Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6692|Calgary

ToughGuy#3 wrote:

EA is going to include a BF2 patch to fix the stat problems in the upcoming release of Madden NFL 08 so reserve your copy today.
?
dgutierrez32
+1|6161|Incirlik AB, Turkey

BlueAce07 wrote:

Nope. Not Updating

Are u BSing or promoting the server?

Or seriously did anyone update?
I guess I spoke too soon.  I got the IP from [url]http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117176[/url] and when I tried it at the time, it worked.  I believe the guy who posted it said the server crashed afterward and is no longer updating.  I went from like 1170ish to 1332 and earned a badge while playing in there (for the short time it was updating).

84.244.162.180:16567
8.2.121.23:16567
74.53.113.70:16567

Those are the ones that were said to be still updating, I'm pretty sure I've tried all three within the past eight hours and none update anymore...
Dolf86
+3|6157|shitney- australia
to all those people getting all worked up about playing and not recieving stats, how about.. STOP PLAYING UNTILL ITS FIXED

that is what i have done, why? because i know if i earned a bunch of ranks/medals/ribbons id be pissed knowing they wont be worth squat

as soon as i noticed the problem (thursday last week) i came on here, noticed many people having simmilar problems, and i figured, ok, im gonna stop playing so i dont become frustrated any further.

and guess what it worked! i havnt played in over a week, ive been playing other games, and its not phasing me, matter o fact, im not getting frustrated, but more so eager to get back to the game as soon as it is fixed so i can rank up again.

having this 1 week break has been good for me, gave me a rest from the game and im not getting suicidal like some people

kick back and down a beer ffs guys, its not the end of the world!
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA

Dolf86 wrote:

to all those people getting all worked up about playing and not recieving stats, how about.. STOP PLAYING UNTILL ITS FIXED

that is what i have done, why? because i know if i earned a bunch of ranks/medals/ribbons id be pissed knowing they wont be worth squat

as soon as i noticed the problem (thursday last week) i came on here, noticed many people having simmilar problems, and i figured, ok, im gonna stop playing so i dont become frustrated any further.

and guess what it worked! i havnt played in over a week, ive been playing other games, and its not phasing me, matter o fact, im not getting frustrated, but more so eager to get back to the game as soon as it is fixed so i can rank up again.

having this 1 week break has been good for me, gave me a rest from the game and im not getting suicidal like some people

voice of reason!! +1 and first karma!!
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180

Dolf86 wrote:

Ditto...I did the exact same thing and probably wont play until I hear different. Do I play for stats only? Its part of the reason I purchased the game to see how I do with the rest of the world. Its nice to see how you rank and I like to see how I am progressing. Are stats important...NO...buts it is nice to know and to compete to get better. Its more of a reference for me, but if there is nothing to reference, then I dont feel the need to play right now.
ToughGuy#3
+2|6159

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Dolf86 wrote:

Ditto...I did the exact same thing and probably wont play until I hear different. Do I play for stats only? Its part of the reason I purchased the game to see how I do with the rest of the world. Its nice to see how you rank and I like to see how I am progressing. Are stats important...NO...buts it is nice to know and to compete to get better. Its more of a reference for me, but if there is nothing to reference, then I dont feel the need to play right now.
Well said. Beer can make anything better.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria

Dolf86 wrote:

well said, man! +1 from me!
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6471|North of Dallas
The only reason I check the boards currently is to check the status of the stats updating.  Otherwise I am back kickin' some Oblivion.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6746|Mexico City
i just played 2 rounds at one ghost town 24/7 and points WERE updated...............weird

=TBU= TeaBaggers United - Ghost Town #2 that was the server...btw, it was fill with idiots.

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2007-06-21 00:11:21)

cospengle
+140|6487|Armidale, NSW, Australia

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Do I play for stats only? Its part of the reason I purchased the game to see how I do with the rest of the world. Its nice to see how you rank and I like to see how I am progressing. Are stats important...NO...buts it is nice to know and to compete to get better. Its more of a reference for me, but if there is nothing to reference, then I dont feel the need to play right now.
I think you've put your finger on it - it's not necessarily about winning awards (you can always get them again when the stats come back online). But without stats there's no way to see if you're a good player or not. Not that good stats = good player necessarily, but stats are an indicator if you use them properly. Without stats, the only thing you have to go off is whether or not your team won the round. But if you're team is full of good players and the other team is full of [insert me a year ago] you would still win easily even if you're a complete tard.

Looking at my stats over time I can see that I'm much improved (yes I know - a blatant misuse of the word 'much'). So stats are part of the battle; to beat yourself [sic] and show up the other nUbs you play with. Games aren't as much fun if there's no goal, and for me at least, in BF2 the goal is to become a good player (and having a record of your improvement is how you know you've done that).

Also, without stats there's really no deterent for people to TK and be fuckwits in general. It really is a key ingredient in maintaining the game's competitive environment (except for stats padders - but that happens so rarely it doesn't bother me).

But I'll still playing to keep my aim sharp for upcomming ladder matches. (And because it goes well with a beer while I wait for the stat to come back ).
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6466
At the risk of a huge amount of flaming  - has anyone heard anything new on the issue as of today?  10am GMT Thursday
Danorge
+7|6158|Denmark // 69! Az
yah lets get an update on how things are its been a week. since the first trouble got reported.

Thanks for the info with a server thats Ranking point @ the moment.
=TBU= TeaBaggers United - Ghost Town #2

Danorge over & out.

*edit*
21. juni 2007 11.04 - Vi oplever stadig problemer med Battlefield 2 stats, og har kontaktet vores BF 2 team i USA, dog er det stadig uklart hvad årsagen er til problemerne - så vi kan desværre ikke love hvornår dette skulle være løst. (Dette beklager vi selvfølgelig rigtig meget.) Og så snart der kommer nyt i sagen, melder vi det ud på denne side!
21. juni 2007 11.04 - We still have problems with the Battlefield 2 stats, and we have contacted our BF2 team in USA. The reason is yet to be found- So we cant promis when the problem should be solved. (yada yada yada)... When there is any news we annouce it at this site!

i have translated the best my skills allows me to.

Danorge over & out.

Last edited by Danorge (2007-06-21 03:14:25)

orange_ninja
+1|6173|Behind j00
Hey doods, how do i get the First Sergeant badge?? I'm Master Sergeant now and i just got my knife badge last week. So if the stats go thru, i'll be promoted to a First Sergeant? Please advise me. I'm quite a n00b
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6226|Mildura, Aus
is anyone in Australia getting updated? cause i haven't for a week so im just wondering.
Buffnuggles
+11|6733|The Hague, Netherlands

orange_ninja wrote:

Hey doods, how do i get the First Sergeant badge?? I'm Master Sergeant now and i just got my knife badge last week. So if the stats go thru, i'll be promoted to a First Sergeant? Please advise me. I'm quite a n00b
You are never gonna be First Sergeant, because you needed the knife badge before you reached the 20.000 points.
All you can do is work your way up to Sergeant Major (all basic badge).
Suicidal
+20|6509

Buffnuggles wrote:

orange_ninja wrote:

You are never gonna be First Sergeant, because you needed the knife badge before you reached the 20.000 points.
All you can do is work your way up to Sergeant Major (all basic badge).
...and thats a long haul!
orange_ninja
+1|6173|Behind j00
Looking @ my freaking stats, it sure it a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG haul.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6382|Oslo, Norway
Because stats update REALLY slow at weekends I played about 2000 points last weekend. Wife and kid out of town brings back the little boy inside. Looking forward to close the gap to Sergeant Major myself (25,265 points...) and those 2k would made a huge difference...
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6515|montreal, quebec

why not go outside and play something else? for most of you its summer, enjoy it instead of making bacon off your butt
cospengle

PvtStPoK wrote:

why not go outside and play something else? for most of you its summer, enjoy it instead of making bacon off your butt
It's 2.5C (36.5F) here ATM.
103Steve
+2|6156|England
I was playing some infantry only last night, a lot of the people on there were saying the stats were fixed, I played a couple of rounds and still nothing
I really can't wait until they are fixed!
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH
Since I have been playing less, I got a chance to even-out my commuter's tan (left arm darker then rest of my body) and hang out at the rec pool....kinda nostalgic of my younger years....the days when computers were not in every household
cospengle
nice! how was the scenery?
clickelmo
+0|6156
yes thanks this clarifies things quite a bit.
tbone
+0|6156
HEY IT'S NOT ALL THAT BAD!!
just think of it this way...
you can go out and practice your worst kits
without worrying about stuffing up your KDR.
just spend a round running around with a knife in your hand,
or a pistol and see how you go.
you'll soon get a lot better at it,
and without the permanent blemmish of 25 deaths and 3 kills.

personally, i suck at the grenade launcher, so i'm just running
around working on my range. I'm gettin a hell of a lot better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard