Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida
You see microsof tcoming out with the latest and greatest technology.
You see thousands of doctors around the world, and even more learning.
You see work on technology to stop the use of gasoline.

But i haven't yet seen 1 organisation of doctors work on extending life.

Excuse the lack of intellegence, but "WTF IS UP WITH THAT!"

Dont these doctors and scientists realize that there's, and everyone elses life clock is ticking.

The only example of this i can find is Cryonics (a.k.a. Cryogenics) Which is the freezing of the body. Which, is still a very expensive and infantile science, which still has no way of thawing and reviving the body. yet.

Personally, im considering spending my life extending my life. Because, well, im terrified of death.

Discuss.
15 more years! 15 more years!
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
erm, what do you think curing diseases and stuff helps to do! It prolongs the life of those who most need it, andquite often the elderly, who dont
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6651|can
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6478

Two words.

Shock Paddles.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

NooBesT wrote:

Two words.

Shock Paddles.
If only we could respawn after 15 seconds.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
If you live your life trying to extend it then what's the point in that?

Even if you do manage to somehow extend it, lets say by 15 years, what are you going to do in them 15 years? Work on extending your life even more?

May as well enjoy the time you have.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6475|Melbourne - Home of Football
Don't worry, there are people out there researching exactly what you're after, why? Imagine someone said you could live forever, wouldn't it be so easy to put down the  $1 million dollars you earned in the last 15 years if you knew you'd live for another thousand? It's a big money area, they just have to make the right breakthroughs: If you could stop your telomeres shortening for example, you might not age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomeres
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

Don't worry, there are people out there researching exactly what you're after, why? Imagine someone said you could live forever, wouldn't it be so easy to put down the  $1 million dollars you earned in the last 15 years if you knew you'd live for another thousand? It's a big money area, they just have to make the right breakthroughs: If you could stop your telomeres shortening for example, you might not age.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomeres
Awesome, that kinda reasurance is what i was looking for. I would pay any amount of money to live for ever/indefinitly

On a funnier note, the second sentance of the wiki...:

Wikipedia wrote:

Every time linear eukaryotic chromosomes are replicated during late S phase, the DNA polymerase complex is incapable of replicating all the way to the end of the chromosome
Lol...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51
You do know that they are researching on how th reduce the  free radicals that come loose when you breathe in oxygen, the things that eventually break down your DNA and kill you. Gotta love the irony though, the one thing that keeps us alive, also kills us.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

RDMC(2) wrote:

You do know that they are researching on how th reduce the  free radicals that come loose when you breathe in oxygen, the things that eventually break down your DNA and kill you. Gotta love the irony though, the one thing that keeps us alive, also kills us.
Like the machine on the Matrix 3?

Yeah, he says that word for word.

On another note, if i was Earth's leader, I would put all the worlds resources into finding aliens. Maybe they'd have found some cures and answers.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

RDMC(2) wrote:

Lol bitter-sweet
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6667|California
You are plain stupid....

Look up life expextancy(sp)  200 yrs ago...

Now look up 100 yrs ago...

then 50...

Looks like we have been working on it all along...

and it's working.

duh.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

You are plain stupid....

Look up life expextancy(sp)  200 yrs ago...

Now look up 100 yrs ago...

then 50...

Looks like we have been working on it all along...

and it's working.

duh.
Lol well, 80 years isn't good enough, bitch. Try 800.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725
Overpopulation is one of the main problems.

What Dave said is ftw.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

Aubrey de Grey is about the only guy taking the whole thing really seriously.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-06-17 11:50:28)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

What Dave said is ftw.
Ide much rather live crouded then not live at all... Remember, roughly 50% of those people will be chicks, and maybe 25% of them will be hot

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-06-17 11:52:17)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6839|Denver colorado
You really are obsessed with this... It's a bit sad really..

Mebe liek.. Look at that link TrashBlinD posted
http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/fear … =3473:1705
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6489|Somewhere else

With the way things are going in this world.  We need to focus on killing a few billion unwanted before we learn to make them live longer.

Child Molesters, Rapists, Murders, Thieves, Coporate Criminals, Corrupt Politicians, Psychopaths, Serial Killers, Junkies Degenerates,Mimes, Cdogmn, and Paris Hilton fans all needed sorted out and executed.

Then we can worry about making life longer.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6451|SoCal

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

What Dave said is ftw.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
specops10-4
+108|6752|In the hills
You should kill yourself, and maybe you might live forever!
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

specops10-4 wrote:

You should kill yourself, and maybe you might live forever!
What he means is become an hero.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

What Dave said is ftw.
Ide much rather live crouded then not live at all... Remember, roughly 50% of those people will be chicks, and maybe 25% of them will be hot
now that is dumb. More people means more land is turned into accommodation, less land available for recreation or making food. Less food means starvation, and we'd have no room for us to live and insufficient resources to support us. Disease, death and war is the worlds way of stopping this happening.

Also do you really wanna live till your so old that you cant be independant anymore and can no longer do the things you enjoyed doing.

try getting out there and enjoying life while you can, rather than worryin bout it ending
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6456|Boulder, CO
if there was some way to massively prolong life then you'd pretty much need to make everyone sterile else the worlds population would sky rocket, as it is the earth can only safely support 2 billion people whilst the actual number of people is close to 7 billion.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
I think that if there was this sort of technology available I think (by that time) there would be a world government that would restrict the number of kids one could have.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6722|US

bennisboy wrote:

try getting out there and enjoying life while you can, rather than worryin bout it ending
wut he said

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard