sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina
Hamas takes full control of Gaza

An uneasy calm has returned to the Gaza Strip where Hamas is in full control following a series of attacks on key strongholds of its rival, Fatah.
On its first day of rule, Hamas said it had released several top Fatah military commanders under a prisoner "amnesty".

At least 100 people have died during a week of factional fighting.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has dissolved the Hamas-led unity government and is expected to name a caretaker administration within hours.

However, Prime Minister Ismail Haniya, of Hamas, said his government would ignore Mr Abbas's "hasty decision" and would press on and impose decisive law and order.  He is expected to name an interim administration on Friday. He has said he will rule by presidential decree until the conditions are right for early elections.  Under the Palestinian Basic Law, essentially the Palestinian constitution, the president can rule by decree for 30 days. This can be extended with the approval of the parliament.
What Palestine Should Do

We all know that Hamas has done no good for Palestine.  In fact they seem to want both Israel and Palestine wiped out of the map.
What should Palestine do under these conditions?
I think it's time for the people of Palestine and Mahmoud Abbas to ask Israel for help.  How is that?  Well, most Palestinians want peace.  While Hamas keeps the hardcore extremist attitude towards Israel, Palestine will have no peace.
If non-Hamas Palestine and Israel work together against these Hamas extremists, they will be able to achieve peace.  Can this be done?  We'll never know if they don't try.
Hamas with its BS is giving both Israel and Palestine the opportunity to solve this problem by joining forces against them.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  That's why Palestine should isolate Hamas.  They are enemies of Palestine.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-06-15 05:40:29)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6500|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
But both you and I know that they will not work together, Hamas is a radical group and the Israels won't work with them. The uneducated people of Palestine look up to Hamas because they promise something they can not deliver, a unified Palestine (no Jews).
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

But both you and I know that they will not work together, Hamas is a radical group and the Israels won't work with them. The uneducated people of Palestine look up to Hamas because they promise something they can not deliver, a unified Palestine (no Jews).

sergeriver wrote:

If non-Hamas Palestine and Israel work together against these Hamas extremists, they will be able to achieve peace.  Can this be done?  We'll never know if they don't try.
Hamas with its BS is giving both Israel and Palestine the opportunity to solve this problem by joining forces against them.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  That's why Palestine should isolate Hamas.  They are enemies of Palestine.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6634|London, England

SgtHeihn wrote:

Huh? He wasn't saying that Israel should work with Hamas. He's saying they should work with the opposition (which in this case is Fatah - who want a 2 state solution) to get rid of Hamas. Which sounds like a good idea, easier said than done. I reckon it's a little late for that too.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

Not Hamas.  The rest of Palestine.  The moderate Palestine.  Palestine and Israel should fight against Hamas together.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

Mekstizzle wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Huh? He wasn't saying that Israel should work with Hamas. He's saying they should work with the opposition (which in this case is Fatah - who want a 2 state solution) to get rid of Hamas. Which sounds like a good idea, easier said than done. I reckon it's a little late for that too.
What other options has Palestine?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

They could roll over and submit to rightful Israeli dominance.

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
I was not saying Hamas, but the problem is that they are part of the elected government right now and they will not give up power unless forced out.
That is the problem they face over their. Hamas is entrenched in both Palestine and Lebanon and they will not step down unless forced too.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

Bertster7 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lol.  But seriously, I think moderate Palestine should ally with Israel to fight Hamas radicals.  After cleaning Palestine (in the good way) they will be able to negotiate a two states solution.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

I was not saying Hamas, but the problem is that they are part of the elected government right now and they will not give up power unless forced out.
That is the problem they face over their. Hamas is entrenched in both Palestine and Lebanon and they will not step down unless forced too.
So they should be forced to GTFO.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Not Hamas.  The rest of Palestine.  The moderate Palestine.  Palestine and Israel should fight against Hamas together.
The Palestinians will not stand with Jews against their brothers, even if their brothers are wrong.

We are trying to look at this in the West type of sense, the way of thinking over their is way different than our own. These people think it is ok to send suicide bombers to kill non believers. You can say what you want about moderates, but their is too few over their.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

In a perfect world, yes. You have a orginazation that their whole being is to destroy Israel not co exist with them. The problem you run into is that Muslims will back each other in a "Holy War", moderates are too few to be of any pull in the politics over their right now. Maybe 10-15 years down the road they will have built a large enough following to cause a change.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Lol.  But seriously, I think moderate Palestine should ally with Israel to fight Hamas radicals.  After cleaning Palestine (in the good way) they will be able to negotiate a two states solution.
Could work well. It might develop some common ground and mutual respect between them, but probably not.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

The Palestinians will not stand with Jews against their brothers, even if their brothers are wrong.

We are trying to look at this in the West type of sense, the way of thinking over their is way different than our own. These people think it is ok to send suicide bombers to kill non believers. You can say what you want about moderates, but their is too few over their.
They have no other options.  They need to accept Israel and work with them to stop these Hamas extremists.  After this, Israel will have no excuses and they will negotiate.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

In a perfect world, yes. You have a orginazation that their whole being is to destroy Israel not co exist with them. The problem you run into is that Muslims will back each other in a "Holy War", moderates are too few to be of any pull in the politics over their right now. Maybe 10-15 years down the road they will have built a large enough following to cause a change.
That's where we don't agree.  Extremists are the few, not moderates.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
But thats the thing, they do have another option, keep the Jihad going. As long as hate is taught by both sides, we will have the same situation that we have now.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

If there were more Mods that extremes, why do we still have rockets flying and bombs being dropped? Hate is the corner stone for both Governments right now. Until something else is taught, we will have war.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

But thats the thing, they do have another option, keep the Jihad going. As long as hate is taught by both sides, we will have the same situation that we have now.
But most people from both Israel and Palestine want peace.  That says something.  We are brainwashed by the media.  We only get to see what Palestinian radicals or Israel's F-16s do.  Some wacko blowing shit up sells more newspapers than a moderate person doing the right thing.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-06-15 05:21:35)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

If there were more Mods that extremes, why do we still have rockets flying and bombs being dropped? Hate is the corner stone for both Governments right now. Until something else is taught, we will have war.
^Read above^.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

sergeriver wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

^Read above^.
Got me there, reminds me of a quote from the Spanish-American war,"You get me the pictures, I'll get you the war".

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-06-15 05:41:53)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6574
I can see how this would work:

Palestine: Hey, Israel, you wanna lend a hand?
Israel: Sure thing
*SMACK*
Palestine: Dude, WTF?
Israel: Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't enough?  Here, have another
*BAM*
Israel: In fact, while we're at it, why don't we just finish you off?
*KABOOM*
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

Bubbalo wrote:

I can see how this would work:

Palestine: Hey, Israel, you wanna lend a hand?
Israel: Sure thing
*SMACK*
Palestine: Dude, WTF?
Israel: Oh, I'm sorry, that wasn't enough?  Here, have another
*BAM*
Israel: In fact, while we're at it, why don't we just finish you off?
*KABOOM*
If you can't defeat 'em join 'em.
san4
The Mas
+311|6701|NYC, a place to live

sergeriver wrote:

What Palestine Should Do

We all know that Hamas has done no good for Palestine.  In fact they seem to want both Israel and Palestine wiped out of the map.
What should Palestine do under these conditions?
I think it's time for the people of Palestine and Mahmoud Abbas to ask Israel for help.  How is that?  Well, most Palestinians want peace.  While Hamas keeps the hardcore extremist attitude towards Israel, Palestine will have no peace.
Are you suggesting that Israel and the anti-Hamas Palestinians get rid of Hamas by defeating them militarily? Don't you think there might be some civilian casualties in such an effort? Maybe they should set up a dozen checkpoints in Gaza? Or are you suggesting some sort of non-violent means? How in the world could they get rid of Hamas without imposing severe burdens on civilians in Gaza?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6236|Escea

If the did end up working together, and this is a big if, the Palestinians could help identify Hamas locations and so on, the Israelis tell all non-Hamas to leave the area by a certain time and then bomb the living shit out of them. Put a guided missile through the window of a building.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-06-15 07:00:10)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6532|Πάϊ
For the people of Palestine, moderate or not, Israel is the number 1 enemy. Any side that tries to somehow use them or work with them will automatically lose public support. They will rightfully be viewed as traitors, and the opposing side will gain a huge advantage.

This is already Hamas' way of getting the people behind them. Abbas is already considered a traitor among many in Palestine, without having tried anything as bold.

Besides, Israel would never cooperate. They love the fact that Palestinians are divided, and of course the fact that Hamas runs things. It gives them reason to up the aggression.
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard