Poll

Guitar poll for our musicians in here! Help Slayi to find a new baby..

Gibson Les Paul Studio66%66% - 26
ESP Eclipse II23%23% - 9
ESP LTD EC50010%10% - 4
Total: 39
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6748|Hell, p.o box 666

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Find an old Hamer...

Or an old Charvel...
Hm, dont have any experience with Charvel or Hamer so far. I dont know if US made guitars of those brands are aviable here. Most american guitars are only sold in cheap series made in Korea/China over here, and if you want a US made, you have to order it in the states.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6577|Seattle
why on earth would u buy another LP type guitar? Get a single coil fender or some unusual acoustic. Do you have a rickenbacker? A baritone guitar? Do you have a nice classical guitar? 12 string? How many bass guitars do you have and what types? Get a drum kit. You better have all the necessary recording equipment before bothering to buy more of those things. Its just silly to have every possible cut sold on essentially the same guitar with the same pickups. if your guitars are just like cars or gaming computers to you, then you are more of a collector than a musician. use your money to advance your creative options but dont convince yourself that metal requires more than a single guitar and amp.

All that aside, whats the body made of on those three you are looking at?
Slayer
---hates you

Well Marinejuana, a good post, really!

Why I want to buy another Paula? Because the Paulas I´ve got (Standard with Gibson Burstbuckers and a Studio with Seymour Duncans) dont sound too good on lower tunings then D and arent made for it at all. The other reason, because since I´ve started playing guitars the Paula design was my fave.

Marinejuana wrote:

Get a single coil fender
A Fender Strat, and/or Tele doesnt fit for low tunings too. They sound great in E, but tune a Eb and they start to mudd.

Marinejuana wrote:

Do you have a rickenbacker? A baritone guitar? Do you have a nice classical guitar? 12 string? How many bass guitars do you have and what types? Get a drum kit.
No, I dont have a Rickenbacker, I dont like the sound of those. I got a Ibanez Baritone RG. I got a Ovation western guitar. I got a old Lakewood 12 string. I dont have any bass guitars anymore, I had a Musicman Stingray once. Why should I buy a drumkit? We got two kits in our rehearsal room and one in the studio, also, Im not a drummer, although I can play drums pretty good.

Marinejuana wrote:

You better have all the necessary recording equipment before bothering to buy more of those things.
As we have a semiproffesional studio and two engineers who work for us/with us why should I spend any money in such stuff? I got enough recording protools at home to record my ideas, licks etc etc.

Marinejuana wrote:

f your guitars are just like cars or gaming computers to you, then you are more of a collector than a musician.
Well, your opinion. As I play guitars nearly every day, work for some german studios and gig with my band every single weekend I might call myself a musician. Yeah, I might sound like a collector, but whats wrong with having more then one guitar?

Marinejuana wrote:

use your money to advance your creative options but dont convince yourself that metal requires more than a single guitar and amp.
When we play a gig with the band I mostly use three-four diffrent guitars, because their sound is diffrent. Of course I could play a gig with one guitar only, but it doesnt give me the sound I want for a lead or a song. Should I play a ballad with my BC RICH V? And that metal (yeah I play in a metal band, but also other styles for living) only needs a heavy Strat (RG) and one Amp is, sorry, bullshit. Although I only use my ENGL Special Edition amp, my tone would be completley diffrent with a Boogie or Marshall.

Of course, more hardware doesnt make you better, thats absolutley true! But as I declare myself as a above average player with enough knowledge and skills on the fretboard I dont need this stuff to enlarge my p*nis. For example I just bought a very cheap Telecaster copy (100€) last week, just becaus I like its tone. I´ve played this guitar during gigs on friday and saturday. So much about the enlargment. I dont care for brands or prices. I´m searching diffrent sounds.

Marinejuana wrote:

All that aside, whats the body made of on those three you are looking at?
The bodies are made of Mahagoni/Sapelli/Sipo wood. Necks are hard maple. As you know there is even a diffrence in sound with the same wood.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6577|Seattle
well now that you have read and responded to my standard guitarist gear collection warning i wish you the best of luck with your band and hope this new guitar works out. its a shame u cant just go to the local music store and spend some time with each of them. im sure one would jump out at you as the clear choice.
Qrite
sup g
+79|6166|Ohio
Gibson all the way!  Personally i think it looks the best out of the three
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6543|Scotland
Gibson, just so you can say "I have a gibson"

it also looks better than them all.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6471|Somewhere else

Gibson.  They never fail on quality.  I have custom and I've never touched a finer guitar.
Slayer
---hates you

Ja, just ordered the Gibson Les Paul "limited Edition" My dealer made me a more than good price for it.

https://www.gibson.com/Files//USA/2007/LPMTSEBC1_.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.
Alone+EasyTarget
+38|6349|From: From: From:
good choice
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6382|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Ibanez MTM1 ftw

https://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/fit,400by400/MTM1BR-de01d87652c262eac6162a5b7198fd2b.jpg
Slayer
---hates you

Too expensive, too red, too Slipknot!
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6382|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
omg who deleted the rest of my sig ( for the 2nd time
Slayer
---hates you

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

omg who deleted the rest of my sig ( for the 2nd time
me, too big, doesnt fit!
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6595
Heres what I suggest you do. Go to your guitar store that carries those specific guitars and paly each one and see which one feels best. Biggest problem is people look at the design and think its awesome but it plays like shit. Get the one that's comfertable to play and handle for whatever style of music you prefer. (Better be Metal or i'll rip off your head)
Slayer
---hates you

hm, read the first post man

I´ve tested those guitars last thursday and chose the Gibson today.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard