[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6540
other poster >>> lol he's got 256 megs of ran, and a 64 meg video card,

You think thats bad? lol i'am old enough that i was running on sims and processors at 90mhz  with windows 1.3 or somthing like that, its been a while

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-21 21:15:38)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6699|NCFSU2
And you still can't spell or make any kind of sense.
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6540

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

And you still can't spell or make any kind of sense.
its slang helmet

Ya Wee Button Mushroom

lol

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-21 21:27:31)

[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6515

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I have a question for the long time players here. I recall several posts in here that state that this has happened before. If this is true. How long were the stats down last time and how well did EA communicate the problem and/ or update to fix the problem. I bought BF2 about a year and a half ago, but didnt start playing regularly until the last 4 or 5 months, so I never experienced any shut downs before. Just curious.
I wasn't playing for the last one, but from what I've heard, it lasted 2 weeks.  I'm not sure about the communication that EA put out.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I have a question for the long time players here. I recall several posts in here that state that this has happened before. If this is true. How long were the stats down last time and how well did EA communicate the problem and/ or update to fix the problem. I bought BF2 about a year and a half ago, but didnt start playing regularly until the last 4 or 5 months, so I never experienced any shut downs before. Just curious.
from what i remember it lasted roughly 2-3 days, and they didn't really communicate b/c it wasn't THAT big of a problem

at least that's what i remember
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

[GSF]AFROPUFF wrote:

You think thats bad? lol i'am old enough that i was running on sims and processors at 90mhz  with windows 1.3 or somthing like that, its been a while
Probably Windows 3.1. If you had a 90MHz machine, it had to be a Pentium, which didn't come out til after 3.1 and 3.11 where on the market for a while. My first was a Pentium 75 with Win 3.11, all my buds were jealous cuz they were still on 486s. Oh yeah.
MaDcAp
+0|6156
/depression is all around.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

genius_man16 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

from what i remember it lasted roughly 2-3 days, and they didn't really communicate b/c it wasn't THAT big of a problem

It may not have even been that long. The stats have never been down anywhere nearly this long before.
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6540
damn 3.11 is the one i was talking about.... and yeah it was pentium solitare galore
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6540
Battlefield Server Issues
Posted:Apr 2, 2007 4:56 PM

they where resolved the same day i think just short of 24 hours
cheify0
+2|6229|Philippines
It's starting to look and sound like Groundhog Day!

haha...lol!!
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
no stats?
watch this report in the meantime

http://edition.cnn.com/video/player/pla … maxim.affl
ToughGuy#3
+2|6159

tthf wrote:

no stats?

I want a hot Israeli girl. I want a hot Israeli girl.
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6184

ToughGuy#3 wrote:

tthf wrote:

no stats?

yeah they might even whoop your ass too lol
jeroensidler
+1|6844|Nederland

chittydog wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

It may not have even been that long. The stats have never been down anywhere nearly this long before.
To bad this time it isn't the same thing.
A few Mont's after the release of BF2 EA blocked for 1½ day all stats- sites (on purpose), so they could install a new server for the processing of the stats. The problem was that the que for updating all the players stats from all the public sites interfered with the game play. With this new server the problem was fixed. All the stats where updated within 3 days, without the lose of any stats.

This time something else is wrong, What? They say the link is broken. I think the new stat system EA has launched is the problem, why look at battlefield 2142 same thing happening. This takes to long. In a couple of day EA:...... "OUR stat server is working fine, use that one"... and they keep the link for the public servers down for a bit longer.

To bad i played for a week before looking at my stats, missing a few points now.

Last edited by jeroensidler (2007-06-21 22:51:14)

ToughGuy#3
+2|6159

mnishimura00 wrote:

ToughGuy#3 wrote:

tthf wrote:

no stats?

yeah they might even whoop your ass too lol
Maybe . . . but I'd sure like to go down trying!
toutinette
+2|6260|Canada
you are retards, EA is doing that on purpose to phase out this game and push you to buy another one...

morons
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6483|P-way, NJ

toutinette wrote:

you are retards, EA is doing that on purpose to phase out this game and push you to buy another one...

morons
You are retards?

So, ea wants to make us stop playing there game//buying to go buy another game. Ok

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2007-06-22 00:09:01)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6713|US

toutinette wrote:

morons
if thats the case then there's gonna be a lot of very pissed off people.
toutinette
+2|6260|Canada
what are you going to do? boycott EA games? lol

not 0.01% of the players will boycott EA if that happens

a game is 40 bucks so even if they screw you, you'll bite the bullet as they know you'll continue to buy the games you like.

they are by far the biggest game company in the world.

what did you believe? that they would provide endless gaming for 40 bucks?

retards!

Last edited by toutinette (2007-06-22 00:19:55)

HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Ok kids... listen.

How many servers are there?... go look.

How much to rent a month?... add that up...

EA and Dice are working very hard to get this thing running again...

Coz they like money.

Dont be silly... stats will be back.

I garentee it.
CC-Marley
+407|6829

toutinette wrote:

what are you going to do? boycott EA games? lol

not 0.01% of the players will boycott EA if that happens

a game is 40 bucks so even if they screw you, you'll bite the bullet as they know you'll continue to buy the games you like.

they are by far the biggest game company in the world.

what did you believe? that they would provide endless gaming for 40 bucks?

retards!
How old are you?
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
Here's simple math...

900 servers...  50 bucks a month...

That's 45,000...

12 months a year...

That's 540,000...  a year for a game that 2 years ago...

Um... Stats WILL be back...

and I counted low.
secshunayt
+2|6157

chittydog wrote:

[GSF]AFROPUFF wrote:

Probably Windows 3.1. If you had a 90MHz machine, it had to be a Pentium, which didn't come out til after 3.1 and 3.11 where on the market for a while. My first was a Pentium 75 with Win 3.11, all my buds were jealous cuz they were still on 486s. Oh yeah.
ha, i've got a 25mhz i486 sitting torn apart in my room right now. A whopping 4 megabytes of ram in that beast, running atop Windows 3.1 on a 129 megabyte Maxtor hard drive.
Krupp23
+2|6218
I can't imagine they did not make any backups.
Let's imagine a 1.000.000 Player (only for the worst case, maybe even less) accounts with more than 0 Points with 1.000 Bytes of Stat data (cannot imagine it's more, but if: let's assume another 500bytes). That makes "only" 1.0-1.5Gb to backup.

VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF DATA for an enterprise...

And they had only one stats server and that server crashed? So they cannot restore? No redundancies? No way!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard