r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6447

Iminent wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

UPDATE!!!, again..

oh well, I'm making a guide non the less, but I think instead of teaching people about some advanced techniques (which many of the "pr0"s in here will bash me for not teaching correct in the first place..) I have decided to focus on:

- Animation for beginners!

and some small things I do know something about.. so the new guide will be like this one Beginners guide to making animated sigs using photoshop + some other random stuff you can improve your skills with

you might be asking yourself.. "hmm I've never seen a animated sig from this guy" - correct. I do know how to animate sigs, its just that I've never been that fond of the .gif format.. only 256 colors and some other poor properties..
sorry to dissapoint some beginners that were hoping to learn some "advanced" stuff, its just that:

• I'm not that good at PS as you might think, so I'll have a hard time explaining some of the stuff
  • There are some good guides and such out there from better PS users than me
  • I tried to do some of it, but by the looks of it, that guide would have been 3x this one and I just dont have the time for such work

The things I DO have, I'll include in either the new guide or this one.. probably this one since it fits this one best..
yayyyy lol. i got this guide through google so i thought id sign up for the forums. i have problems with photoshop tho...dont even know how to use the brushes or anything. anyway i was doin the tutorial...n i got stuck when trying to erase a picture of beyonce i decided to use. but i got there eventually...n i added the fireworks image to the sig but it completely covered beyonce..so i was wondering how i could blend in beyonce with the background without it covering her. im confused.
Reduce the "capacity" and the "fill"....

https://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/rabee2789/untitled-2.jpg

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-06-21 12:37:14)

Iminent
+0|6154

rabee2789b wrote:

Iminent wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

UPDATE!!!, again..

oh well, I'm making a guide non the less, but I think instead of teaching people about some advanced techniques (which many of the "pr0"s in here will bash me for not teaching correct in the first place..) I have decided to focus on:

- Animation for beginners!

and some small things I do know something about.. so the new guide will be like this one Beginners guide to making animated sigs using photoshop + some other random stuff you can improve your skills with

you might be asking yourself.. "hmm I've never seen a animated sig from this guy" - correct. I do know how to animate sigs, its just that I've never been that fond of the .gif format.. only 256 colors and some other poor properties..
sorry to dissapoint some beginners that were hoping to learn some "advanced" stuff, its just that:

• I'm not that good at PS as you might think, so I'll have a hard time explaining some of the stuff
  • There are some good guides and such out there from better PS users than me
  • I tried to do some of it, but by the looks of it, that guide would have been 3x this one and I just dont have the time for such work

The things I DO have, I'll include in either the new guide or this one.. probably this one since it fits this one best..
yayyyy lol. i got this guide through google so i thought id sign up for the forums. i have problems with photoshop tho...dont even know how to use the brushes or anything. anyway i was doin the tutorial...n i got stuck when trying to erase a picture of beyonce i decided to use. but i got there eventually...n i added the fireworks image to the sig but it completely covered beyonce..so i was wondering how i could blend in beyonce with the background without it covering her. im confused.
Reduce the "capacity" and the "fill"....

[url]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/rabee2789/untitled-2.jpg[/url]
lol im gonna have to try that.

any idea how i can take everything off this beyonce picture excluding her?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/32406246_22b30e0109.jpg

i did it before but it took me three trys and 2 hours..seriously.

but yeh thanks
r'Eeee
+311|6447

It's kinda hard as you can't see her dress really well. I would suggest to try and use the lasso tool and then use the eraser to clear the edges.

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-06-21 11:46:17)

LightMagic
Banned
+21|6661|Sheerness, UK
I made this from the Pic Iminent Posted

https://img458.imageshack.us/img458/2605/beyonceforumsig2zt2.png
Shot at 1969-12-31
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark

LightMagic wrote:

I made this from the Pic Iminent Posted

https://img458.imageshack.us/img458/2605/beyonceforumsig2zt2.png
Shot at 1969-12-31
not bad, not bad at all.. If it was me I'd maybe turn down the "glow" but still good.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6661|Sheerness, UK
I'm into Star Trek as well as online games so I used your great tutorial to make a new sig for myself

https://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2107/lightmagicforumsigov2.jpg

Thanks again

Z-trooper

Last edited by LightMagic (2007-06-23 01:18:00)

Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark

LightMagic wrote:

I'm into Star Trek as well as online games so I used your great tutorial to make a new sig for myself

https://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2107/lightmagicforumsigov2.jpg

Thanks again

Z-trooper
no problem, just glad to help out, and so happy that I could get so many people started using photoshop.

I like the sig. if it was me I'd maybe change the border color to black - but it dosnt matter! black is used everywhere so its nice with something different..
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

I honestly advise you veer away from cut-outs. Unless you are creating a special effect.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark

Zimmer wrote:

I honestly advise you veer away from cut-outs. Unless you are creating a special effect.
hmm, I've heard this before.. and I know.

the reason behind it is that I'm trying to show as many basic things as I possibly can by doing one signature. And the .png thing was one of the things I wanted to show..

also if you look at "what has been made from this guide" you will see that not all have done so.

also I would like to point out (again..........) that this is a beginners guide, like I did to some other people. It dosent teach people how to make the best sigs (1. I cant teach that because I cant do that, and 2, its a matter of personal opinion), I am just trying to get people started! which seem to have worked in a number of cases.
And I am working on a guide using some more "complex" techniques and how not to make the sigs too loud as I have alse been commented for in the past..

I appriciate your input though..
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

But a beginners guide doesn't have to contain actions that are not very nice in sigs.
You can still make a beginners guide without needing to show how to do a cutout.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark

Zimmer wrote:

But a beginners guide doesn't have to contain actions that are not very nice in sigs.
You can still make a beginners guide without needing to show how to do a cutout.
true.

the thing about it not being nice in sigs.. thats a rather personal comment, cause I dont really like your style in sigs (on offence - really!) its completely up to the individual person what he/she takes from this guide and uses. the guide is meant to get people started, nothing more, nothing less.
besides I was in a phase back when I made this contribution.

you might be right, but even if you are, I am not going to remake this entire guide just because you dont fancy the "cutout" effect. You have no idea how many hours this took to make, sorry its just a big enough reason for me to go re do all of that work..

hope you understand..
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

Nothin wrong with learning how to do a cutout, transparency was one of the first things I looked up when I started to learn, I don't use it as much as I thaught I would at the time but it's well worth knowing how to do, for a start it gets the wow factor straight off from people who don't know how to do it
onadako
+0|6150
thanks alot master Z-TROOPER, i made this sig, then booom cool, thnx again,,
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark
pretty cool good job
CarlskiE
+0|6150
i made dis sig yesterday... bcos all my friends use Photoshop now i dont want to get behind so i droped by at this site yesterday and have seen ur post i followed it and this was the result.. >_<
oRbIt
+0|6146
Hi there, I've been using Photoshop for a while and would like to ask a question:

I have made a sig using transparency but aparently have to save it as a GIF. instead of a PNG. because for some reason IE does not support PNG transparency.

Now, when i save it as a GIF., sure, i get the transparency, but i also get an unwanted white stroke or two next to my image:

Here it is:

[img]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/orbit11111111111111/Team-Oblivion-Banner.gif[/img]

Any help or suggestions?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

voodoosniper7 wrote:

i love this guide what do you think of this.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206 … psig-2.png
its my first PS sig. i used to have paint.net its really junkie
looks good.. really good glad that my guide could help you

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Use the right shade of grey (#323232 for those who don't know), or make it transparent.
hmm dont know whats wrong with your screen but when I prt scr and sample the background color its #3838383 and his sig looks good to me, no visibles lines due to color difference here..

but please let me know if thats the case, it could be my comp thats having a problem - but I have tested it on all 3 of my comps, and no color difference.. all #383838
3000:1 contrast ratio = win, thats why it looks wrong, I just see more shades of grey then the average monitor.

and i got the color from print screen and checking the shade of grey in PS.
Noooo, it's because you are using IE, which fails at colors.

Taken Directly from the Forum CSS:

Code:

/****************************************************************/
/* 2. POST BACKGROUNDS AND TEXT */
/****************************************************************/

/* 2.1 This is the setup for posts. */

DIV.blockpost DIV.box, DIV.postright, DIV.postfootright, #postpreview {BACKGROUND-COLOR: #383838}
IE Fails.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
r'Eeee
+311|6447

Why this is not a sticky anymore?
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark

rabee2789b wrote:

Found a computer with internet and decided to check up on things here..

No idea mate, no idea.. good job on winning the sotw! you deserved it..

Even chuy said it was good, but I guess is that some mod didnt think it was sticky material any longer... oh well, thats why I'm not a mod - cause some things I just dont get..

Well I'm off again.. take care
r'Eeee
+311|6447

Z-trooper wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

Found a computer with internet and decided to check up on things here..

No idea mate, no idea.. good job on winning the sotw! you deserved it..

Even chuy said it was good, but I guess is that some mod didnt think it was sticky material any longer... oh well, thats why I'm not a mod - cause some things I just dont get..

Well I'm off again.. take care
Missed ya on xfire, hehe. Talk laters.
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

NooBesT wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

For me it's #383838 at least...

BTW you should do the intermediate one.
thanks.. I might do that, but it'll be a while, because of my exams and the summer comming up. It takes a lot of time doing it.. but for intermediate/advanced some of the pr0's here have begun posting videos of themselves making sigs.. and like Ryan said, he might do a guide so I'm kind of thinking "why bother?"
Meh... Ryan fails.
Love you too.
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6603
EDIT: Fixed it and finished my sig.

Last edited by PsychoKillers (2007-07-03 22:02:25)

oRbIt
+0|6146
Finished my sig too.
Sunbursted
+0|6136
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2827/untitled1la5.png[/img][/url]

Made this one with none of the updates Ty! +1 respect +1 karma
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark
  • Hey good too see some new additions
  • Good to see that people still use this guide!!

I'll add all the new stuff when I get back to my computer in good ol' Denmark (Sitting in Luxembourg @ my girlfriends laptop, wont be home in another 36 hours..)

Can someone please give me an answer to my question?
- why is this thread not a sticky any more? people are still using it?

I 100% understand if its getting "old", or there are too many stickies, or it was a mistake to give it "sticky status" in the first place...

But noone has PM'ed or writtin in this topic why it was de-stickied... I know nothing about it.. I only know that when I logged out to go on vecation it was de-stickied asap..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard