Poll

Like or Dislike

Like it60%60% - 108
Hate it40%40% - 72
Total: 180
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6730|Louisiana
I played a few rounds and I like it quite a bit.

Not too impressed with all the advertising but I like the map itself.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-06-17 13:50:29)

Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6584|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I have only played it from the Air, and it was very fun.  : p
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Tampa needs a lot more work to balance it out. Its only good when you have 64players on the 64size map.

Harvest and Smoke Screen work well for solid tank battles, but I agree that AT-Teams are far and few.
The reason EU mostly win Smoke is not due to the map, its due to the persistent EU teamswitching, teamstacking fucktards. When the teams are equal it works very well. If it was USMC vs MEC and came with vanilla it'd be an entirely different story.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6216
Great map, but scout helicopters would have been a nice addition.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6724

Twist wrote:

Now I'm not saying that there shouldn't be vehicles on a mpa, I LIKE vehivles, but they're there to support the INFANTRY, not to be the frontline of an attack, that's just crazy.

There's absolutely NO incentive towards playing inf, there's even no good reason for playing in a tank, because everyone has one, and the majority of the time is spend running around this gigantic map trying to even FIND an enemy.
The concept of (stationary) tanks SUPPORTING the infantry was  in the 1914-1918 era. Especially British/French troops  used that tactic.
That concept was the proven wrong in 1940 by the  german panzer divisions, who operated in highly mobile  "tank-wolfpacks" and used  Blitzkrieg tactics to slice through/circumvent  every defence with their tanks.   
Between 1941-1942,  Allied and Russian tank brigades quickly copied these new OFFENSIVE tank tactics.
Even today any real tank squads always operate in packs of minimum 4 tanks together, sometimes more.

On the subject of playing infantry: 1  engeneer with supplies  and without ANY vehicle can defend any  flag on Tampa ON HIS OWN. 
I just cannot understand that you - with 200hrs as engy - cannot figure that one out.
As defender you dont have to FIND enemies, the vehicles will come to you. 
Give it another try sometime,  and use your mines ! Mines are GOLD (  )  on this map.
I recommend a server for 64-players.  Tell us your story again after you played Tampa for 20 hrs.

Ergo, the diagnosis  by Talon was very accurate: Karkand Overdose Syndrome !
Thats the only map where the outdated support-tank role might work, not on Tampa.

Last edited by MajorHoulahan_MASH (2007-06-17 16:50:45)

ReTox
+100|6500|State of RETOXification
Great map.
spuddy1981
+10|6364|england
CLEAR revive +1

What does every1 one think now??

I got board of it pretty quick
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6695|Brunei Darussalam

Never had to chance to try this map. I either CTD when the map is loaded, or i get boot for modified content. Help?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
It´s crap. Hope the 2142 version is way better.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6329|105 RVK

spuddy1981 wrote:

CLEAR revive +1

What does every1 one think now??

I got board of it pretty quick
Revive points are 2+
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Sisco10 wrote:

It´s crap. Hope the 2142 version is way better.
What this map lacks is 2 attack helo's per side . If it is tank battle , there definitely should be tank hunter helos

Last edited by Longbow (2007-08-06 00:30:16)

Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6395|Belgium

so they can hover out of sight for eveybody and tv missile every tank to dust? I think not.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
it needs 2 planes for each side.  one is just not enough considering how many tanks there are.  maybe the F15 and F18 for the us and SU and MIG for the mec.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

Null vote.. I haven't played it yet.. and somehow I don't feel I want to
And i cant get it to work either....
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6345|New York
I think the map is a nice addition to the rotation.  It's reminiscent of the great tank battles you could have in BF1942 where you'd actually need a bit of skill to lead and hit that distant target rather than slugging it out from 50 feet away like is some of the other maps.  The map is huge too, and even with 64 players there never seems to be a shortage of armor of other types of transports.  All in all I think the map is very good, and it's nice to see EA is still supporting BF2.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
It is a great map all around for armor whores, the engineer, support,  AT kit, and SPEC ops, the aircraft are right combo - fighters with two bombs and not a major factor even when your plane gets stolen, uncap main base flags.

If you want this map to have two planes on each side I suggest playing Euro Forces Tarabul Quarry.

It is EZ to get your Xplosive badge on this map but I got my Vet Xplosive Badge twice but did not register

Last edited by loubot (2007-08-06 07:23:05)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
i still think this map is bugged as hell too.  it's the only one that i constantly experience connection problems.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6121
its wank
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6177|sverige
i like it, huge tank battles and only 1 aircraft disturbing, funt to c4 kamikaze and playing AT. A well balanced map imo
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6532
This is a great map. All the karkand whores wont play it though since they cant get the 20 spm that they so desperatly need to maintain their precious stats.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can
It makes Zatar look like a popular map.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
It's a good map, with lots of armor, and I like that. The things I dislike about it are that:

1. The fog makes it impossible to dogfight.

2. Where the hell is the bomber? Don't give me an F-18, give me my damn F-15.

3. I want to strangle the person that put the USMC airstrip where it is.
GunnerTim
+1|6127|Wisconsin
I personally like this map.  I haven't played it in a while since it was in beta, but I do remember a lot of people saying they had problems having points and other stats register. 

Oh and as someone else said, you really need to get like 3 or 4 tanks together and roll through the map together.  It's good to have at least 2 of the drivers be engineers so that they can repair each other, plus you can throw down the mines to protect the bases.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6223|Finland
I think it would be great map but for me it laaags like hell, fps around 1 or 2 so unusual...
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
I love the map, as a true vehicle whore I absolutely love it: Great tank battles, flaghopping with jeeps, jetwhoring and transport chopper whoring

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard