{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6467
This is after I posted a "straight to point" post in their forums...

You have every right to be upset that the servers you pay for and the game you have paid for is not working as intended. Just be aware that we are (and have been) working on it and we'll do everything we can to get everything in order. We understand how much this is impacting the game and are taking it very seriously.

I do apologize that it's been going on for as long as it has and I'll try to provide as many updates as possible so you know what's going on.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6476|Belgium

TheGiantSE wrote:

Corpy wrote:

Well on the official EA forum this is what a moderator had to say about it:

2. Stats take longer to update over the weekend. If you are playing in a ranked server over the weekend, it is possible that it will take a few days for your stats (and/or rank) to update. The simple explanation for this is that a ton of people play on the weekends... A lot more than on a week day. The servers can simply become overloaded, and it takes them a while to get through the process of updating everyone's stats and rank. So if you are playing on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please do not be alarmed if your stats do not show up right away. It can take as long as a couple of days (usually not that long, but it's possible) for your stats to be updated. Please be patient during this process, and your stats will eventually update.

I hope this has been helpful for many of you. Thank you for y our patience, as I know having to wait for your stats to update can be frustrating. But I assure you, you won't lose those points, badges, ribbons, medals, awards, and rank that you've worked hard on all weekend. They will eventually update.

So he can "assure" your points etc are not lost, but then again, he is a guy from EA, and I just have a hard time believing those guys when that start "assuring" things.

Oh and Hurricane, nobody said EA can't MAKE games, they simply can't SUPPORT them.( Prime example being the Command & Conquer Generals series...)
I have never had problems with stats updating during 1½ year of playing... so why would it now when probably less players are playing bf2 than a year ago...

Not loosing points, badges, ribbons.... I think it's lost if it's not there. They can loose points and badges when the update is working and now we should belive they keep track of 5 days playing, all players world wide...

Well what ever.... play for fun not for stats...

Would be nice to hear what DICE have to say...they made the game.
P.s more players are playing bf2(as in bf2142 political refugees and css rehabs...)
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
I want my stats back! I have bought BF2, SF, AF, EF.... Now, EA do something, you got my money!
I can understand - such things do happen, an hour or 2 - big deal! But this is too much ffs!!!
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I want my stats back! I have bought BF2, SF, AF, EF.... Now, EA do something, you got my money!
I can understand - such things do happen, an hour or 2 - big deal! But this is too much ffs!!!
Wow, a Colonel whining about how his precious stats don't update.  You've pretty much won BF2 dude.  Go play for fun now.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648
I think I'm gonna see how many times I can screen shot myself getting 3 star.
Chou
+737|6792
stats are still down?

damn
d.cripz
+29|6411
Z0mG MEH ST4TS ARENT UPd4t1ng
-=Oneshot=-
+8|6320
d00d i totally tits i mean i can go around and tk ppl 1000 times and not have it affect me THX EA U WUV OOZ LUNG TIME
sniperintheopen23
+6|6190
Thanks for letting me know. I am not gonna paly ti'll stats are fixed. +1
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
I sent EA an email about the stat situation, here is ther official reply.

My original question:

Customer 06/18/2007 04:52 PM

Hello

Just wondering what was going on with the stats. I have noticed that have not updated since tuesday the 12th. Since then  I have played on over a dozen ranked servers, most of them the regulars I frequent and it has never taken this long to update. I have also been on several forum sites and this seems to be a common complaint. Jusst wondering when this issue will be resolved.

Thanks

Response from EA.

Question Reference #070618-006803
Subject:  Hello Just wondering what was going on with the stats. I have noticed that ha...
Platform & Game:  PC
  Battlefield 2 and Expansions
    Battlefield 2
Category:  Technical Support
  Online Play Issue
Send Email Type:  Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)
Submitted:  06/18/2007 04:52 PM
Last Updated:  06/19/2007 12:54 AM

Discussion Thread
Response (EA Tech Marc C.) 06/19/2007 12:54 AM 
Greetings, Soldier!

I am sorry for the trouble you’ve experienced with Battlefield 2.  Unfortunately, at times the BF2 stat servers can experience brief outages. This can cause your stats to appear missing, not updating, or “wiped”.  Outage are caught and fixed almost immediately and impact to players is normally temporary and minimal.

We are working quickly to correct this outage as soon as possible.  Unfortunately, we do not have a time as to when this outage will be corrected.    We expect that your stats, rank, badges and ribbons should be back to normal after the outage.  If you are still experiencing a problem with ZERO or incredibly high stats, first, try logging into and out of the game a couple of times, as this can force your stats to be requested from the server and updated.  Players on dialup, or overseas may need to do this several times, especially during peak hours.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Marc C.
EA Tech Support

What a joke!!!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6579|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Jameseyy wrote:

Play for fun and not for stats?

Bf2's only saving grace is the stat system, without that there's not much to keep people playing.
QFT! Stats is prolly the only things that keep me on the battlefield...because i don't enjoy much beeing killed by claymore,nade spammage and such all day long (Even if i dont die often)
CloakedStarship
+76|6567
All this stats bashing is kinda funny.  This is the Battlefield 2 Stats forum right?
bluehorrors
+1|6201
i really don't like ea anymore, my in game name is bluehorrors used to have 130000pts now there all 0!! does anyone know how long this will last and if we will get our stats back ?
aLeX
.?
+160|6333|:D

First off, thanks to all you guys who joined the forum to moan about stats. That's fair enough but to the people saying they can tk, generally be an ass etc. I would be careful if I were you because if (notice I said 'if') the missing stats are updated.. well the joke's on you We have no choice for someone at EA to press some buttons or realise they have switched off the stats server, until then bitch away

And btw I wouldn't take notice of any 'official' comments from EA Staff, they all contradict each other as they have about as much idea of what's going on as we do.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

l-aLeX-l wrote:

First off, thanks to all you guys who joined the forum to moan about stats. That's fair enough but to the people saying they can tk, generally be an ass etc. I would be careful if I were you because if (notice I said 'if') the missing stats are updated.. well the joke's on you We have no choice for someone at EA to press some buttons or realise they have switched off the stats server, until then bitch away

And btw I wouldn't take notice of any 'official' comments from EA Staff, they all contradict each other as they have about as much idea of what's going on as we do.
lol  at least, so far, all the replies from EA are in english   
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Hey, how do you make a smiley with the tongue hanging out, (reminds me of my wife) hehehehe
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado

Superslim wrote:

l-aLeX-l wrote:

Hey, how do you make a smiley with the tongue hanging out, (reminds me of my wife) hehehehe
: then P
aLeX
.?
+160|6333|:D

Superslim wrote:

l-aLeX-l wrote:

lol  at least, so far, all the replies from EA are in english   
Haha +1 for that. Soon they'll just start replying in their own made up language..
TravisC555
+118|6221|Cox Convention Center, OK
Here is an official response from EA:

EA Violet wrote:

We have noticed a sharp increase in soldiers reporting that their stats, awards, and rank are not updating. This is under heavy investigation since, as you know, the ranking system is a central feature of the game.
------------------

I would like to thank everyone who contributed server information in this thread. I have more than enough to report up (I was actually suprized at how widespread this is to be honest). Hopefully all of this information will put us a step closer to getting everything back on track.
------------------

I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue and I'll provide updates in this main post as I recieve them.

~Violet
------------------

Updated and unlocked thread [6.19.2007 8:32 Pacific].
Locked thread to more easily compile data [6.19.2007 7:50 Pacific].
Edited post with full update [6.18.2007 15:36 Pacific].
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … dID=236686
bigguyhawaii
+1|6443

bluehorrors wrote:

i really don't like ea anymore, my in game name is bluehorrors used to have 130000pts now there all 0!! does anyone know how long this will last and if we will get our stats back ?
i dont know of anyone who lost points!!?  we all have not been awarded points/stats/awards on the games we have played recently.  either they screwed u or have proof of a hack and zero'd u out.  per ea they dont restore points for any reason.   i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649

Superslim wrote:

Unfortunately, at times the BF2 stat servers can experience brief outages.
brief outages? that really made me laugh a week is not that 'brief' in my opinion
Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Jameseyy wrote:

Play for fun and not for stats?

Bf2's only saving grace is the stat system, without that there's not much to keep people playing.
QFT! Stats is prolly the only things that keep me on the battlefield...because i don't enjoy much beeing killed by claymore,nade spammage and such all day long (Even if i dont die often)
No offense, but the stats are what CAUSE this kind of behavior.  If you Granade/Claymore spam all day for zero points, do you think as many people will be doing it?

I am still glad that there is no stats.  I've always said that unranked servers are superior because it keeps whores out and only dedicated players who enjoy the game for the game stay.  If you are clinging to the game because of the stats, I'll be the first one to wave goodbye.
CombatRsq
+5|6728|California
Found this on EA's form

Re: For EA Violet..
Posted:Jun 19, 2007 2:55 PM    in response to: boutilierjd (Ga...       Reply      Alert 

I wouldn't say it's going to be "a while" simply because we don't have a definite time-to-fix at this stage either way. I can say that progress is being made on narrowing down exactly what the issue is here and we'll let you know once we isolate the issue.

Sentience
Community Manager, EA DICE

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 3:08 PM    in response to: boutilierjd (Ga...       Reply      Alert 

To give you a better idea of how this is being addressed, a number of the guys on our support team are working full time with GameSpy on this particular issue. We're certainly not taking the issue lightly, we realise how frustrating waiting for your stats to update can be.

Sentience
Community Manager | EA DICE

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 3:20 PM    in response to: UKUSScotty (EA....       Reply      Alert 

You have every right to be upset that the servers you pay for and the game you have paid for is not working as intended. Just be aware that we are (and have been) working on it and we'll do everything we can to get everything in order. We understand how much this is impacting the game and are taking it very seriously.

I do apologize that it's been going on for as long as it has and I'll try to provide as many updates as possible so you know what's going on.

~Violet

Plus,

Posted:Jun 19, 2007 4:15 PM    in response to: thakaree (EA.com)       Reply      Alert 

Honestly, I dont' have any new information. I sent a list of detailed server information to the teams that work with Battlefield support. Stats not updating on this scale typically means that the stats 'snapshot' that ranked servers send to the stats server are not being processed properly. The support teams are working with with IGN and eachother to figure out exactly where that is breaking down.

I have not recieved news from them yet on if they found anything, but I only sent the server information recently so it may take some time.

I hope that is a more useful bit of information. I do apologize that I don't have much to give at this point.

~Violet 

Hope this helps to ease your minds
BluRR33
+27|6389|Sweden
OMfg   some hope? maybe??  Naaaah"!  my Badluck  will Follow me to Death
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6298|ohio,USA
this is getting gay for 6 days my stats have no updated will they every update?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard