usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's more to do with who is processing the Iraqi oil. Which is predominantly US contractors. It's not so much the oil itself as the associated industrial infrastructure.

The contracts are extremely lucrative.
But where is the processed oil going?
Wherever the oil companies send it. The PSAs allow them shared control of Iraqs oil for the next 30 years. A cut of the oil revenue is also taken by the US.
I would just like to know if anyone knows where the oil is going.  I know it is big business.  Many countries have contractors in other countries worldwide drilling for oil.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as … 007_pg5_25

DUBAI: Iraq’s pending new oil law does not mention production-sharing contracts and will guarantee that 80 percent of oil reserves are managed by the Iraqi National Oil Company, the oil minister said in remarks published on Friday.

“There is no mention of production-sharing contracts,” Hussain al-Shahristani told the pan-Arab daily al-Hayat.

The state-owned Iraqi National Oil Company would control all fields other than those that are not now in production and which are a long way from production, he added.

“This means that 80 percent of discovered Iraqi reserves will be set aside for the Iraqi National (Oil) Company, and this invalidates the claim that the law will pave the way for foreign companies to control Iraqi oil,” he said.

I also want to add that it is the Iraqi's that are deciding all of this. If they want to engage in PSA's it is their business to do so.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007%5C05%5C26%5Cstory_26-5-2007_pg5_25

DUBAI: Iraq’s pending new oil law does not mention production-sharing contracts and will guarantee that 80 percent of oil reserves are managed by the Iraqi National Oil Company, the oil minister said in remarks published on Friday.

“There is no mention of production-sharing contracts,” Hussain al-Shahristani told the pan-Arab daily al-Hayat.

The state-owned Iraqi National Oil Company would control all fields other than those that are not now in production and which are a long way from production, he added.

“This means that 80 percent of discovered Iraqi reserves will be set aside for the Iraqi National (Oil) Company, and this invalidates the claim that the law will pave the way for foreign companies to control Iraqi oil,” he said.

I also want to add that it is the Iraqi's that are deciding all of this. If they want to engage in PSA's it is their business to do so.
The IoS was penned by the US and submitted to the Iraqi Parliament. Multiple copies of the proposal have been leaked.

TSAs are the only way to deal in oil.

The law has not yet been passed, so all that can be discussed is what the proposals for the law indicate, which is, according to most sources, PSA based contracts over 30 year terms.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-06-19 09:32:11)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

I saw some of the leaks. Who it favors depends on who you want to listen to. The Iraqi government tells us that the majority of the field would be under the Iraqi National Oil Company. The Iraqi unions are saying otherwise. However the point of this is to discuss the idea that an Iraq invasion was planned so that 4 years later we could watch as the Iraqis try to work out how they would manage their oilfields.

Are American oil companies lobbying for the contracts, you bet. Is every other contractor, yep.... including the Chinese.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

I saw some of the leaks. Who it favors depends on who you want to listen to. The Iraqi government tells us that the majority of the field would be under the Iraqi National Oil Company. The Iraqi unions are saying otherwise. However the point of this is to discuss the idea that an Iraq invasion was planned so that 4 years later we could watch as the Iraqis try to work out how they would manage their oilfields.

Are American oil companies lobbying for the contracts, you bet. Is every other contractor, yep.... including the Chinese.
The difference is the Americans will get them, as will the British.

You can bet that companies like Shell, BP, Chevron and Exxon are rubbing their hands with glee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You can bet that companies like Shell, BP, Chevron and Exxon are rubbing their hands with glee.
Sure they are. They rub their hands with glee when oil is found in the Gulf of Mexico or when restrictions are lifted that allow them to drill closer to shorelines also. My point is Iraqis are deciding this. Sure there is pressure and lobbying from American business, but that happens everywhere. There is no doubt that there are many foreign business's that will benefit from the war. They do in every war. I would just like to see some of you guys get out of the single mindedness that this was all about oil. It's much deeper and disappointing than that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sure they are. They rub their hands with glee when oil is found in the Gulf of Mexico or when restrictions are lifted that allow them to drill closer to shorelines also. My point is Iraqis are deciding this. Sure there is pressure and lobbying from American business, but that happens everywhere. There is no doubt that there are many foreign business's that will benefit from the war. They do in every war. I would just like to see some of you guys get out of the single mindedness that this was all about oil. It's much deeper and disappointing than that.
I'm certainly not one of the "The war was all for oil" crowd. But there are all sorts of benefits the US/UK are getting to do with the oil and reconstruction (KBR are making a killing). Especially since bidding for a whole load of contracts was done under the CPA.

I don't think the war happened because of the oil, but I don't think it would've happened if the oil wasn't there.

It's just another case of "to the victor go the spoils...".
geNius
..!.,
+144|6458|SoCal

m3thod wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Gimme a fucking break. If we had of done nothing, the world would still be coasting along right this minute.

Nothing like all that oil Iraq is sitting on...
Yeah it would be coasting along wouldn't it?  Iraq making money off the UN's useless sanctions. More countries (Iran, NK, etc) seeing the UN and their "naughty boy" resolutions don't mean dick.

I would really like...RIGHT FUCKING NOW....for one of you to show me exactly how the oil from Iraq gets in my car here in Ohio????  Please fucking show me.  Proof???  Anyone???
I recommend spectacles.  You're shortsightedness is causing you some problems.

Poor baby.
Still never a point.  Your attempts to condescend in every post are only inflating your own head.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6371

m3thod wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

1. Bollocks
2. Bollocks
3. Bollocks
4. Bollocks
5. Bollocks
6. Bollocks
7. Bollocks
8. Bollocks
9. Bollocks
10. Bollocks
11. Bollocks
12. Bollocks
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I love the smell of desperation of the morning.

it gives me wood.
wood? that explians your " Desperation "

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2007-06-20 15:15:25)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
I am a OIF vet who strongly believed that it was a crime to invade.  I felt this way the entire year of my deployment as well as ever since.  we shouldnt have.  but now that we're there, I believe it will be a crime to pull out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard