[64]-Spud
+0|6705|cork city Ireland
i was on warlord last night i placed a claymore at the door to the flag and on on the steps some ass hole walked over it last night twice and punished me ai ended up on -6 pts over him a was so FUCKING mad last night at this ass hole i mean they are red so u no they are there? i often ran over then and i dont punish for it because its my fault not the guy that puts then there he is just protecting his assets no what i mean
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6760|Human Meat Shield
this has been ongoing, I got kicked last night because of excessive tk's because of mines planted and they couldn't go around.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6740|Netherlands
the are all noobs
[64]-Spud
why in gods name is punishment in the game any way? its bloody crap
AbrnRanger
+-1|6708|Bradenton, FL
Not to take away from your flame job, but have you ever thought that the placement of said device might not be the best?  What I am getting at is that when you place a claymore or mine of any kind teammates can not always been seen right way. Case in point placing a claymore near a doorway, corner of hallway/building, or at the top of ladders. You run around a corner and BLAM-O! 

Punishing you for running into a team mine I DO NOT agree with.  Just wanted to through some food for thought in there.

Ranger

Last edited by AbrnRanger (2005-12-16 12:22:25)

[64]-Spud
it seem like a fairly good place to put one (a Door way) when u are being swamped by the enemy?
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6740|Netherlands
but dont punish than
irenicus999
+0|6733
Was it your spawn point?  If you put mines in your own spawn point then you are asking to get punished.  Personally I never punish when I run over a friendly mine, but you know how people are in this game.  Eight times out of ten they will punish for any tk.  I agree with AbrnRanger.
[64]-Spud

[64]-Spud wrote:

i was on warlord last night i placed a claymore at the door to the flag and on on the steps some ass hole walked over it last night twice and punished me ai ended up on -6 pts over him a was so FUCKING mad last night at this ass hole i mean they are red so u no they are there? i often ran over then and i dont punish for it because its my fault not the guy that puts then there he is just protecting his assets no what i mean
god do u ppl read at all?

like i said i NORMALY DO NOT PUNNISH FOR MY OWN MISTAKE jezz
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6779|England
I never punish unless 1) The tk was on purpose, 2) it was so stupid they deserve to be punished.
[64]-Spud

Kobrakai wrote:

I never punish unless 1) The tk was on purpose, 2) it was so stupid they deserve to be punished.
yes the way it should be done, but i still dont like it
irenicus999
+0|6733

[64]-Spud wrote:

[64]-Spud wrote:

god do u ppl read at all?

like i said i NORMALY DO NOT PUNNISH FOR MY OWN MISTAKE jezz
Did you post this in response to my post?  I never said anything about you punishing people.  I was talking about you being punished twice by that one guy.  I also asked you if you had placed those mines in your own spawn point.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6798
Well...After all it doesn't matter where the mine is put, the skull tells you DANGERDANGERDANGER. What else do these people need? What I do when I see that skull appearing on my screen: Turn around, walk back the exact way I came from and choose a different one to get forward. That's not too difficult.
There are only 2 exceptions imo:
- Placing mines on your own spawn point
- Placing them at places your teammates are more likely to walk through than your enemy

These two actions deserve a punishment, everything else means: WATCH THE F*CK OUT YOU MORONS!!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6760|Human Meat Shield
but many people don't do this ( turn around and go the other way), they look at the Jolly Roger and think: " Wow! Free Candy!"
[64]-Spud

imdead wrote:

but many people don't do this ( turn around and go the other way), they look at the Jolly Roger and think: " Wow! Free Candy!"
yes they do i killed a guy with my tank today i didnt see him i was on a ramp and all i could see was sky tank droped and Squished him.... i got punished!!!! again

(and no i DID NOT see him before hand cos he wasnt there)
CZE_M4CH0
+0|6780|Boston,MA
i think that some of those assholes punish on purpose, they like to take 4 points off you I guess, but they will bitch when same thing happens to them...lately I just laugh and thank (lol, thx 4 the accidental tk punish) to those who punish me for accidental TK or simply for not watching or not carring about the skull and bones icon.
I wish all players would be normal, but so far it looks that there is more imbeciles playing this game!
7h3647h32in6
+0|6714
They seriously need to fix the ability to punish for a mine tk. It's not our fault, and our teamates are using it only to take the top spots. 4 times now I've been in a server and lost the gold because the silver decided it would be a good idea to ptk me and take the lead. It's bullshit and pisses me off EVERY time I lay a freakin claymore.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

I have punished for myself driving over friendly mines. I think it was appropriate though, what do you think?

The guy had mined the only entrance/exit to the base. there was no way around it and he had made a line of mines with no gaps or navigable route around them. I wasn't engineer and after asking him to remove a few, (with no responce,) I cleared them the only way I knew how. I drove over them. It took them all out and killed me. I punished. My teammates, who had been waiting in a traffic jam filed through now as I respawned, yet this guy decides to do it again!
I did the same again, (after asking him once again to remove the mines,) and punished again. He was kicked, and our team was able to make a late comeback.

I've felt kind of guilty about this, but did I do the right thing?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jingotsu
+0|6701|Ontario, Canada
I don't know if any of you know this, but if you press the left Alt button, it takes away all the indicators. Like the red skull and crossbones. So, maybe that's the reason why it happens.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6831|Scotland!
umm last time i checked punish doesn't do anything... I just get -4 anyways, regardless.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6741|Chicago.

Jingotsu wrote:

I don't know if any of you know this, but if you press the left Alt button, it takes away all the indicators. Like the red skull and crossbones. So, maybe that's the reason why it happens.
I understand this. It is available for those who read. I am a sniper, I lay alot of clays. Its a sad fact that over 75% of my tk's are from idiots who climb ladders and walk into the path of the claymore. It makes me so mad, i tell you, because it is ridiculous. I always keep a warning circulating by telling people, "DONT CLIMB MY LADDER!!! CLAY ON TOP!" and "GET AWAY! CLAY" but to no avail. I actually had one guy just keep going up after me, I would lay a clay in a different location, he would follow and then step in the clay. That is the one time I got banned. It made me so angry.
[64]-Spud
i was on ghost town also today i was on top of the very tall building  i put a claymore at the top of the ladder my team mate comes up a few mins later and get killed, i got punished  for his stupidity. second time i got punished was kinda my fault was placing a claymore on the ladder and it fell to the ground  and happed to kill the guy running by. opps!!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

Yes, but accidents are accidents. People need to realise that shit happens.
Myself, the only time I've been banned was for swearing. I've been kicked a few times for unintentional teamkills.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[64]-Spud

[64]-Spud wrote:

i was on ghost town also today i was on top of the very tall building  i put a claymore at the top of the ladder my team mate comes up a few mins later and get killed, i got punished  for his stupidity. second time i got punished was kinda my fault was placing a claymore on the ladder and it fell to the ground  and happed to kill the guy running by. opps!!!!
oh yah i got kicked and baned over this too!!!
7h3647h32in6
+0|6714

[64]-Spud wrote:

[64]-Spud wrote:

oh yah i got kicked and baned over this too!!!
What's sad is, I've been banned for that happening after only one TK, and it was by my friend that I had told not to climb the ladder over TS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

THAT is stupidity... or stubborness... or density or something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard