kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Official Website

Day of Defeat: Source features multiplayer, team-based gameplay set in the WWII European theatre of operations. Players choose a role and tackle goal-oriented missions based on historical operations.

Day of Defeat: Source takes the classic gameplay of the original Day of Defeat and improves the experience with Source, the advanced engine technology Valve created for Half-Life 2. With this technology, DoD: Source offers state of the art graphics (including support for HDR lighting) in optimized versions of popular maps, plus redesigned sound and all new player, weapon, and world models.
I absolutely love this game! From extremely realistic weapon sounds and weapon recoil, I have to say that if I ever want to play infantry only, I'll just head up on Day of Defeat: Source! My favourite weapon has to be the US Army M1 Garand - it sounds absolutely immense! Snipers are difficult to control, MGs are deadly, this is by far, the best infantry only war-based game I've ever played.

(The start and end is weird, but the middle is fantastic (40 seconds it "starts" really)

IGN wrote:

I expect to be playing DoD a lot more than CS:S. In fact, I've found it to be a more satisfying game than Battlefield 2, which suffered from a lack of servers at launch, a lack of ranked servers, rank exploits, strange performance issues, high system requirements, air superiority, and a frankly rudimentary and partially arcane server browser implementation. Load times also leave BF2 in the dust.
Rated: 8.4/10 - Impressive!

Strategy Informer wrote:

The new graphics, fast paced game play, fun to play every class and good balancing of the weapon kits all bring Day of Defeat:Source to the front of the pack for WWII games on the market at the moment.

https://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/07/dod-source-artist-render.jpg

I'm off to go and play it now! Words cannot describe how great it really is, and the start of game music.. it's just absolutely fantastic!

- kyle.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

"Old" =p Sorry =p

Yeah it's a pretty dank game. I like the one map where the nazis start at the top of an incline, and the allies are at the bottom. It's in a city. The nazis get some nice sniping and bazooka spots...
killawarra
+0|6612

Hurricane wrote:

"Old" =p Sorry =p

Yeah it's a pretty dank game. I like the one map where the nazis start at the top of an incline, and the allies are at the bottom. It's in a city. The nazis get some nice sniping and bazooka spots...
You mean dod_avalanche

Last edited by killawarra (2007-06-17 09:45:20)

link52787
+29|6513
game gets boring after a while, still fun but I only play it once in a while.

You want a fun and more realistic WWII game?  Go play Red Orchestra.  That game is fun.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6444|Cambridge, UK

fun, some very good custom maps
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6445|Ontario, Canada
Old
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6586|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Hurricane wrote:

"Old" =p Sorry =p

there's 2, anzio and avalanche, both have excellent spots

my clan has a server up and we are on pretty much every night running stock and custom maps, fun bunch of guys too they'll give you a run for your money

ip:65.125.16.20:27015
Ryan
+1,230|6834|Alberta, Canada

Yeah, I have it, I might play it more often, but I like CS.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Red Orchestra deserves more than a mention here.

It was awesome. Pity the 5 day trial ran out. Ha, I'm a stingy bastard.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6500|The Sky
Fun game yes but it does get old.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
FYI, there is a lot more maps out now and certainly bombing mode is great. Some amazing custom maps, too.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6440|Newcastle NSW Australia
DOD:S is and awsome game. I've just started playing in my clans division and it rocks! At first I was a bit hesitant as aiming took a bit of time to get the hang of but now I love it.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
Me + kar98 = assured 'Holy shit!" s from teammates and enemy's.
Dragonclaw
+186|6297|Florida
DoD:S was a decent game. Red orchestra is TOO realistic, slow, and shitty to ever be even a partially good game.
link52787
+29|6513

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

DoD:S was a decent game. Red orchestra is TOO realistic, slow, and shitty to ever be even a partially good game.
you're just not good at it, takes time to get use to it.
Dragonclaw
+186|6297|Florida

link52787 wrote:

I only played it a few times. The scopes are annoying, the guns are annoying, ill stick with call of duty or DoD.
link52787
+29|6513

link52787 wrote:

I only played it a few times. The scopes are annoying, the guns are annoying, ill stick with call of duty or DoD.
I understand, Red Orchestra might not be suitable for some people.

The game is really fun once you get the hang of it.  The urban firefights are fun.  Especially the Stalingrad maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard