Gunner978
+7|6278|USA
lol.. i think this is all a cover to get people to buy that lame game 2142.. believe what you want ..but Ea is in it for the money..
Scardaddy
+37|6394|UK
I can't even access EA's website now how convienient for them this is a dung pile.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6372|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

XISIX wrote:

Way to go EA. ..... Do we have a follow-up nightmare along lines of patch 1.3 or momentary trouble ?
How many times do people have to be told, ITS NOT EA, ITS GAMESPY...

They handle the stats system, EA get a tonne of flak over issues which they are trying their best to resolve despite it not being their problem. Thank them for actually looking into it.

Honestly.

I don't like this anymore than you do but I'm not blaming a company which 'publishes' the game and has nothing to do with the stats problem.

DONT BLAME EA BECAUSE ITS THE NAME EVERYONE USES. USE YOUR BRAIN AND DONT SAY RUBBISH LIKE 'EA are in it for the money'

Firstly if they are in it for the money, then why would they try to fix the problem? If they wanted you to buy 2142 then they would simply remove all support for BF2

Secondly, EA are a company and they have to make money to make support new games. If you don't like EA then don't buy EA Games.

Someone please bring sanity back to this post.
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia

nighthawk843 wrote:

XISIX wrote:

Way to go EA. ..... Do we have a follow-up nightmare along lines of patch 1.3 or momentary trouble ?

They handle the stats system, EA get a tonne of flak over issues which they are trying their best to resolve despite it not being their problem. Thank them for actually looking into it.

Honestly.

I don't like this anymore than you do but I'm not blaming a company which 'publishes' the game and has nothing to do with the stats problem.

DONT BLAME EA BECAUSE ITS THE NAME EVERYONE USES. USE YOUR BRAIN AND DONT SAY RUBBISH LIKE 'EA are in it for the money'

Firstly if they are in it for the money, then why would they try to fix the problem? If they wanted you to buy 2142 then they would simply remove all support for BF2

Secondly, EA are a company and they have to make money to make support new games. If you don't like EA then don't buy EA Games.

You are either stupid or just being argumentative. Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come even close to what could be described as a rational though. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If EA removed support for BF2 they would be taking a giant shit on their own label. They will fix it because if they don't then whats left of their flagship product will go to the dogs. They are well aware that they can't afford another cock-up like patch 1.3, but as you say, it's not in their hands. They have out sourced all the important parts of the game. IE Programming and Stats. So just as DICE tried their best to fix the game (the latest patch is generally regarded as the best/most stable), so too will GameSpy to fix the current issue. But EA was the publisher, so regardless of the type of problem, the buck stops with them.

EDIT: Spelling, sorry I'm back in the dark ages when the BF2S server crashed and the spell check stopped working for a while. But lo and behold, the world went on without it.

Last edited by cospengle (2007-06-20 05:17:38)

sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6487|UK
well i just got a small stats update, nothing much, just a few points from today. Still missing the large majority of my points and time from the weekend though
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6255|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

nighthawk843 wrote:

XISIX wrote:

Honestly.

My thoughts exactly. At least there is someone here actually with an intelligent point, rather than rambling on about their stats not being updated. The lucky few that are getting updated I am truly pleased for. But I'm more pleased that we are getting kept informed about the issues from EA. If they weren't bothered then why would they reply?
I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6485|denmark

David.Podedworny wrote:

fisher339 wrote:

It would suck if for some random reason, everyone's stats got reset...
Dont joke like that! I love my expert explosives badge! Amd i'm lucky i got it a few days before the stats went down.
oh no.. I got my expert explosives ordinance badge AFTER the servers went down.. I'VE BEEN CHASING THAT THING FOR ALMOST A YEAR!!!
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6216
We are still waiting, but at least some servers are working and EA has acknowledged the problem. There is a 50/50 chance we loose our stats for the last week. But I`m pretty sure EA and game spy know how important the stats are as a motivating factor, so they are probably working over time to not only fix the issue, but also give us our "lost" stats.
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia

daddyofdeath wrote:

But I'm more pleased that we are getting kept informed about the issues from EA.
Please share.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345

Gunner978 wrote:

lol.. i think this is all a cover to get people to buy that lame game 2142.. believe what you want ..but Ea is in it for the money..
That is the most retarded shit I had the pleasure to read in a while.

Ford builds a device into their new cars, that lets a random tire get lose every 15.000 Km. And after the second time, you crash, your car is a wreckage and what do you do?

Run back to Ford to buy the newest Model with an improved "Unscrew-Tire-Feature", now loosing a tire every 10.000 Km!

Sisco out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6372|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

cospengle wrote:

You are either stupid or just being argumentative. Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come even close to what could be described as a rational though. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If EA removed support for BF2 they would be taking a giant shit on their own label. They will fix it because if they don't then whats left of their flagship product will go to the dogs. They are well aware that they can't afford another cock-up like patch 1.3, but as you say, it's not in their hands. They have out sourced all the important parts of the game. IE Programming and Stats. So just as DICE tried their best to fix the game (the latest patch is generally regarded as the best/most stable), so too will GameSpy to fix the current issue. But EA was the publisher, so regardless of the type of problem, the buck stops with them.

EDIT: Spelling, sorry I'm back in the dark ages when the BF2S server crashed and the spell check stopped working for a while. But lo and behold, the world went on without it.
Did you actually read my post? I was replying to someone elses stupid post in this stupid thread. I KNOW if EA removed support from BF2 it would be a bad idea....I was responding to someone else's point about EA being in it for the money. Obviously they are in it for the money, thats why they are fixing it.

This clown was saying that EA wanted BF2 to fail so people would buy 2142, and in his twisted logic, making more money out of it. What Im saying is, they aren't doing that, they are actually trying to fix it.

And you have basically repeated what I said. I think you need to find yourself a brain.

P.S. Why does the buck stop with EA if they are the publisher? EA can't run the servers themselves.......they have to source it out to gamespy otherwise you wouldn't have BF2. It's like servers or anything else. Blaming EA is typical of idiots who like to blame what everyone else shouts about. It's call lack of original thought.

Someone close this bloody thread for god's sake.

Last edited by nighthawk843 (2007-06-20 06:54:45)

BarryBarret
+1|6652
Hello all,

I have been looking around several websites as well and came across this thread with a new reply by a person who works for EA(some kind of technical helpdesk).  http://bf2tracker.com/thread-30965.html   This is the Link. Now, some of you might have seen the beginning but check out the new comment by the Ea spokesperson. He explains that most of people's stats will be "wiped" or "outaged" BUT he confirms the fact that NO STATS whatsoever will be lost. He states that everything is being recorced.. that all ribbons, badges and rankings will be accumulated.. It is just not being transferred to the "Main Server" yet. He also states that EA is giving it its full attention and it might take a while as well BUT that no points will be lost. So Therefore Rank on I would say but if this guy is wrong he will be lynched I think.
RaiD
+5|6614|Canada
I highly doubt we will get our stats back that we lost, but if we do  ...yay

on the other hand I hope they can prevent the same thing from happening again.

also mabey they have some hackers trying to fuck up the stats system and they are too embarrassed to tell us about it

I have an idea that mabey someone would like to take on and make it a sticky, If someone would like to make a post on how the stats system works and how it gets recorded by servers and master servers and mabey a picture or two of how it works, it would probably ease allot of confusion?

Last edited by RaiD (2007-06-20 07:03:38)

Drexel
+43|6478|Philadelphia
I think it's High time to stop with the e-mailing and calling EA and all affiliates.  They know there's a huge problem now, so why keep telling them?

Say you're at work and have a deadline in 1 hour.  Every 2 min. the client calls and asks when you'll be done.  Every 2 min. you have to talk to him and say you're working on it, give us a break.  Suddenly you lose 30 min. of time just because some kid keeps interrupting and demanding to know exactly when everything will be fixed.

I'm sure that half of these so called "reports" aren't real, and if they are, some people will be losing jobs.  When something happens like this, normally a few (Typically one person) makes a statement and everyone responds with said statement.  Stop wasting your and the people who are trying to fix the problem's time by asking the same thing every day and getting the same response every day. 

"Patience, you got to be patient."
                       ---  German kid playing FPS
siciliano732
+202|6651|New York
just curious...i know the stats are still down and all that....and its whatever, its a game, and i have better things to do...but im just curious if through all the above rambling....does anyone actually have some info as to a possibility when the servers will be repaired?

just curious, cuz i know this stuff has been down for about a week or so. Just curious.  Thanks in advance.

Siciliano
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6748|Mexico City

Gunner978 wrote:

i was thinking the same.

does 2142 stats are working or they´re messed too ???
siciliano732
+202|6651|New York

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Gunner978 wrote:

i was thinking the same.

does 2142 stats are working or they´re messed too ???
2142 works just fine...i have been playin that more lately.
Renegade
+3|6239|E-Stonia
its annoying, I keep getting the same ribbon every day.
Lets start posting server ip-s, that we know to be giving points. Servers that are actually ranking.
8.2.121.23 its Dalian Plant 24/7, ur lucky if u get in, mostly full. I play mostly inf, so im interested in EU inf only servers. THX
The_Boss_604
+0|6158
yup ive been playing since friday its now wednesday 5 days at least 5000 points i didnt get thats like 25 hours EA i want my points stats are the only reason i play i guess im not the only 1 thats pissed at u EA i think i wont play BF2 till this problem resolves no point u dont get any points The_Boss_604

Last edited by The_Boss_604 (2007-06-20 09:30:41)

Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6437|UK

Renegade wrote:

Lets start posting server ip-s, that we know to be giving points. Servers that are actually ranking.
8.2.121.23 its Dalian Plant 24/7, ur lucky if u get in, mostly full. I play mostly inf, so im interested in EU inf only servers. THX
theres already a thread for this buddy

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=77536
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Renegade wrote:

I believe the whole system is down, not just individual servers.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6533|Donnacona, Quebec

S.Lythberg wrote:

Renegade wrote:

Some servers work for some reason.
ec1
+0|6158
errrr, wrong i know of at least 3 servers that are confirmed updating like normal and have been since these problems started
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6317|Newcastle UK

ec1 wrote:

errrr, wrong i know of at least 3 servers that are confirmed updating like normal and have been since these problems started
what
ec1
+0|6158

FredFLQ wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Renegade wrote:

Some servers work for some reason.
ding ding, correct here i'll post them these are confirmed working servers that i have tested to be updating

the one already mentioned and a couple more 1 other being mentioned in another tread

84.244.162.180:16567

85.236.101.26:16567

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard