Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
FOX beats NBC hands down in their coverage.  Whoever hired that moron Bill Weber for NBC should be shot.  He doesn't know crap about NASCAR and his voice is the most annoying thing ever.  Any other NASCAR fans agree?  I'm gonna start an email campaign to NASCAR so they'll stick with FOX and toss NBC out on their ear for their pathetic coverage.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6499|Menlo Park, CA
Formula 1 is light years better than NASCAR. . . . .
icecold2510
+31|6302
I agree, FOX's broadcasts beat all others. Who doesn't love boogity boogity boogity!
Stingray24

fadedsteve wrote:

Alrighty then.  Make an F1 thread.  Bye now.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

fadedsteve wrote:

And light-years faster..
Stingray24
NASCAR driver's have to operate the clutch, shift, control engine power, use driving skills to keep the car from spinning out, and select the proper gear for launch.  None of which F1 drivers have to do because a computer does it for them. 

Now back on topic and you F1 fanboys can go drink wine coolers together in another thread.
howler_27
+90|6695
Allright lets go boys! Boogity Boogity Boogi -STFU redneck.  I used to watch Nascar religeously, but in all honesty, it's been damn near unbearable the last few years.  Sick of the constant rule changes and bs behind the scenes.  Give me F1 anyday.  Nascar has become a 3hr commercial, and the roundy round guys are just driving billboards.  I know that they make the money for the sponsors, but it seems to me as if they are worried about who can get the most decals on their cars as opposed to who can destroy the competition(back to weekly rule changes again.
Stingray24
For the record I don't care if anyone likes F1.  I asked NASCAR fans to comment.  If you want to yammer on about F1, start your own thread.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6491|P-way, NJ
I hate when nascar takes over cops on fox.
darad0
+40|6629|Centreville, VA

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

cops >>>> nascar

+1 for you.

Last edited by darad0 (2007-06-14 18:11:13)

TravisC555
+118|6227|Cox Convention Center, OK

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Its on Court TV and Fox over here.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD

darad0 wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

cops >>>> nascar

+1 for you.
Indeed, very much.
trippy982
+34|6406
Cops > F1 > NASCAR?
Brasso
+1,549|6638

NASCAR = people driving in endless circles.

"He's making a left turn....and another left turn!  Going down the straightaway!  And yet ANOTHER left turn!  Don't forget that last one!  A little straightaway...and there!  He's completed one lap!  Only 500 more to go!"

*yawn*
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stingray24
Ah, so you can do it with a guy on each door handle heading into a turn at 170mph+ without crashing?  Never tried?  Ok, then.  Once again, who likes FOX coverage better than NBC?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America

Stingray24 wrote:

Ah, so you can do it with a guy on each door handle heading into a turn at 170mph+ without crashing?  Never tried?  Ok, then.  Once again, who likes FOX coverage better than NBC?
Seems you're the only NASCAR fan here. I went through a NASCAR phase for about a year, then discovered F1 but that's no more exciting, and now, two days until the 24 hrs Le Mans race.
Stingray24
I've received PMs from plenty of other NASCAR fans.  Since no one wants to stay on topic go ahead and close this mods.
The#1Spot
+105|6548|byah

Stingray24 wrote:

NASCAR driver's have to operate the clutch, shift, control engine power, use driving skills to keep the car from spinning out, and select the proper gear for launch.  None of which F1 drivers have to do because a computer does it for them. 

Now back on topic and you F1 fanboys can go drink wine coolers together in another thread.
How hard is it to select a gear when you only have 4 compared to 7 in a F1 car. There is a clutch in a F1 car but they only use it in 1st. How hard is it to control a car on a 20degree embankment.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6450|SoCal
Let's be honest, here.  NASCAR has its points and its fans, but it will always require less skill than any other type of racing on the planet.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6491|P-way, NJ

TravisC555 wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Its on Court TV and Fox over here.
Yes, i watch it everyday on court tv but on saturday at 9pm is a NEW cop show, the one on court tv is just reruns, its also on G4tv.

Believe me, I watch it everyday since I want to become one
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
indefinitely, all the people who hate it have probably never watched a full race. as a uk'er, i stream nascar from america and absolutely love it. the crashes are amazing, this year's daytona was mindblowing.. go kurt! kyle fails this year he's too dangerous a driver.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6681|Colorado
Dale Jr is going to kick ass on the hendrick team & I agree NBC sucks balls compared to fox's coverage course fox beats everyone in sports.
Stingray24

The#1Spot wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

How hard is it to select a gear when you only have 4 compared to 7 in a F1 car. There is a clutch in a F1 car but they only use it in 1st. How hard is it to control a car on a 20degree embankment.
Pushing a button 7 times is not shifting, nor is it skill when it’s performed completely by computer.  Knowing the proper revs, using the clutch, and then manually using the gearbox is shifting.  I fully appreciate the lightning quick reflexes required to steer and brake in F1.  Those certainly are skills that have to be honed to the razor’s edge to be successful.  The fact remains, in F1, the engine adjusts its revs automatically, the clutch engages automatically, the traction control adjusts the throttle input to keep the tires from spinning, and it even adjusts how much throttle input is accepted so the car stays under control.  Missing a shift or spinning out is near impossible unless you’re severely over-driving the car and taking foolish risks.  None of those electronic safety nets are used in NASCAR.  Everything is manual, even the gauges in the car. 

I’m not disrespecting the skill F1 drivers have, all I’m asking is for some respect for the skills NASCAR drivers possess.  They have a lot more to do in the car to be fast and successful.  Do some research on NASCAR like I’ve done on F1 and maybe some of you can appreciate the sport.  I happen to like both series but NASCAR is a little closer to us regular guys.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6451|Stealth City, UK

Stingray24 wrote:

Have you seen the Monaco circuit? I'd like to see a NASCAR driver on a moped going round that track without crashing or clipping the sides!

Edit: The fact is F1 is loved all around the world. NASCAR is really only an American thing.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-06-15 14:00:27)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6701|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I personally prefer TNT because I hate DW with a fucking passion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard