killaer
+41|6715
I've noticed when surfing any thread to do with SS, the usual reply is "YEAH, I LOVE SONOHUGA STALEMATE! MAKE A 24/7 SERVER FOR IT" or "Worst map in BF2"

I perseonaly love SS, It's a great map. The atmosphere is just great, the fact that it's in a jungle landscape with all the little rivers is great, and there can be some really great concentrated spots with action, and I noticed people tend to travel in one big convoy of armor going from flag to flag, and when the Blackhawk gets in the air it gets really interesting. Why all the hate?
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6768|Canada, Ont
Because you can't Medic Whore on it, lol
v3kt0r
+7|6224|in a cave w/ my guns & dope
It seems like the trend is for the smaller map, less terrain to cover with more predictable kill locations.  Which is probably more preferred by newer players looking for the easier learning curve.  It is also prefered by the player who wishes to bank mad crazy points with less effort.  I find I play larger maps when i need a slower pace.  When I'm looking to take my time putting 50cal rounds in a smurfs brain from the sweetest locations.  For me I think it all just boils down to what mood I'm in.
USARANGER01
+35|6646|America
i love that map

its a shame no servers play it
simmy.uk
+117|6436
any map which hinders grenade nadding, claymore spamming and medic whoring usually goes down badly with the vast majority of BF2 players....hmmm pretty much means 95% of the maps are unpopular...except karkand of course which is perfect in every way.

Songhua Stalemate is my fav map.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6701

simmy.uk wrote:

any map which hinders grenade nadding,
Grenade nadding?  That sounds painful for men...
killaer
+41|6715

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't know what worse, your spelling of Songhua or killer. Sonohuga? Jesus fucking Christ.
Excelent way to be a complete cock. I got the spelling of a map wrong, big deal.
LightBred
+0|6195
i love it.
link52787
+29|6519
I like the map, since I only snipe it has some good sniping spots,  I like the USA vs Chinese maps more than the USA vs MEC maps.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6535
Shonghua rocks.......the server needs to pumping though.......you dont want 10 vs 10 on a 64 player version of shonghua, then its just boring.  But if it's full it's awesome.

Another very nice thing about that map is that a sniper can more often than not outscore a medic.
t0mhank5
+319|6710|Surge

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't know what worse, your spelling of Songhua or killer. Sonohuga? Jesus fucking Christ.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
I think BF2 player just don't like maps you have to know to get around on. So many little roads running just under the surface its easy to put a wheel wrong and end up in the lake. Plus near that one flag its a huge cliff, so you have to go all the way around if your on foot.

Like iron gator people cant find their way around, and rather then learning they go elsewhere....
masculata
+24|6674|45° 30',North by 73° 35',West

cablecopulate wrote:

lolz
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6568|United States
I enjoy the map but rarely play on it. Unless you have a full server of about 40+ people, the map just isn't very fun. There's too much land to cover, and the game usually ends up with two armour trains driving on opposite sides of the map, continuously capping flags after each other.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
Songhua's a Great map, Only time I can actually have fun on it is when CAL or TWL has it for our match.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6719|Ireland | Monaghan

I never see a server playing it; but it's one of my favorite maps, mainly cause I like the Chinese weapons... I think it's too big to have 32 players on it, and it finishes to quickly when you have 64.

Make me think about how much a Urban Map with China would kick so much ass:)

P.s: Find a Euro Songhua server let me know.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6498|Valley of the Dragons
Because most people cannt find it, because they spell it wrong
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
Its a pain in the ass unless its either a) a completely full 64/32 player server or b) a 16 player infantry only version on a 16 player map. Otherwise its just too... soul less mindless flag hopping.

And this is ciming from someone who at various stages prefereed songhua to all other maps in the game.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6517|Adelaide, South Australia

I love the map - it's a sniper's heaven. Hell, even Engy's can get some time in it laying mines everywhere. No-one expects mines anymore

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

Because you can't Medic Whore on it, lol
Actually, that probably sums the hate reasons up.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-06-18 02:21:54)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Like iron gator people cant find their way around, and rather then learning they go elsewhere....
Im not doing a guide for Songhua

Songhua rocks. If it wasnt for my slow loading time and the lack of servers playing it, Id be hopping between servers like I dont know what.
Ive only played it for about 3hours, but those are some of the best 3hours Ive had in this game.

There is a 24/7 IMA IO Songhua but Ive never seen anyone in it, and its been around for about a month or so.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6527|Belgium

Snake wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Im not doing a guide for Songhua

Songhua rocks. If it wasnt for my slow loading time and the lack of servers playing it, Id be hopping between servers like I dont know what.
Ive only played it for about 3hours, but those are some of the best 3hours Ive had in this game.

There is a 24/7 IMA IO Songhua but Ive never seen anyone in it, and its been around for about a month or so.
I tried serverhopping for a while, to play more Songhua but the loading times werent worth it in the end.
Songhua is one of those maps where i can just prone on the ground, and my ghillie suit actually works for a change. Lots of squad based play too, and well created atmosphere.

But the most popular maps are the ones where the flags are closest (Karkand...) , and/or lots of opportunity to rape (Wake island/Jala)
BluRR33
+27|6385|Sweden
Great map.. but i love  Kark   I'm a ;Medic whore Noob; 

i tested my self and reached 8.5 SPM with  1 of my acc proud
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6325|105 RVK
Songhua Stalemate      02:35:18 ? U love it? then play it.

I just hate when ppl go ''OMG DAT MAP IZ DA BEZTAZ MAPZ EVA AND SHITZ'' when they havnt played over 20 hrs on it and most only about 2

Last edited by Missionless (2007-06-18 04:48:09)

[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6219|Finland

USARANGER01 wrote:

i love that map

its a shame no servers play it
yeah that is so true, it so peaceful map..
And atmosphere is great too
BOURBON-USMC-
Eff nuggets!!!
+6|6384
It makes a great map to, as been said before, go around in a convoy from flag to flag with all the armor. And interesting enough it even makes for a fairly decent IO map. We ran it on our Clan server for a while before and we all liked it. I guess it's just one of those maps no one will bother to give a chance because of how its setup (especially the fog).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard