Pacman
+0|6280|UK
I was playing a round the other day and someone got into a vodnic, and sat in the drivers seat obviously,
i lined my scope at them, through the side glass n killed them with my L96, i thought the m95 was the only sniper capable of shooting through glass?
or do vodnic and the like not count...or because it was through the side, do they have a window rolled down?
i thought it was pretty cool.
i have a screeny. whats the easiest way to post it?

anyone any thoughts?
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

It's probably just the terrible hitboxes. The soldier was really 3 feet outside the Vodnik, on the hood of the vehicle
Pacman
+0|6280|UK
ment GLASS obviously.
t0mhank5
+319|6728|Surge
i think that theres no glass on the side windows of the vodnik.. like you said the window was rolled down.
motherdear
+25|6668|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
every weapon can shoot through normal glass, but the glass in choppers/planes is armored. and by the way the side window glass is rolled down.
Pacman
+0|6280|UK
he was definately in the car

oh ok, fair play, i thought it was summin special *sigh*
still life goes on

Last edited by Pacman (2007-06-18 11:41:06)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6306|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

t0mhank5 wrote:

i think that theres no glass on the side windows of the vodnik.. like you said the window was rolled down.
Yup. That's why you can still be hurt by small arms fire when you ride around in a Humvee/Vodnik, and can get blown out by a claymore.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6711|UK
Maybe it was that glitch where your hud shows one weapon but is actually another, eg the L85 - m16 glitch where u get a full auto m16.

It happened with a m95 and l96

EDIT: I just actually read the OP, theres no glass on the side

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2007-06-18 11:46:31)

Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6708|England
There is a bug where sniper rifles get mixed up, I've had it happen many times before and it think it has something to do with switching to a different sniper rifle once you switch teams at the end of a round as it always seems to happen after then. So you can be shooting people with an M24 but it registers as an L96A1. Its great when its the L96A1 or M24 and it registers as a M95. I was once shooting at a chopper with the M24 and it killed the pilot. Was like WTF, this new patch owns (was first round after 1.41 was released) but found out it was a bug
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6543|So Cal

t0mhank5 wrote:

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6711|UK

Drykill wrote:

There is a bug where sniper rifles get mixed up, I've had it happen many times before and it think it has something to do with switching to a different sniper rifle once you switch teams at the end of a round as it always seems to happen after then. So you can be shooting people with an M24 but it registers as an L96A1. Its great when its the L96A1 or M24 and it registers as a M95. I was once shooting at a chopper with the M24 and it killed the pilot. Was like WTF, this new patch owns (was first round after 1.41 was released) but found out it was a bug
I beat you to it
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6330|Netherlands

Samtheman53 wrote:

Drykill wrote:

I beat you to it
Yea i had a m24 once, but it shot like a l96
armin
+0|6772| Bosnia & Herzegovina
YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

MYTHBUSTERS proved that you cannot shoot someone through their scope!

HA!
aZWARt325
Banned
+7|6175|Long Beach, California USA

t0mhank5 wrote:

Yes their is no glass I do it alot still fun especially when its moving (ive done it 2 times)
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6666|Keyboard

armin wrote:

YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

MYTHBUSTERS proved that you cannot shoot someone through their scope!

HA!
Mole eyesight alert!!!
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6283|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Perhaps you were actually using this gun:

check out the cheesy-ass music!
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6318
The M95 is the only weapon capable of shooting through glass.

Either you are lying ( Not saying that you are ), Or you shot him through the side window that is already open.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
The L96 can shoot through the weak Vondik/Humvee glass. Only M95 can shoot cockpit glass.
HSG
+23|6490|British Columbia, Canada
NOpe theres gotta be some sweet spot in teh glass becuase a while back this happen to me in an attack chopper on wake i had full health too. Heres the topic
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=46700

Last edited by HSG (2007-06-18 15:06:52)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6479|meh-land
all glass is the same.  you cannot shoot through it unless you have the M95

however, with hitbox lag you can get some really wierd stuff, ie knife the pilot out of a chopper.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6601|Seattle

t0mhank5 wrote:

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-06-18 15:20:23)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6338|Orrstrayleea

motherdear wrote:

every weapon can shoot through normal glass, but the glass in choppers/planes is armored. and by the way the side window glass is rolled down.
Thats your answer right there ^^
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6338|Orrstrayleea

Blehm98 wrote:

all glass is the same.  you cannot shoot through it unless you have the M95

however, with hitbox lag you can get some really wierd stuff, ie knife the pilot out of a chopper.
Wrong some weapons can shoot through HUMMER AND VODNIK glass, me and a mate tried on an empty server
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6213|Winland

*SIGH*

I've written mods, so let me make this clear:

THE GLASS IN THE FRONT OF HUMVEES/VODNIKS IN ONLY PENETRATABLE BY THE M95
AND
THE HUMVEES/VODNIKS HAVE NOT GOT ANY SIDE WINDOWS

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-06-18 16:39:12)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
RD_The_Dog
+87|6553
I've shot the pilot out of a chopper with an AK.  And im sure many of you have shot the pilot/gunner out with eryx/sraws and cannon fire from Jets/choppers.  So the m95 is not the only gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard