Poll

Like or Dislike

Like it60%60% - 108
Hate it40%40% - 72
Total: 180
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731
Personally I think this map is very well made, as its the first true vehicle map. Every other one has had its flaws.

The BF2 vehicle maps are generally badly designed, with lots of winding roads preventing you from being tactical (think FuShe and Dragon). Either that or they were too empty (think Zatar).

Smoke Screen was an admirable effort, but too many helicopters and not enough open ground led to too much death. Smoke was also massively un balanced, with the EU winning about 75% of the battles.

Taraba Quarry was jet heaven and everybody else's hell.

Operation Harvest had bases too small to defend, so there wasn't enough anti-tanking going on.

Road Rage was so so flat that a tank could hit you from the other side of the map - and there was nowhere to hide as the map was too linear.

Midnight Sun was fun, but too small, as there was no open gorund for tanks.

By contrast, Tampa Highway has it all - large, easily defendable bases around the outside of the map which allow your team to survive even if you get down to a single base; wide open spaces for massive rolling tank battles; transport choppers, which allow you to sneak attack bases and stop the battle becomeing bogged down at one base, but no attack helicopters which would get thousnads of points and kill all the tanks. And best of all, only one fighter jet per side - enough to kill the transport choppers, but not enough to do any serious harm to the tanks.

Well done Dice.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51
Its a fun map, well that is if you are in a tank, plane or in a chopper with ur clan throwing mines all over the place, other than that, if your team doesn't atleast have 2 tanks cooperating in a team than you might as well leave that instant and save yourself the trouble.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6445|Belgium
Its great for sniping if u dont get blasted away by tanks...
If u like armor whoring its certainly your cup of tea..
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6361|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
needs more ground transport since bf2 is full of fucking noobs who dont understand "hey i need a ride" even after you unload a clip into them.. Even worse if your MEC asking for a pickup its not even in english so i dont even bother.

Last edited by B00MH3ADSH0T (2007-06-17 03:40:18)

im_in_heaven
+27|6558
i like it i just think there should be more vehicles or the spawn points should be closer together. Im usually walking for half the map.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6709|Great Wall
Null vote.. I haven't played it yet.. and somehow I don't feel I want to
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
It's ok but what sucks is us heli whores get shot out of the sky to easily but the damn fighters.(Long story)
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6494|Little blue planet, milky way
Are you SERIOUS ? This map is the worst most sucky map ever made, I've seen half brained 8 year olds who's made better maps !

There are NO defensible positions on the map, there are NO obvious avenues of attack, theres' not even any RAODS (where's the highway ?), it's just one huge island with a little bit of water around it so the designer could fit in a boat !
Basically, anyone NOT in a vehicle will have NO fun on this map whatsoever, luckily there are vehicles enough for almost 64 players, which IMO is making the map even WORSE. And even those in a vehicle are just food for the pilots, untill such a time as an enemy airfield is taken, and the plane(s)  shot down, once this happens, the side with the enemys airfield will always win.
Now I'm not saying that there shouldn't be vehicles on a mpa, I LIKE vehivles, but they're there to support the INFANTRY, not to be the frontline of an attack, that's just crazy.

There's absolutely NO incentive towards playing inf, there's even no good reason for playing in a tank, because everyone has one, and the majority of the time is spend running around this gigantic map trying to even FIND an enemy.

No thanx... I've tried it, it's the worst map ever so far. If I ever play this map again, it will be a random map rotation, and I'll likely find another server if this map gets played. Otherwise if you find me playing this map, please shot me and put me out of my misery.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6423|Cambridge, UK

Twist wrote:

Are you SERIOUS ? This map is the worst most sucky map ever made, I've seen half brained 8 year olds who's made better maps !

There are NO defensible positions on the map, there are NO obvious avenues of attack, theres' not even any RAODS (where's the highway ?), it's just one huge island with a little bit of water around it so the designer could fit in a boat !
Basically, anyone NOT in a vehicle will have NO fun on this map whatsoever, luckily there are vehicles enough for almost 64 players, which IMO is making the map even WORSE. And even those in a vehicle are just food for the pilots, untill such a time as an enemy airfield is taken, and the plane(s)  shot down, once this happens, the side with the enemys airfield will always win.
Now I'm not saying that there shouldn't be vehicles on a mpa, I LIKE vehivles, but they're there to support the INFANTRY, not to be the frontline of an attack, that's just crazy.

There's absolutely NO incentive towards playing inf, there's even no good reason for playing in a tank, because everyone has one, and the majority of the time is spend running around this gigantic map trying to even FIND an enemy.

No thanx... I've tried it, it's the worst map ever so far. If I ever play this map again, it will be a random map rotation, and I'll likely find another server if this map gets played. Otherwise if you find me playing this map, please shot me and put me out of my misery.
50% kark - only surprise it wasnt more

I love it and tend to play inf. If you have a good squad with a transport heli or buggys etc infantry can kick butt.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

Twist wrote:

Im struggling to find anything to say about that...

The jets aren't a problem at all, if you have anyone half decent in your Linebacker/Tunguska, Inf can be devastating on this map, ive seen a squad of 5 rocketeers and a support dude destroy a 8 strong tank convoy, Not to mention that the inclusion of the boats means either side HAS to defend their airbase, if they want to retain air superiority.

I guess i found a few words to say..
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I would of thought that having to download it would of meant dicks wouldn't be bothered and would carry on at Wake, wow was i wrong.

Getting Tked for the only jet, Tanks blocking me taking off...

It's also a poor map. Desert maps are the easiest to make, and some half assed map maker has just put the same old buildings dotted around a desert without thinking about tactics for teams or cover.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

jord wrote:

I would of thought that having to download it would of meant dicks wouldn't be bothered and would carry on at Wake, wow was i wrong.

It's also a poor map. Desert maps are the easiest to make, and some half assed map maker has just put the same old buildings dotted around a desert without thinking about tactics for teams or cover.
Jord, as someone else said, the bases are well designed, so that they can be defended, even against a full scale armour/air/inf attack. I agree that there is nothing in place that trys to channel the flow of the game, but i think in this case, that makes it good, as armour has to actively defend itself, instead of just rolling around killing anything that moves.

-takes a breath

And so yeh, i like it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
spuddy1981
+10|6333|england
All the maps on Arial fury should have been more like this.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

fatherted13 wrote:

jord wrote:

Jord, as someone else said, the bases are well designed, so that they can be defended, even against a full scale armour/air/inf attack. I agree that there is nothing in place that trys to channel the flow of the game, but i think in this case, that makes it good, as armour has to actively defend itself, instead of just rolling around killing anything that moves.

-takes a breath

And so yeh, i like it
Fair enough, the bases are well defended. Like on most Bf2 maps, but i'll let you have that one.

I'm glad you like it, might mean you get back into Bf2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

jord wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

jord wrote:

-takes a breath

And so yeh, i like it
Fair enough, the bases are well defended. Like on most Bf2 maps, but i'll let you have that one.

I'm glad you like it, might mean you get back into Bf2.
Well, ive started playin a few rounds a day, but it just feels like im back in the old noob days, when i couldnt hit shit.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

fatherted13 wrote:

Well, ive started playin a few rounds a day, but it just feels like im back in the old noob days, when i couldnt hit shit.
Until he uses a SAW to mow down two innocent medics charging him with defibs.

Heartless, heartless bastard.

Last edited by cowami (2007-06-17 10:10:56)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
malarkeycoon
+16|6611|Cardiff
I like it but, as mentioned above, if your side isn't interested in 'tank teamwork' then you might as well stop playing. You just can't have a good round on this map as a lone wolf (jet pilot excluded). Personally I like to sit back in the refinery as AT and take out the many, many tanks that try to roll on in.

I would hazard a guess that the people who don't like that map are the ones who play a lot of IO.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

cowami wrote:

Until he uses a SAW to mow down two innocent medics charging him with defibs.

Heartless, heartless bastard.
Haha you loved it really.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6734

Twist wrote:

Its meant to be a vehicle map.  The open broad areas are so that there isn't a confined battle space.  More of an open Battle ground for a 5v5 tank battle or something similar.  Infantry has to hitch a ride (APCs, buggies, helios) and then they get out at the battle, a team with infantry support will win vs a team without infantry support.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731

Twist wrote:

I think someone needs to be diagnosed.

Condition: Karkand Overdose

Symptoms:

Loss of ingenuity and imagination, requires direction on where to go.
Loss of perception: fails to see concept of vehicle battles.
Loss of vision: fails to spot anti-tank kit at bottom of screen, and fails to spot enemies.
Loss of motor function: cannot find weapon change key to select rocket launcher
Loss of memory: forgets anti-tank kit has a rocket launcher.
Suicidal: asks to be "shot".

Treatment:

Take one vehicle map a day, in short, half-an hour periods. Over-exposure could lead to diabolical consequences.

----

In all seriousness, the map is a little big if you don't have 50+ players. But a full 64 players and the map is perfect.
aZWARt325
Banned
+7|6130|Long Beach, California USA
Havent played it yet. I think I might download it soon!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng
it bores me.
#rekt
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6649|In You Endo- Stoke
I love the map, played alot of jahalabad lately just for the tanks.Highway tampa is a great tank map.
Love the long distance tank fights.

Just wish some of the points i have got on the map updated
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6155
it would be better if there were attack choppers
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality
KARKAND OVERDOSE SYNDROME ===> ROFL

True tank battle map. Requires teamwork as armour AND as infantry or you die quickly. All bases can be defended by infantry teamwork (think medic, support and 4 AT).

Multiple avenues to attack and move around. The enemy could be anywhere. Good luck spawn camping.

The problems start when it is 64 player size and few people playing.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard