Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

secshunayt wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

> I think all the DX10/prospectful DX10 owners resent that statement >

edit: You'll still need a DX10 card to go with it, so might as well upgrade to Vista if you're plopping down $400 odd bucks on a GFX card.
But Vista and gaming don't mix.
Vista and games written for XP don't mix; Vista and games written for DX10/Vista should mix.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but DX10 is so integrated into Vista's driver model that there's no way it'll ever be ported to XP, and can you imagine how much of a performance hit you'd take trying to emulate it? *shudders*
3rd party developers are making DX10 APIs for XP. They will be slow.

There is no truth in the rumours that DX10 is "so integrated into Vista's driver model that there's no way it'll ever be ported to XP", but regardless of that fact, it will never be ported to XP.

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

You guys got to realize, those "minimum" requirements are so undershot. I know a lot of in-depth stuff on Crysis and to be honest, you wouldn't WANT to play that game even on the recommended requirements. If you want to play it to its fullest power then use DezertEagal5's "Premium Specs" list.
CPU: Dual Core AMD 2.6ghz+ | Dual Core 2.8ghz/Quad Core Intel.
Graphics: 8800GTS-GTX
Ram: Atleast 2gb high speed
Internet Connection: 5mb (2mb up)
DirectX 10 On Vista (For the ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE. Untill they come out with DX10 for XP)
My personal idea: CONSIDERING the intense graphics and strain on servers i foresee VERY BAD pings for people with shit internet or anything less then 5mbps.
"Untill they come out with DX10 for XP" - They won't.

Yeah right, you need a 5Mb internet connection with 2Mb upstream - that sounds totally realistic and feasible. It certainly doesn't sound like you know a lot of in depth stuff about Crysis and the system requirements.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Minimum wouldn't require an 8800 card.

7800GTX at the least. Remember, it's minimum, meaning the lowest possible card that can handle the game at low settings.

My guess is that a 7800GTX will run the game at medium, 7900s will run the game at medium-high, and 8800s will run it ultra high with all option enabled, plus a good anti-aliasing mode.
SoC./Omega
+122|6533|Omaha, Nebraska!

Ryan wrote:

CGames.de wrote:

Cevat Yerli (CEO of Crytek) has confirmed that there will be an open beta as well as both a singleplayer and multiplayer demo to be released. They report a total of 20,000 beta keys to be given away. The date seems to be set at sometime just before the start of Q3 (so sometime in June). The report also includes that people interested will have to apply for a key.

Here's a true translation of the pcgames.de article for you all...

Cevat Yerli, CEO of the Crysis-makers Crytek, told our colleagues of PC Games Hardware some interesting informations about the download that thousands of players are waiting for. According to him there will be an open beta test prior to the release, which anyone can apply for. Who applies first will get them, in total there will be 20,000 beta keys.

Around the release date there will be two demos. One Singleplayer and one Multiplayer demo. We are anxious to know if the Delta difficulty level will be available. In this difficulty level only a few bullets will be deadly and there will be no HUD.
- Crysis -
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resource … -thumb.jpg

The beta should be out sometime this month, so this is just a heads-up. Keep an eye out and keep checking the various Crysis sites if you are interested. The demo will also be released before the official release, sometime in the near future.

System Requirements
* Note: These are not official.

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon X2 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GT or ATI X1800XL Pro (SM 3.0)
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Information wrote:

[*] Crysis will run on both DX9 & DX10 as well as Windows XP and Windows Vista.
[*] A graphics card that supports Shader Model 2 or higher is required.
[*] CryEngine2 is estimated to scale back 2 years, and scale ahead 1.5 years.
[*] A single 7800GTX will run the game quite well on fairly high settings according to Crysis Art Director, Michael Khaimzon.
[*] Jack Mamais of Crytek said in an exclusive Crysis-Online interview that his X1900XT runs the game very well at reasonably high settings ( still unoptmized ).
[*] Crysis will dynamically utilize all processing threads available. Meaning quad-core processors will be supported.
Comparison (DX9 vs. DX10)

I hope this is helpful and a good heads-up for you guys. I'll enjoy playing with you on the beta/demo as well.
i'm not even going to try to play the beta or demo, it will eat my computer.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Ryan wrote:

7800GTX at the least. Remember, it's minimum, meaning the lowest possible card that can handle the game at low settings.

My guess is that a 7800GTX will run the game at medium, 7900s will run the game at medium-high, and 8800s will run it ultra high with all option enabled, plus a good anti-aliasing mode.
8800s will not run the game in ultra high with everything enabled. Don't be so silly.

7800/900 series cards should run the game acceptably on medium settings. 8800s should be just about ok in highish modes in DX10.
Ryan

Bertster7 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

8800s will not run the game in ultra high with everything enabled. Don't be so silly.

7800/900 series cards should run the game acceptably on medium settings. 8800s should be just about ok in highish modes in DX10.
True. After hearing people lagging in BF2 and 2142 with an 8800, I can expect the same with Crysis.
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6425
they say that no PC for 1 and 1/2 years can run it on max high
Dragonclaw
+186|6297|Florida
Well its safe to say I need about 2500$ for a new PC if I can ever hope to play this game.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Well its safe to say I need about 2500$ for a new PC if I can ever hope to play this game.
I can update my processor, RAM and card for just over £400. Problem is I don't know what else would be required to operate those parts in my comp, motherboards etc, sucks trying to update a comp when you know nothing about it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Ryan wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

True. After hearing people lagging in BF2 and 2142 with an 8800, I can expect the same with Crysis.
Lag with 8800 on BF2? Are you on crack? Mine ran at 99FPS constant with 16X AA with supersampling and 16X AF all high @ 1280X1024... I bet it's the old driver issues.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Yay I have above recommended specs

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-06-21 02:15:45)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6401|Espoo, Finland

ShawN_ wrote:

Yay I have above recommended specs
I don't. I guess it's new-PC-time on '08.
FloppY_
­

Ryan wrote:

You are wrong.... 7800GT (ONLY GT, NOT XTREME) is the RECOMMENDED graphicscard... which means that this will run it at medium-high settings the minimum gfx card is a 6600... please read your own post before posting comments to it eh ?

Last edited by ShawN_ (2007-06-21 02:22:18)

Ryan

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Lag with 8800 on BF2? Are you on crack? Mine ran at 99FPS constant with 16X AA with supersampling and 16X AF all high @ 1280X1024... I bet it's the old driver issues.
I have heard things like that. They have something wrong with their card and complain about low fps problems.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6439|Boulder, CO
there's a better direct x comparison video which is this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy_QfmIQ … mp;search=
that video just left me mouth wide open. Yay i have everything on that premium list except the 2 gig of ram (only got 1 at the moment but i'm going to get 2 gig later on giving me 3 gig) and I'm not sure what my broadband is actually as the supplier said they were upgrading peoples internet to 8 mb (with virgin) but i'm just not sure. oh and i also need vista but i'm getting that anyway, is it better to buy the 32 bit vista or the 64? as i know that the 64's built to be able to handle 4 gig of ram which i've read the 32 bit can't but i've heard the 64 has problems.

+K to the first person to answer my questions.
FloppY_
­

Noobeater wrote:

there's a better direct x comparison video which is this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy_QfmIQ … mp;search=
Crytek's Cervat Yeli has said that skilled players will be able to enter and control one of those !!!
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6709|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
shit...time to upgrade the system again...
Qrite
sup g
+79|6167|Ohio
hell yeah! i meet all teh recomended specs. since i do, will i be able to run its graphics on high? oh , and  i have a EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Ryan wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

I have heard things like that. They have something wrong with their card and complain about low fps problems.
Old drivers ftl.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

That might be medium-high, cause I don't think you can use DX10, but it'll run it fairly well. I'll buy the game and wait some time until I get an uber powerful computer that will eat this game.
Qrite
sup g
+79|6167|Ohio

M.O.A.B wrote:

That might be medium-high, cause I don't think you can use DX10, but it'll run it fairly well. I'll buy the game and wait some time until I get an uber powerful computer that will eat this game.
were u answering about if i could run it on high

Last edited by [REB]Qrite (2007-06-22 10:47:40)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

yes i was, but don't take my word for it, i'm no technical boffin .
Qrite
sup g
+79|6167|Ohio
oh well, at least i got input on it . thanks.
secshunayt
+2|6149

[REB]Qrite wrote:

hell yeah! i meet all teh recomended specs. since i do, will i be able to run its graphics on high? oh , and  i have a EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card
More likely, you'll be able to run the game at medium-low / medium settings. Your card is incapable of benefiting from the performance gains of DX10, so all of those beautiful graphics will be chewing up even high end systems when running under DX9.
The_Mac
+96|6218

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

Why? Just play it one the one you have, and through the year, as you upgrade, you'll be able to go through it as you wish. It's not like the graphics will change your life much.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6408|Norway | Unkown
You can download the official Box Art and Wallpaper for Crysis here

Edit: Wallpapers are made by someone else Sorry ^^

Last edited by PhaxeNor (2007-06-22 15:36:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard