nating75
+0|6814

imdead wrote:

Yeah the rocket launcher works against infantry, trust me, I know.

It's really funny when you actually see it coming and you still just stand there admiring the shiny rocket, the nice flame coming out and above all, the awesome smoke trail, I still admire it when the counter is about 3 seconds to go to respawn.
LOL!!! You're like a deer stuck in head lights. I think I'm actually attracted to the bad end of launched rockets.
starman7
+15|6761
Look here.  The AT is Anti-Tank, not an infantry killer.  In exchange for some serious ability to take armor out, you sacrifice a lot of infantry capability.  I would like to play other kits myself, but I always wind up getting killed by armor and go straight back to AT.  Some advice-pair up with an assault or a support guy.  They can help take down infantry while you focus on vehicles.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6758|Sydney, Australia

nating75 wrote:

imdead wrote:

Yeah the rocket launcher works against infantry, trust me, I know.

It's really funny when you actually see it coming and you still just stand there admiring the shiny rocket, the nice flame coming out and above all, the awesome smoke trail, I still admire it when the counter is about 3 seconds to go to respawn.
LOL!!! You're like a deer stuck in head lights. I think I'm actually attracted to the bad end of launched rockets.
lol, i'm like that too, but with the bombs from planes. I'll be crouching there and see the bomb slowly fly towards me, thinking "nice shot".

On what starman7 said about taking another player, I reccomend a support guy. He packs a decent about of firepower and it will ensure you never run out of rockets.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6811|Noizyland

I'm good at dodging those AT rockets. It's a lot of fun because the guy scrambles about re-loading or pulling out ghis pistol while you have plenty of time to nail them.

I actually like the SMGs. Granted, a lot of the time you empty a whole clip in a guy's general direction to bring him down, but I like them a lot more than the DAO-12, (a gun that I'm yet to unlock, but have used.) I'm set for shotguns anyway with my Jackhammer, and I'd rather ue the ol' SMG for close combat when I come around a corner to by surprised by an enemy. Thetr's the idea really, not trek around to find guys but hide, run from building to building to gain cover for strikes on tanks/APCs/transports and even the odd chopper.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sud
+0|6784
You'll probably have a change of opinion once you actually unlock the dao. This thing is so stupidly powerful it's insane. You can bring down an assault at medium range in the blink of an eye, due to the fact the thing fires like its on crack and just makes a funnel shaped cloud of death in front of you.

Look here.  The AT is Anti-Tank, not an infantry killer.  In exchange for some serious ability to take armor out, you sacrifice a lot of infantry capability.
It is very good for anti vehicle - but needs to earn teamwork points for actually landing rockets on vehicles due to their tendancy to take flight, or another anti tank to steal your kill.

Last edited by Sud (2005-12-17 01:47:12)

caleqs
+9|6744
Thanks for all the great advice folks!
Esker
+1|6764
I found holding a 1.1 ratio with AT extremely difficult, I've lost it now though heh.

The Dao12 gets my ugliest gun award. BF2 could have made a nicer looking unlock for the AT class, it looks like something made out of washing machine and engine parts...
warco3
+1|6765|Orlando, FL
I've posted this before but here goes again:

The Antitank kit is fine the way it is except for ONE thing. Body armor. Antitank is NOT meant to be anti-infantry. GET THIS INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS PEOPLE. Without body armor, you can sprint LONGER, making you MORE effective vs ARMOR, which is what the kit is MEANT TO DO. In my opinion the DAO-12 should'ave gone to the Engineer and the Antitank should have the MP7 as an upgrade. I think that would balance things out alot. Replace the Jackhammer with the DAO-12, remove the body armor, and even give the option of choosing the RPG-7, and the Antitank kit will truely live up to its name. I know some people out there agree with me.

Last edited by warco3 (2005-12-18 01:03:45)

starman7
+15|6761
Ahh, the body armor can be useful.  Tanks have .50 cals and 7.92mm co-axial machine guns, APCs have that crazy 25mm, and the AT is also useful vs. buggies and jeeps which can MG you up.  And if you're going to use up your entire sprint bar, either A, you're incredibly lucky, or B, the guy in the tank has incredibly bad aim.  No other way you're going to use up that entire bar without the other guy killing you.

And as for the AT rockets, it takes positioning, and quite possibly another AT if you're taking on full-blown tanks.  If you hit the sides, rear, turret, or tracks, it takes 2 rockets, if you hit it from the front, 4 or 5 rockets, and if you hit it at a 45 degree angle from behind, for some reason, you can get it flaming in 1 hit (though not instantly dead).  One tactic in city maps-set up at opposing alleyways with another AT and just slam any tanks that come with 2 rockets at once, getting an almost-instant kill.  Otherwise, APCs are relatively easy to take out in 1 hit, and any jeeps/buggies are dead meat if you can hit them.  Choppers, quite unrealistically, can take a couple AT rockets, but that can't be helped.
theduke91191
Long Distance Brain Surgeon
+0|6797
idk i might be the only one but i dont think its that bad
deject
Got His War On
+37|6810|Golden, CO

AFlyingNun wrote:

I think the US AT gun actually is THE worst assault rifle.
this is one of my pet peeves...

SUBMACHINEGUNS ARE NOT ASSAULT RIFLES.  SUBMACHINEGUNS FIRE PISTOL SIZED BULLETS.  ASSAULT RIFLES FIRE RIFLE BULLETS.

sorry about that.  also, the DAO-12 is a blast.  I love being an AT on Dragon Valley defending that first CP against the cobras that keep coming in.  One time I took out about 7 Cobras on my own and another 5 or so with some other guys.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard