in this sentence but this is probably the last fuckin time...    :S ewwhh it was weird comming from my fingers... but anyway.. anyone can explain the karma concept for me?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)

zomghaxor wrote:

Nobody can use the -1 button. It used to work, but it got disabled because it was abused by idiots.

On the question of 'language' - these are 'adult' forums in the sense that we users should, at all times, behave like adults. So, some mild use of 'language' is tolerated. As long as it is not used to excess or in an abusive manner, it is ok.

(BTW, I'm not a mod or anything, so none of that is the 'official line' or anything like that - just how I see the forums)
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6545|South Florida
Welcome to BF2S, I'm DezertEagal5... Your friendly neighborhood religion-bashing atheist extremist and hardcore 2nd amendment supporter.

But, Seeing as how im like the most popular dude here you must have read my posts....
15 more years! 15 more years!
Hurricane
Banned

zomghaxor wrote:

Oh all right so you guys dont give a damn fuck about what people fuckin say? Thats fuckin fine then im using the fuckin F word in this sentence but this is probably the last fuckin time...    :S ewwhh it was weird comming from my fingers... but anyway.. anyone can explain the karma concept for me?
lol, yeah, just don't make every other word a swear word and nobody minds

I explained karma few posts up:

Karma doesn't mean anything, honestly. If it was used for its original purpose, then it would be a sort of 'reputation' system, where you give people a karma point for a smart, informative, or funny post. The more karma a user has, the better a reputation.

But since people can sign karma messages, it defeats the whole purpose =p Don't worry about it. Also, the -1 button doesn't work because it was abused a lot (people would insult other users anonymously with it), where people would mark down other's karma for no reason other than to be jerks.

Last edited by Hurricane (Today 00:14:50)
Scorpion0x17
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)
Karma is just 'for serious kicks and giggles' - a 'serious bit of fun' - nothing to take too not seriously.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-06-23 23:17:52)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6545|South Florida

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Karma is just 'for kicks and giggles' - a 'bit of fun' - nothing to take too seriously.
He lies!
Karma is life!
Karma decides whether you go places in life, or whether your just some newb who know one pays attention too!!!

Thats why i've got so much!!!

(LOL)
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6777|06-01

zomghaxor wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

an example: hurricane is just a gayxxor, he just trolls the forums and irc without actually playing the game... wtfomgbbq gay!

j/k of course
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6497| Texas

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

for kicks and giggles
lol perfect description
Hurricane
Banned

tthf wrote:

zomghaxor wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

an example: hurricane is just a gayxxor, he just trolls the forums and irc without actually playing the game... wtfomgbbq gay!

j/k of course
Ha ha ha =p

What ever happened to "Once armour always armour"??
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6777|06-01

Hurricane wrote:

tthf wrote:

zomghaxor wrote:

j/k of course
Ha ha ha =p

What ever happened to "Once armour always armour"??
i is teh IO whore now
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6545|South Florida
A short word list:

Flamer: Someone who flames someone else
Flame: When someone disrespects you in a harsh way - Not liked here
Newb: Newb has really defeated its purpose as a short word for 'someone who is new' it more defines 'someone who is less then you'
Hacker: The opposite of newb, a word to discribe someone better then you. Of coarse the only way he could be better then you is if he has a  program modify his gameplay to a level exceeding what is commonly agreed on as 'fair'
Troll: A flamer
Karma: A reputation system that has been formed into a way of expressing how long you've been with the forum and how much people like you.
Sig: A picture that is used in your signature (text below post)
Photoshop: A commonly stolen program that many people use to make sigs and other graphics, its very advanced and those who know how to use it are elite. (anyone with a few days and an internet connection can learn it)
Leet: A.K.A. L33T. Is a term for the word "Elite" meaning "Godly"
zomghaxor
Banned
Thks deagle !!! I would have given you karma for you effort but....

you seems to be a karma whore !!!       (idk if im allowed to do all that space but if not just PM mod/admin/god/chuy/)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard