Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6740|Singapore
China Escalates War Readiness
China Threatens War Escalation Over Bush Handshake

In an astounding development that has completely failed to register any attention amongst mainstream U.S. media, China promised to escalate preparations for war in advance of a potential conflict, after President Bush shook hands with a Taiwanese government official yesterday.

Bush shook hands and met with Taiwan's representative to the United States, Joseph Wu, on Tuesday, during a commemoration for victims of Communism in Washington DC.

In a headline story that aired at 10pm Shanghai time Wednesday night on the Hong Kong based PHTV news channel, Chinese government leaders threatened to plan new war games and heighten military readiness in anticipation of any attempt by the U.S. to defend Taiwan should a Chinese invasion occur, or simply if Taiwan declares its independence.

According to the news station, Taiwanese media were manipulating the handshake for their own geopolitical agenda.

Source:http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=160262
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
A commemoration for victims of Communism?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723
China won't do shit, they know the US is far too powerful and they're dependent on each other.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
Uh..........yeah......the US too powerful for China?  I think not.
BVC
+325|6702
China would have to take Taiwan quickly, not to mention they've got some good snipers...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

Pubic wrote:

China would have to take Taiwan quickly, not to mention they've got some good snipers...
There's no doubt China would kick Taiwan's ass, but they still need a more powerful navy. I think they need more troops than D-Day to invade Taiwan. Secret airbases FTW. I would be out of this fucking country if China attacks (Thank god I gave Aussie citizenship )

To Bubs:

On pure conventional warfare the US would defitnantly win, more powerful navy and US has the best Airforce. But the US can economically strangle the Chinese by not buying Chinese products, but that will never happen since all the US cares about nowadays is all money...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6518|Gold Coast
I think that the US is too great of an ally to invade, even if it is China we're talking about. The US buys everything, bringing in money to places that would get next to nothing if the US didnt exist.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

KuSTaV wrote:

I think that the US is too great of an ally to invade, even if it is China we're talking about. The US buys everything, bringing in money to places that would get next to nothing if the US didnt exist.
Don't forget India, more people in the future, most living in shit = Cheap labour.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

There's no doubt China would kick Taiwan's ass, but they still need a more powerful navy. I think they need more troops than D-Day to invade Taiwan. Secret airbases FTW. I would be out of this fucking country if China attacks (Thank god I gave Aussie citizenship )
Yeah, no.  Secret airbases would mean the Taiwanese might put up more of a fight, but Taiwan is pretty small.  There are only so many places to hide airfields.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

On pure conventional warfare the US would defitnantly win, more powerful navy and US has the best Airforce. But the US can economically strangle the Chinese by not buying Chinese products, but that will never happen since all the US cares about nowadays is all money...
It doesn't matter that the US has better technology, if it came to war the Chinese would beat the with sheer numbers.  It doesn't matter if only 1 in 10 rockets are successful if you can build 10 times the rockets that your enemy can.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yeah, no.  Secret airbases would mean the Taiwanese might put up more of a fight, but Taiwan is pretty small.  There are only so many places to hide airfields.
True to that Taiwan is small, but there are some areas which can be used for a quick response airfield.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

It doesn't matter that the US has better technology, if it came to war the Chinese would beat the with sheer numbers.  It doesn't matter if only 1 in 10 rockets are successful if you can build 10 times the rockets that your enemy can.
But what about logistics? That is one of the main problems in a war, I doubt China has better logistics than the US... Even with China's sheer number, I doubt their training can match the US' or their numbers would help that much.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
Why would either want to annoy each other? The US gets all it's stuff from China, China gets all it's money (and power) from the US.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6707|MoVal So-Cal

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree with Mr. Negative. The one and only, Bubbalo. I would say that China would have its hands full with us US-ians (America is a fucking pair of continents, get it strait)....If we weren't involved in 2 wars with 2 currently pending.

Last edited by Pernicious544 (2007-06-14 03:42:41)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723

Spark wrote:

Why would either want to annoy each other? The US gets all it's stuff from China, China gets all it's money (and power) from the US.
Me thinks the fault is on the Taiwanese side. We have retarded media after all, our news is worst than fox news.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

True to that Taiwan is small, but there are some areas which can be used for a quick response airfield.
But only until the Chinese arrive.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

But what about logistics? That is one of the main problems in a war, I doubt China has better logistics than the US... Even with China's sheer number, I doubt their training can match the US' or their numbers would help that much.
It doesn't matter that the US has better global logistics if the war is being fought off the coast of China.  Further, the US' training and technology isn't far enough ahead of China's to make up for the huge numerical disadvantage.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

Pernicious544 wrote:

(America is a fucking pair of continents, get it strait)
No, that's the America's.  America is a slang term for the US.
Commie Killer
+192|6393
Numbers have greatly lost there effectiveness since the 1700's. Better training and better weapons are still gonna win the war, even if a battle may be lost.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2007-06-15 12:12:56)

golgoj4
+51|6780|North Hollywood

Pernicious544 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree with Mr. Negative. The one and only, Bubbalo. I would say that China would have its hands full with us US-ians (America is a fucking pair of continents, get it strait)....If we weren't involved in 2 wars with 2 currently pending.
I always thought America was the US, meaning North America which resides on 1 continent. Is that not straight?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
Nuclear states don't go to war with each other.
Fen321
+54|6504|Singularity
Cyberwarefare

For those that think China would not match the US tech I simply present to you a bit of news that i found.

Information Week wrote:

The PLA is investing in computer network operations such as network attacks, network defenses, and network exploitation, according to the report. "The PLA sees [computer network operations] as critical to achieving 'electromagnetic dominance' early in a conflict," said the report, adding that China is focused on developing the ability to disrupt battlefield information systems.
Coupled with this tid bit of information and their testing of a kinetic anti-satellite missile I would bet they understand the fact that the US is highly dependent on its tech. No biggie, but they have been carrying out "cyber" raids against US positions for years now, mostly unreported with concerns to bigger news outlets. So I wouldn't exactly count them out of a fight should one ever arise between the two states.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6350|New York
Simple economics will ensure this scenario never comes to pass.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6460|Ontario, Canada

Ayumiz wrote:

Source:http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=160262
Wow dude, your source is another forum thread which isn't surprising, even they didn't source it themselves.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6402|Indianapolis, IN

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

China won't do shit, they know the US is far too powerful and they're dependent on each other.
We do depend on each other but you're crazy to think that we're more powerful than them. If you think about it most of the communists are far more powerful than us. It's a scary thing to think about, considering their army alone is 10 soldiers per every 1 us citizen, that's counting the military.
Commie Killer
+192|6393

misconfiguration wrote:

We do depend on each other but you're crazy to think that we're more powerful than them. If you think about it most of the communists are far more powerful than us. It's a scary thing to think about, considering their army alone is 10 soldiers per every 1 us citizen, that's counting the military.

Commie Killer wrote:

Numbers have greatly lost there effectiveness since the 1700's. Better training and better weapons are still gonna win the war, even if a battle may be lost.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6292|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
China invades Taiwan.
Taiwan pleads for help.
US comes to the rescue.
We fight China.
We plead for help.
The U.N. comes in.
China asks for help.

Now, who would help China?
Commie Killer
+192|6393

Undetected_Killer wrote:

China invades Taiwan.
Taiwan pleads for help.
US comes to the rescue.
We fight China.
We plead for help.
The U.N. comes in.
China asks for help.

Now, who would help China?
Correction
China invades Taiwan.
US and UK and probably Australia and Germany come to the rescue.
US four fight China, and probably NK.
Lots of people die, mainly Chinese(they are a target rich environment, people say they have a lot of soldiers, well, that just means you have a bigger chance of hitting when you shoot).
Both sides ask for more help.
UN comes to help after talking about it for a few months.
China gets anal raped when its economy collapses.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2007-06-15 12:59:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard